Why should I read Bhagwat Geeta?

Bhagwat Geeta provides you solution of following problems

1. How one can be freed from all anxieties and lamentations? BG 2.22

2. How to gain steady mind and transcendental intelligence by which one can attain peace? 2.66

3. Why one should honor  the food only after being offered to the lord? 3.31 

4. Is it possible for us to control our mind while being engaged in prescribed duties? 3.43

5. How to achieve perfection of life? 4.9

6. How to achieve dharma, artha, moksha, kama? 4.11

7. How to shelter of spiritual master? 4.34

8. Can the sinner cross the ocean of the miseries? 4.36

9. Why human being is entrapped in miseries?  5.22 

10. what is peace formula? 5.29

11. To whom the mind is friendly and to who it is inimical? 6.6

12. Is it possible to attain peace by controlling mind? 6.7

13. How to control our flickering mind? 6.35

14. What is complete knowlege? 7.2

15. How to achieve liberation?  7.7

16. what is secrete to overcome the maya? 7.14

17. How sins are classified? How to nullify them? 9.2

18. What should be our ultimate goal? 9.18

19. Can person reach at the planet of his choice? 9.25

20. Does lord accept food offered by us? 9.26

21. What is the means of happiness in this material world? 9.34

22. What is perfection of human life? 10.10

23. How to clear the dirt accumulated in our heart? 10.11

24. Who is supreme personality of godhead? 10.12-13

25. Why krishna reveals his universal form to Arjuna? 11.1

26. What is the essence of Bhagwat geeta, what are causes of our miseries? 11.55

27. How to conquer rajo and tamo guna?  14.26

28. Can we speak with lord, see and hear him? 15.7

29. What jiva takes with him when he leaves his body? 15.8

30. How to reach God? 18.66

I had great time reading it and I felt ecstatic when I distributed it to others

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• haribol :D

• Prabhupad in Lilamrit and in CC says..all we need to read is "Bhagwat Geeta, Srimad Bhagwat, Nectar of instruction and Chaitanya Charitamrit...no other book is required to preach

• Volunteer

Well written prabhu ji ,

But Bhagavad Gita is unfolded mystery that remains mystery until we surrender whole heartedly to Krsna !

• hari hari bol..

You are right prabhu..but valmiki chanted mara mara and thus he got the perfection later..

Mrigari the killer of animals with the association of Narada muni became a vaishnava..(Chaitanya charitamrit madhya lila)

A Pure devotee and the desire of a man to read BG can change things quickly

• Volunteer

True i agree with you prabhu ji ,

write something on Article 377 of LGBT community ,that can be accepted widely ,i posted my views on facebook ,i got abuses,infact many devotee friends got abuses !

• A Vaishnava is a person who thinks he is not this body...the article 377 talks about gay rights n all...

we are basically the souls who transmigrates from one body to another..so any person who after getting human body thinks that he is opposite of that body or male thinks he is female or viceversa is totally wrong concept...Truth is "Duralbhamam manusho deho..dehina kshana bhangura..if human body is kshan bhangur means can end at any time or have sudden death..where is the question of person thinking he is gay etc..basically to think im american, Indian or gay,lesbian is a disease..of mind..as per scriptures people have 3 types of miseries..adhibhavtika..adhidavik and adhyatmik...the body and mind is also responsible for miseries and to think we are somebody comes under that category..called Manasik and sharirik tap...

Ultimately to think we are somebody is completely illusion..coz mahaprabhu says" Jiver swarup hoy krishner nitya das" our position is we are servant of krsna and not male and female..what is child...? A soul in a small body..what is woman? a soul blessed with female body..which if is attached with male during the death will pass on to male body...

The purpose of life is self realization..and self realized person understand their true self and are completely detached..where as LGBT people are fighting for attachment with somebody...the question is can they live alone? no way..its the fight of and for attachment?

N devotees listens to prahlad maharaj who says" Hitavmpatam griham andha kupam..vanam gatomi yad harimashrayet...

This reply was deleted.