HareKrishna! ЁЯЩПЁЯЩП

┬а

Dandvat Pranam!

Please accept my humble obeisances!┬а┬а

Krishna says in the Bhagavad-Geeta that,┬аIt is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though faultily, than another's duties perfectly. I'm born in the sudra family, but I have a very deep interest in starting my own business and business-related things but I'm not sure If I'll be able to pull it off. Is it solely based on the qualities? Like Vaishyas have great perseverance, passion, and patience, and few other supportive qualities which make them great for business and while the Sudras are not too passionate/courageous to get through the deadly difficulties along the process?

Success in business does not come very easily, it requires a lot of perseverance but I see a lot of Sudras achieving success in businesses.┬а Did they try manipulating(maybe by repeated practice) their innate qualities for facing such hardships?

I am very much confused about whether to take up my dream and work on it or just continue in my day job. I'm seeking some superior advice based on the Vedic perspective.

┬а

Your servant,

Dheeraj

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

There Varna system was practiced in other yugas.. classification was based on gunas... Lord says in BG

4.13 BG

рдЪрд╛рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реНрдгреНрдпрдВ рдордпрд╛ рд╕реГрд╖реНрдЯрдВ рдЧреБрдгрдХрд░реНрдорд╡рд┐рднрд╛рдЧрд╢рдГ ред
    рддрд╕реНрдп рдХрд░реНрддрд╛рд░рдордкрд┐ рдорд╛рдВ рд╡рд┐рджреНрдзреНрдпрдХрд░реНрддрд╛рд░рдорд╡реНрдпрдпрдореН рее резрей рее

According to the three modes of material nature and the work associated with them, the four divisions of human society are created by Me. And although I am the creator of this system, you should know that I am yet the nondoer, being unchangeable.

Thus it is clear that the Varna system was created by Lord and it is based on not birth but the innate qualities and dominate modes of nature.

рд╢рдореЛ рджрдорд╕реНрддрдк: рд╢реМрдЪрдВ рдХреНрд╖рд╛рдиреНрддрд┐рд░рд╛рд░реНрдЬрд╡рдореЗрд╡ рдЪ ред
    рдЬреНрдЮрд╛рдирдВ рд╡рд┐рдЬреНрдЮрд╛рдирдорд╛рд╕реНрддрд┐рдХреНрдпрдВ рдмреНрд░рд╣реНрдордХрд░реНрдо рд╕реНрд╡рднрд╛рд╡рдЬрдореН рее рекреи рее ( BG 18.42)

Peacefulness, self-control, austerity, purity, tolerance, honesty, knowledge, wisdom and religiousness тАУ these are the natural qualities by which the br─Бhmaс╣Зas work.

рд╢реМрд░реНрдпрдВ рддреЗрдЬреЛ рдзреГрддрд┐рд░реНрджрд╛рдХреНрд╖реНрдпрдВ рдпреБрджреНрдзреЗ рдЪрд╛рдкреНрдпрдкрд▓рд╛рдпрдирдореН ред
    рджрд╛рдирдореАрд╢реНрд╡рд░рднрд╛рд╡рд╢реНрдЪ рдХреНрд╖рд╛рддреНрд░рдВ рдХрд░реНрдо рд╕реНрд╡рднрд╛рд╡рдЬрдореН рее рекрей рее

Heroism, power, determination, resourcefulness, courage in battle, generosity and leadership are the natural qualities of work for the kс╣гatriyas.

рдХреГрд╖рд┐рдЧреЛрд░рдХреНрд╖реНрдпрд╡рд╛рдгрд┐рдЬреНрдпрдВ рд╡реИрд╢реНрдпрдХрд░реНрдо рд╕реНрд╡рднрд╛рд╡рдЬрдореН ред
    рдкрд░рд┐рдЪрд░реНрдпрд╛рддреНрдордХрдВ рдХрд░реНрдо рд╢тАНреВрджреНрд░рд╕реНрдпрд╛рдкрд┐ рд╕реНрд╡рднрд╛рд╡рдЬрдореН рее рекрек рее

Farming, cow protection and business are the natural work for the vai┼Ыyas, and for the ┼Ы┼лdras there are labor and service to others.

Thus it is clear that Varna is not based on birth.┬а

Now a days there is hybrid marriages... no one is marrying in his own caste. The teaching duties are even taken by shudras these days. It is just the qualities If you develop then you can also become a pure brahamina. It is not like someone is born in a certain caste can do only that prescribed duty in Kaliyuga it is said that all are born shudras only.

There is so much adultery .. in the gene pool now there is no pure brahmina, pure kshetriya, pure vaishya or pure shudra are no longer there.

5000 yrs back maybe they were marrying within the same caste and the out of caste marriages were not allowed so there was gene pooling and the innate qualities were preserved and trasferred to the next generation.┬а

Now a days who is following all this. If a girl and boy falling in love they don't see caste, creed, sect and even nationality also. Just marrying so no one is pure now.┬а If suppose in a family like 7 generation from mother side and 7 generations from father side have been no pollution and gene pool is maintained with purity then there is this inbreeding and qualities preserved. Very rarely we are finding such people who are sticking to rules and regulations esp. in marriages.

Shudra as taking up teaching┬а also

I heard In TTD tirupati tirumala devasthanam Also.. they are training shudras for even given the status of equality with brahamins. Vedas and slokas are being taught and they are undergoing rigorous practise day and night and folllowing 4 regulative principles and become vaishnavas also.┬а Even In ISKCON also we find this. Vaishnavas and Brahamins are now no longer restricted by birth, nationality or caste or creed.... In olden days 5000 yrs back yes. they were practicing this norm of marrying among themselves and so the innate qualities wont be lost.

those who practice 4 regulative principles perfectly are true vaishnavas- in Shuddha satva.

rest all are having mixed proportions of all thrree gunas..

no one is pure satva.. no one is pure rajas .. no one is purely in tamas nature.

purely in tamas is eating 24/7 non veg and drinking and slothing...┬а

purely rajas means drink, enjoying partying..all the time

purely satva means reading vedas.. preaching teaching..

who is doing perfectly these...?

all are moving in circles.. In one person only satva rajas and tamas are manifesting at one time.

The person is humble and reading scriptures at times then enjoying partying at some other time with friends and family and.. then sometimes being lazy leaving all these and just sleeping.

The person who is having 70% satva guna+ 20% rajas + 10% tamas==> is becoming practising and aspiring devotee to make himself to come up to shudha Satva status.

the person who is having 20% Satva qaualities+ 70% Rajas +10 % tamasic nature ==> becoming successful in business┬а

the person who is having in him .. 10% satva +20 % rajasic + 70% tamasic=> will become a low grade labor class. ( he is not educated, he is lazy and robust .. eating sleeping is his main goals in life) he will earn money to feed his tummy full and sleeps well not concerned about his family welfare or welfare of community or welfare of country.

Shudras were falling in the third category previously.. But now this concept is not working. The shudra is also studying.. shudra is also becoming engineer, teacher, doctor businessman.

That means this proportions are changing.

40% Satva+40% rajasic+ 20% tamasic==> good businesman .. not successful businessman but good. normal human beings are all having this proportions most of them.

One can take up any job .. only if he has strong will power and desire to attain something in life lot of passion for it. I see you have lot of passion for doing business then you can try to become a successful businessman provided... you don't become greedy and lazy in between :-)┬а You know enthusiasam should continue...┬а

Vaishyas have ..passion, perseverance.. whatever you said is right but they also come under category of twice born. They do business with selfish interest no doubt they look for profits . .. well who doesn't ?? Right?? But they have some ethics and practices.., after a margin they just don't take it.. many donate to temples. They are good in bhakti also. Some vaishya they are pure vegetarians I have seen. Agarwals, bansals and some Shetty class. Ofcourse now a days they are not pure all are mixed up and consuming non veggie also.

The thing is when we consume non veg and drink our buddhi ( intellect) becomes dull and diminished to such a extent that we become too much greedy and selfish... with money and richness power sitting on heads on may even forget to bow before God also. So just beaware!!!

to earn and to get profits in business is good.. But all karmas should end and make you humble from inside for that donate some portion for welfare of society or oraganisations like ISKCON.

humbless is one qualities we all need to improve.┬а

If you are having a passion then pursue your dreams. Because dedication comes when you have interest and passion in any field, whatever it maybe.

All the best┬а┬а

Hare Krishna.

• Thanks a lot for a very detailed answer mataji! ЁЯЩПЁЯЩП
      True, modern times are giving less importance to caste,┬аcreed, and other religious matters. And this is leading to┬аout-of-caste marriages and all.

This answer provided many insights. It will be a lot helpful to refer back and forth.

HareKrishna ЁЯЩПЁЯЩП

This reply was deleted.