śrī kṛṣṇa jīyā mathurāvatīrṇa
1) O Krsna, Who descended in the province of Mathura, O Lord Who gives the great gift of pure love for Yourself, O Perfromer of extraordinary pastimes, O great Treasure-house of various kinds of sweetness, O Lord Who is full of transcendental opulences, great mercy and majesty. All glories unto You.
2) O Krsna, O Deliverer of the Pandavas and Protector of King Pariksit, everyone should hear talks in relation with You, just as King Pariksit who enquired about Your pastimes.
3) O Krsna, you are situated within and without everything and You appropriately grant happiness and distress to the devotees and the impious. King Pariksit, full of doubts, and very eager to hear, enquired about You and Your pastimes.
4) O Krsna, the nectar of the topics in relation to you were spoken by Sukadeva Gosvami, and those topics became the very life-breath of King Pariksit, who had abandoned all other food and drink. O Lord, when the entire earth was afflicted by a great horde of demonic kings, the earth became distressed and bitterly lamented.
5) O Krsna, hearing the lament of Mother Earth, Lord Brahma and the other demigods approached the ocean of milk. Staying there in meditation, Lord Brahma heard Your words of instruction which delighted the pious devotees on the earth planet.