wife want Divorce

i am in ISKCON for past 10 years. my marriage was arranged 1.5 years back. due to various reasons there were few conflict between me and my wife. Now my wife and her family is demanding divorce and they are very urgent. They have sent us legal notice regarding this. I am not interested in taking divorce as I never thought of it.

I am unable to focus on spiritual part. I am much more devastated by this. kindly guide me.

if i does not want to take any divorce then how can i do this (even legally)

ys

Sachin

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Volunteer

now i know why she wants divorce :(

Oh Krishna let she be protected!!!!

• Hare Krishna Sachin prabhu,

Pamho,

AGtSP!

The matter has gone really far. Actually speaking you will be independent after divorce and can concentrate on

bhakti otherwise family is always bondage. Dont be desperate for her if she doesnt want you, let her go and you

concentrate on your bhakti as you did all these years and this is my opinion but it is always better to take advise of senior devotees but finally you should be knowing what is better for you. Krishna knows and planned something for you. take care ,bye.

Your servant

Aakash

• Hare Krishna,

i repeatedly requested and begged my wife to change her decision of divorce. I made all my attempts to save our marriage. I begged to different devotees to call my wife. She refused everybody. She even refused Senior devotee's request to talk / discussion. I wanted only few days of clear talk with her which would have changed this decision. She repeateadly refused that talk. If this talk was possible then i could have saved my marriage, but alas...  nothing worked. She did not moved from her decision.

Today she filed petition in court for divorce with false points which i did not done. When i got the news i called her why she done like that. then i requested her to stop these court procedures and come again and stay happily. I requested her to forget past and start with new enthusiasm by correcting mistakes from both sides. she refused repeateadly.  I am very unhappy that today indian wife are going for  divorce which is totally against our culture. they are marrying boys and within 1 or 2 years going for divorce asking for few lakhs. even my wife and her parents asked for 3.5 Lakh Rs. Her parents could have saved marriage but they did not tried sufficiently. Why they are asking for this much money. Is this way to earn money. Her father was not happy with this amount, he wanted more money. I am ashamed of their families behaviour.

If my wife wanted to leave me within 1.5 years (during which she stayted at her parent for 7-8 months) then why she married me ? In marriage we take 7 pradakshina / vows. 7th vow tells that we will stay together for whole life. I am very much shocked to see my wife shouting "She Want Divorce" at me repeatedly after 3 months of marriage. If she wanted divorce and was not capable of handling house with only her husband then she should not have married.  In my whole family and relatives no one had EVER taken divorce. Word divorce is unheard. my wifes family was threatning and forcing us to take divorce with small mafia. my wifes family is devotee. i respect them. but whatever they done was completely wrong. 

how two member who have taken sacred vow in front of Agni who is Vishu Himself, how that vow can be cancelled or removed by putting false claim and talking wrong thing in court. This is complete shock for me. 

Even now also i am not at all ready for this divorce. i cannot really understand what is divorce. i don't believe on  legal matters as all legal matter is complete cheating. Our advocates called us for "Councelling" but was complete cheating, within 1 minute both side advocate told that they should go for divorce without listening both sides properly. How they can take 2 persons whole life decision within 1 minute. Even though my side is having more profound points, from legal side my wife is  more powerful. Just few tears of girl can change whole decision even if boy is right.

Regards,

Sachin

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna dear sachin pr

please accept my humble obeisances...

Please be calm , do not panic... remember Krsna is there... I am not capable of giving advice about your marriage and the case but for sure i can tell u some thing that will help u. Please offer sincere prayers to Sri Sri Radha Madhava, Narisimha Dev and ask them to help u.. They will help u for sure.. Please write a mail to HG Sankarsan Das adhikari prji, he is an initiating spiritual master in ISKCON and a grihastha.. He will help u out for sure.. having attended so many classes by very senior devotees, I have heard such cases but solution has to be case specific. Better not to give a generalized solution.. Please do contact HG Sankarsan Das Adhikari prji.. He will help and will give a solution...

Take care of yourself dear pr.. Take care of your Bhakti.. Krsna is there.. Do not worry...

your sevant

rakesh roshan

• Hari Bol! I agree to the point Prabhu jee.

You will be surprised to know how many traditional Indian woman in west corrupt society by divorce. You will be equally surprised to hear how senior devotees in ISKCON (inlcuding an ISKCON counsellor), unofficially, support divorce without knowing the truth between husband and wife. Granted not everyone has vision to see the truth. But one thing is there when Srila Prabhupada formulated (or brought down the linage) of concept of righteous behavior in family and society, he never thought people will base it on ifs and buts. In my case, councellor was not taking any truth from me. It was one person speaking the truth versus one liar and two devotee counsellors on side of liar as she pretended to be a devotee. Either way, they should have seen it from a humane side, I feel.

Take my words, mark it if you can. More Indian woman will go for divorce if they can. All they want is that husband be KC, keep chanting, do all traditional stuff, be a traditional husband while they become free modern woman. Not sure if I understand that freedom or Srila Prabhupada understood it.

Given another human birth, if I have freedom to choose, I will choose a devotee girl from some other country. Indian girls are opportunist. They neither care for family value, nor kids - nothing.

Prabhujee, do not waste your time. If you have kids, ease their pain. If not, ease your pain and move along. people who have not endured pain can give you only theoritical advises.

Your servant,

Sharanagat

• Volunteer

please accept my humble obeisances!

There is no need to generalize saying that Indian women are like that and western are like this...

No need for this, isn't it?!

Because it says that previously suras and asuras used to take birth in separate planets. Later they started to take birth in same planet. Later in same continent, later in one country, later in one society, later in one family, and of course now in the same body if we go within the heart. Good dog and bad dog...

In the time of Hiranyakashipu demons used to live in hellish planets demigods in heavenly and human on earthly ones.

Later when they started to take birth in same country Kings used to arrange in such a way so that people do not disturb each other. For example meat eaters used to live in the forests, or even man eaters. Prostitutes used to stay in special places, ...but now both demon and deva can take birth in the same family. That brings chaos   in the society.

But even if a person is a demon if he or she takes the Holy Names seriously and by purifying heart understands her or his own nature that he is or she is a spirit soul and his her duty is to serve to God and go back to Godhead then all good qualities will be manifested.

No need to think that Indian woman is like this and western is like that. Do we say that we have western headache and indian stomach ache? No! It is foolish. 

Let's look to the qualities! And also know that if there is problem any problem in our life it means there is lack of Krishna Consciousness. It is the only answer.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances!

please do not say Indian wife or something like that Prabhuji.

sometimes it hurts too much when Indian people see western matajis different from Indian matajis :( it so happened they took birth in other countries but for what to consider all them as unchaste to their husbands and all???????

You told this as Indian because You believe that Indian wife is better than western. When we will at least open our eyes and see person's qualities rather than their birth?????
      This one hurts too much :(

Your servant

• Dear Devotees,

Kindly let us know what are long term and short term effect of divorce on  husband, wife , their children, their parents, society. why this culture is comming in India. How to avoid this problem. Is there any group in ISKCON which helps to  save marriages from divorce. Who are devotees who can train/ guide or help in saving  marriages. Can we make ISKCON divorce free Society.

Your Servant,

Sachin

• Volunteer

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 154. ON FAMILY LIFE AND FAMILY MEMBERS.‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 155. ON FAMILY LIFE AND FAMILY MEMBERS.‏

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 156. ON FAMILY LIFE AND FAMILY MEMBERS.‏

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 157. ON FAMILY LIFE AND FAMILY MEMBERS.‏

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 158. ON FAMILY LIFE AND FAMILY MEMBERS.‏

QUESTIONS ASKED TO SRILA PRABHUPADA. PART 159. ON FAMILY LIFE AND FAMILY MEMBERS.‏

This reply was deleted.