Writing

Hare Krishna...

PAMHO

I am currently writing a novel and it's a fantasy. I tried to write on spirituality but since I know nothing about it, that idea failed so, I just wanted to ask that even though it isn't the best, is it fine if I write on  materialistic stuff since writing is a big thing for me but I know nothing avout spirituality to write on it. Although I do write poems on lord Krishna

thank you! 

Hare Krishna 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Yes, Offering of results is karma yoga.

Hare Krsna

• Ok MataJi... I have started reading books of srila Prabhupada instead of the books I read first but my mother has told me that once I get in 9th grade I can't read any outside book, only course books. I do write about lord krishna but it's just small articles or poems like this one-

The All-Attractive Krishna

OH lord Krishna
      Your beauty can be both seen and felt
      The thought of your velvet hair and butter arms
      Makes every heart melt

Oh dear lord
      Thinking about you overwhelmes my heart
      The beauty in this world
      is just a piece of your art

Your chest is like a palace of love
      For everyone of your devotee
      The charm of this world
      Is nothing in front of your beauty

Instead of absorbing it
      Your dark skin emits light
      Listening and reading about you
      Makes all my days bright

The sound of the venu played by you
      Fills the universe with the sweet mellow of love
      Everyone dances with joy
      Whether they're in hell or heavens above

You are the taste of water to a thirsty man
      And fragrance of flower to a bee
      You are the touch of mother to a child
      But oh lord you're everything to me

So, mata ji, is it okay if I write things like this for lord Krishna instead of writing books on him? I have a feeling that my mind would never let me understand anything about lord Krishna
      Hare Krishna
      • E-Counselor

Dear mataji,

Jai. Its such a beautiful poem. It shows your love for Krsna. You ahev poured your pure feelings for Krsna in these words. Loved it. Please continue.

Dandvat pranam to your service.

Haribol.

• Thank you so much mata ji! It's all your mercy Hare Krishna

• i see it was if you write 'whatever' fantasy lord of the rings etc. Depends how you use that money.

• Ok so, prabhuji if I give the money I get (if it get's published) to lord Krishna's service, is it okay?

Hare Krishna

• Yes. Whatever job you do you can offer to Krishna, I am security guard (it have nothing to do with Krishna right?, I dont agree with radha r comments concerning karma-yoga. 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Punkech Prabhu,

PAMHO.

You missed the point. I mentioned about using "TALENT" in the service of Krsna. SInging, writing, painting, fine arts, talking - these are talents. 

Being Accountant (me), Security Gaurd (you) is not talent. These are acquired skill sets to earn money and survive in the world. Still, we are expected to not spend the entire amount on ourselves. We are expected to give one portion to Krsna and His devotees/ services.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• this is what you said:  

Writing fantasy on material topics and offering a part of the results to Krsna is called Karma yog

So the beatles george harrison made material music and offered Bhaktivedanta Manor to Prabhupada. You saying this is karma-yoga.? I am sorry I dont agree with this.

• Ok thank you prabhu ji Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.