Why Musoor Dal should not be eaten in KC?

Hare Krishna!Why Musoor Dal should not be eaten in KC?I have read many discussions on this topic here in this website but didn't find the to-the-point answer for this. Moreever, I do not find any difference in a day when I eat it and when I dont eat it. Honestly speaking, It doesn't disturb my mind, and it does not distract my mind from Krishna either at all.Did Prabhupada say anything about this whether it should/ should not be eaten? If He told, then there must be some reason behind this. what is that?Hare Krishna!Your servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna devotee.   Both brown and red lentil (masoor dahl)  are used in cooking in international vegetarian dishes.   See Kurma.s cook book.

In ISKCON we offer all kinds of international styles of food which strict traditionalist Hindhus do not use.

Such dishes like vege burgers.   Pizza,   tacos,    Lasagna and spaghetti to name a few.

Red lentils are not so high in protein so it is not some non veg idea.

Some lower classes of Hindhus have always eaten this red lentil.  Often with fish and it smells like fish when the lentil is soaked and then fried like wada.

• i think in all these pizza and tacos and lasgana and sphaghettiti if thery is onion and garlic then we should npot eat. and if they is egg in the dough then definetely avoid it.

• So masoor dahl is not a problematic dish for KC Vaishnavas????

This reply was deleted.