Replies

• Sunday - Ruled by the sun.  The Lord is generally dressed in red garment (ruby).
    Monday - Ruled by the moon.  Their Lordships wears white on this day, the color of pearl.
    Tuesday -Ruled by the planet Mars. wears red or pink garments on this day, the color of the coral.
    Wednesday - Ruled by Mercury. Lord wears green, the color of the emerald.
    Thursday - Ruled by Jupiter. Lord wear yellow or gold dress, the color of the yellow sapphire.
    Friday - Ruled by the planet Venus. Lord wears white garments this day, the color of the diamond.
    Saturday - Ruled by the planet Saturn. Lords wears the black cloth on this day, corresponding to the color of the blue sapphire.

Generally in temples we do not strictly follow this routine, but on special days like Ekadasi, the lord is dressed in Red or Pink Colour. 

On Purnima, white and Amavasya, Black or dark colors.

Hare Krishan

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Pooja Chawla Mataji, please accept my humble obeisance! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

in the reality we should not put Supreme Personality of Godhead Krishna under some astrological restrictions. But sometimes out of love we can do it also. But usually we do not care about color we just want to give to Him whatever if beautiful and comfortable for Him.

But even though if You want:

on Monday usually white, milk color

on Tuesday bloody red

on Wednesday green

Thursday yellow

Friday white life a diamond

Saturday blue, black

Sunday red, orange

Your servant,

• Hare Krishna!!

Thank you, Mataji!  Someone told me that I should dress Him as per specific colours only. So glad you clarified :)

Ys,

Pooja

This reply was deleted.