worshiping others...

Hare Krishna to all Vaishnava Prabhus and matajis

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

These days I see a trend of worshiping personalities like Shirdi Sai Baba is increasing. Previously when I was not in Krishna consciousness I also used to consider Sai Baba as an incarnation,but now I understand Who is God and Who should be worshiped i.e. Krishna. He and His incarnations ,as described in Vedic scriptures and by previous acharyas, should only be worshiped.

But I see people worshiping Sai baba, personalities like Nirmal Baba etc as God. Even my family members are engaged in such activities. I do not understand why such things are happening?

People do not understand that everyone must only surrender to Krishna, rather they think any demigod or effective personalities as God and follow them.They follow their own ways.Such things hurt me. I feel sad to see such pathetic condition of people especially my family members.

So my question is that should people worship non-devotee saints like Sai baba and others as God ? Should they be considered incarnations ?

Should people follow Personalities like Nirmal Baba ?

I do not understand these things.

your servant

Ashish Sharma

Haribol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Ashish Prabhu,

PAMHO. AGTSP. AGTSG&SG.

This is very common situation in almost every devotees home where they worship either a demigod or some one who calls himself/herself as god. I was hearing one lecture of HH Radhanath Swami Maharaj in which he was explaining similar point. He said that there are some supermarkets in US like walmart where every day some 10,000 people visit. That is because every thing is available at a cheaper price in shops like this. However, there are some shops selling diamonds and hardly any one would walk in there. Why because diamonds are not available cheaply. In the same way, pure devotional service is like a diamond, very precious and only a sincere seeker will approach such path. Where as, other paths are not teaching devotional service what to speak of pure DS! This is very cheaply available and every one want to have it. They say do all nonsense but just chant this mantra and worship me and you will become god!!! Srila Prabhupada would call them as dogs. No one can become God. However scriptures like Srimad Bhagavatam explains that a devotee of Lord by serving his spiritual master, Lord and his devotees sincerely attains the position greater than God to whom Lord is also bound to obey to. Just like how Nanda Maharaj and Yashodas love to lord bound him.

The best thing we can do is to preach to such like FOOLS who are looking for cheap things in this world about the glories of practicing pure devotional service. If Krishna desires they will accept it and follow it. In any case, we must understand that by telling them about this path, their spiritual life has been inaugurated. It may be either in this life itself or in the life after this, they will for sure come to the path of Bhakthi. When some one is not ready to accept the philosophy, give them some prasadam and walk away.

Hari bol!!!

• Hare Krsna PrabhuJi,

Last year i had the same curiosity as yours and during the end of October 2011 our Family decided to go to Shirdi to research about Shirdi Sai Baba. Sai Baba, very much was a Pure Devotee of Lord Krsna and Lord Ram and a Saintly person.At Shirdi, in his Museum which is very near to the Temple and outside the main Temple and is a separate section altogether, one can find beautiful Idols of Lord Krsna and Lord Rama,Maa Sita, Lord Lakshman and HanumanJi which he himself used to worship and had personally placed  in Shirdi for other people's understanding. Actually, what has happened at the moment is that the people over there are not following Shirdi Sai Baba's Teachings with Faith and have made their own mental and philosophical jugglery as a business.Nowhere, did ever  Shirdi Sai Baba proclaim himself as God. He always said that I'm a 'Servant of God or Lord Krsna'.

Thanking You,

Your's Faithfully,

Siddharta,

Kolkata.

• HK,

Pandavas, out of their 1000 years of life, struggled only for 36 years totally and enjoyed the material world for more than 750 years.

Whereas Kauravas enjoyed the first 36 years of their material life and spent the rest of their time in hellish planets.

•  saibaba is lord vishnu himself...just go through this link>>http://www.saibaba.ws/avatar/naadiinscriptions.htm

many devotees experienced the lord krishnas darshan on dreams and suddenly changing to saibaba.the devotees who had this, cleared their doubts and accepted sai as krishna.

jai sai ram...jai sri krishna

Naadi Inscriptions - Sri Sathya Sai Baba
    Naadi Inscriptions - Sri Sathya Sai Baba
    • HK Saran Pr,

This forum is non-different from associating with devotees for us.

What you are doing by posting the links about Saibaba in all the discussions is very very very wrong.

I think, you should learn the etiquettes of this forum. Please abstain from doing this. We know who is Sai Baba and we know his holy father also. This is not the way to preach your ideology. Think why he is coming back again and again in different names without being liberated ?

Please don't mind, stop this activity.

Hare Krsna.

• hare krishna
        if i had hurted anyone,plz forgive.
        i am a strong devotee of lord krishna.but my experiences (real) led to understand saibaba also.if anyone say bad abt krishna,how can we stay keeping quiet????
        when i happened to see the posts that belittling him in this forum,i was very sad.thats why i posted like tthat.
        i will no more post here..but... i with my whole heart touching ur feet and begging"plz dont judge anything without proper knowledge and experience"'(we can see there is no electricity in lines as we cant see it.but we can realize the power of currentby touching lines.this way just try to understand abt swami.then take decision.i am not saying all of u to become his devotees;but dont disrespect him.)
        hare krishna...sai ram...
        once again sorry...

• ji,

hare krishna.

lord says that whenever adharma succeeds,that time i will appear in human form and uplift dharma".we should accept that.sai baba and other right personalities are not different from krishna.in 11 th,canto of bhagvatha,navayogis says that,"janm and avatars of hari is infinite".

we must not judge any personality with simple hearing.we must experience them.

i als had this doubt.but now that cleared.

realising that sai baba is our krishna's form.u can also realize that.jai sri krishna..jai sai krishna.

http://krishna.in/
    See related links to what you are looking for.
  • Volunteer

even though Pandavas externally lived hard life but internally they were in bliss being depended on Krishna.

But Duryodhana did not have love for Krishna even though he had everything.

and plus, at the end he lost everything. But Pandavas still live in our hearts for eternity.

Devotees of Krishna never perish.  

• Volunteer

People think that to be Krishna Conscious means to suffer from hunger and from poverty...

;-(

Yudhishtra Maharaja was an Emperor, he had very beautiful wife, he had everything + just because he was a servant of Krishna.

Krishna Consciousness does not mean to stop doing something but on the contrary to live dynamic life. We earn huge amount of money, we build nice houses, we will drive cars, we will use airplanes, we will honor nice Prasadam, we will decorate this body....but with the consciousness of understanding that we are doing all these to Krishna's pleasure:

to preach the glories of His Holy Names.

People get sick because they do not get enough doze of love in life - which Devotees gather that from chanting the Holy Names. 

Your servant, 

• Volunteer
    sure! please listen the lectures of His Holiness Bhakti Vidya Purna Swami Maharaja:
    http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/index.php?q=f&f=%2F02_-_ISKC...

About Srila Haridas Thakur please find out His Holiness Srila Radhanatha Swami Maharaja or His Holiness Jaypataka Swami Maharaja about Goura Lila.
    Wonderful lectures :-)
This reply was deleted.