śrī-jagannātha nīlādri-śiro-mukuṭa-ratna he
dāru-brahman ghana-śyāma prasīda puruṣottama
praphulla puṇḍarīkākṣa lavābdhi-taṭāmṛta
guṭikodara māḿ pāhi nānābhogapurandara
nijādhara sudhādāyinn indra-dyūma-prasādita
subadrālolana-vyagra rāmānuja namo’stu te
bhaktavatsala vande tvāḿ guṇḍicā-ratha-maṇḍanam
nitya-nūtana māhātmya-darśin caitanya-vallabha
1) O Lord Jagannatha, O Lord of the universe, O crest jewel of the city of Jagannatha Puri, O Supreme Person whose form is spiritual although it appears to be made of wood, and whose complexion is like that of a dark rain-cloud, O Lord, please be merciful to me.
2) O Lord Jagannatha, Your lotus eyes have blossomed wide-open and You appear to be nectar washed up on the shore of the salt-water ocean. O monarch who enjoys multifarious royal pleasures and whose waist is decorated with pearls, O Lord, please protect me.
3) O Lord Jagannatha, You were pleased by the worship of King Indradyumna and You grant to the devotees the prasada (foodstuffs offered to You) which appears to be nectar coming from Your own lips. O younger brother of Lord Balarama, who earnestly takes care of Your sister Subhadra-devi, I offer respectful obeisances unto You.
4) O Lord Jagannatha, with the rathayatra journey to Gundica and other festivals, You increase the happiness of the devotees. O decoration of the rathayatra chariot, O Lord who is very kind and affectionate to Your devotees, I offer respectful obeisances unto You.
5) O Lord Jagannatha, Your mind is moistened with kindness to the poor, miserable, abandoned and destitute greatly fallen souls. O Lord, the sight of whom and the glorification of whose qualities is ever-fresh, O Lord who is very dear to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, I offer respectful obeisances unto You.