Replies

• do u know there is a shiva temple in jangannath temple in mayapur ............ i have one temple one more shiva temple in mayapur i think it iis in the path of ISHODYAN BUILDINGS....................
  • Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

Please accept my humble obeisance,

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Gurudev,

With whatever little understanding I have about Krishna conciouseness following is my opinion.

If you consider Lord Shiva or Lord Ganesha or Lord Bramha or other demigods to be pure vaishnavas, then that's good. Similarly Srila Prabhupada is also a pure vaishanav.

So if Lord Shiva or Lord Ganesha or Lord Bramha or any other demigod for that matter is your spiritual master and saviour, and if you are their disciple, and that if anyone of them has brought your goodself to Krishna Conciousness, then you MUST worship them with full heart and soul.

Similarly, if Srila Prabhupada has been your spiritual master and saviour, and that if he has raised your goodself to the platform of Krishna Conciousness, then you should worship Srila Prabhupada with full heart and soul.

Chastity is virtue that brings auspiciousness. Just as a women may respect many a men, but she only worships her duly wedded husband, similarly one should respect all the vaishnavas but worship only his spiritual master in complete chastity.

So far as Mayapur or any other temple of ISKCON is considered, almost everyone who comes there, feels his chastity towards Srila Prabhupada, and thus everyone worships HIM and ONLY HIM. That does not mean, the devotees disrespect any of the demigods.

Hope this explaination satisfies your pure heart.

Please forgive my offences.

just a servant,

shrutadev das

• In Nadia, following Islands have Shiva Temples. Please note:

1) There is one Island called Sri Rudradvipa

•  Here Gauranga appeared in a dream to Sankacharya when he was preaching effectively the mayavadi philosophy and blessed him.
    • It was here that Sankacharya realized the truth of Navadvipa.
    • The eleven Rudras reside here.
    • The Rudra-sampradaya was named here by Lord Siva as a boon to Visnusvami.

2) In an island called Madhyadvipa, Lord shiva (the topmost Vaishnava) performs the pastime of riding on the carrier of Brahma (Hamsa) to very quickly arrives to hear pastimes of Lord Caitanya. He is worshipped in this island as Hamsa Vahan Siva in his Deity.

3) At Antardvipa, at Yogapitha Two Siva-lingas - Gopisvara Siva who admits one to Lord’s service, and Ksetrapala-Siva who is the protector of the dhama. (walking distance from ISKCON Mayapur)

4) At Koladvipa, he resides under an old banyan tree at Paromotala. 

5) At Simantadvipa in Rajapur, he resides along with his consort Simantini devi.

6) At Godrumdvipa, at Harihar Ksetra he is worshipped as "Harihar" in dual deity form of Vishnu and Shiva.

• hare Krishna Prabhuji!,

But in Mayapur Dham Iskcon temple( where most people visit to see the Devotees, singing/dancing/kirtan in the evening) there is no Lord Shiva Murti (Deity).

1)So my question is, Is it a bad sign to place Lord Shiva Deity beside Krishna Deity?
      2) I am a KC being. Can I place Lord Shiva deity beside Krishna Deity? Is it a bad sign, or it's not needed when Krishna deity is there?

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji, PAMHO!

I hope this following thread of this website will help:

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/forum/topics/demigod-worship

Still, lets note that ISKCON stands for 'International Society for KRISHNA Consciousness' and not "Shiva"/ "Ganpati", "Brahma", "Durga" or any other demigods consciousness. If anyone wants to do demi-god's worship, they may do it (outside the name of ISKCON). [God knows with what purpose in mind people worship Devas!!! huh...] But to revive our ORIGINAL consciousness of "Sat-cid-ananda", one needs to practice ONLY Krishna consciousness. 

When we understand Krishna is Supreme (as mentioned in Bhagavad-gita), then we really DON'T NEED to worship any Demi-gods. And when Krishna is assuring of His protection despite of troubles by demi-gods, then we should not fear and have full faith that 'Krishna is Supreme Lord of all Lords'. WHY, then, do we need to have Shiva/ Brahma Deities when we have their Master worshiped at a Temple. 

Sometimes, I repeat- sometimes, we find Krishna devotees "worshiping" Lord Shiva but they do it keeping in mind his position as "top most Vaishnav in this material world". Only Vaishnava's mercy help us in attaining the grace of Krishna. So these Krishna devotees MAY sometimes go there to seek for Lord Shiva's blessings for advancement in Krsna consciousness. Thats all. Not for any material boon. 

Recently I heard, "Shiva is the Topmost devotee in this MATERIAL world, while Gopis/ manjaris are the Topmost devotees in SPIRITUAL world."

Moreover, still, Lord Shiva is worshiped as "Ksetra pal" in EVERY Holy Dham BECAUSE IT IS THE SERVICE (SEVA) GIVEN BY KRISHNA! You go to any holy place, you will always find Lord Shiva's famous "Shivalingam" temple, why because Krishna entrusted this duty (or Seva) of protecting the holy place to him. We really don't need to install Deities of demig-gods everywhere or anywhere. When Krishna is there, He will handle things better way. "Rakhe Krishna Maare Ko, Maare Krishna Rakhe Ko." Bcoz he asked Shiva to look after the Dhams, we already have his temples at every holy place. 

Hope above is in order and meets you in good health.

This reply was deleted.