Why do I have such opposite feelings?

Hare Krsna Prabhuji / Mataji,

PAMHO.

I want Lord to be of everybody but at the same time I want him to be only mine. But why do I feel this? I don't understand this. Can I call him to be mine? (I get so much pleasure on calling him to be mine)

Thank you,

Hare Krsna.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji!

I don't even need to answer considering how nicely Gayatri mata ji has explained but I just wanted to say that while serving your deities, consider them to only be yours. say, while making food for them, if you feel lazy one day and don't want to make the food, you may think "he get enough food from other devotees as well and after all he's god! my single offering won't change anything"

but if you consider him to be yours then you'll think "if I don't give him food, who will? he'll stay hungry!" this is not true... god is atmaram and he doesn't need our offerings but this way we'll do our service with even more love and and attachment and krishna and radha rani love that!

Hare Krishna!

• Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Thank you mataji for this. It will surely help me in future when I would have my deities. I would be able to serve my deities better.

Hare Krsna 

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

One cannot bind Lord in ropes of love. Yashoda maiyya tried to bind Him to herself not let Him go out of house, so did Radha ji., She also tried to tie Lord with creepers and said You are mine, You cannot go anywhere else.

But Love means to give freedom.  You cannot trap the sky in a peice of cloth. So also Krishna love is infinite and boundless. one cannot try to trap him and say Hey you are mine and don't belong to anyone else.

Satyabhama did the same mistake. She claimed Lord and said you cannot go to other queens. She was very very possessive. 

These jealousy, pocessiveness are some vikaras which araise when you start your journey in bhakti.  One will slowly overcome them by mercy of Kishori ji. Don't worry. Just keep chanting.

We are having many many vikaras in our system. One after another they keep coming out when we do chanting., dont stop chanting just go on. you will get over this phase.

Satyabhama was taught a lesson for being too much possessive of Lord. 

Love means being selfless and letting the other to go wherever He may want to whom ever He wishes to go to. But still knowing that Lord is always with you and He is yours.

Queen Rukmani ji displayed this selflessness she never cried or lamanted that Lord was not with her all the time. She only felt happy for Lord Sri Krishna.  She was just happy to see Lord Happy.  For her what mattered was Lord's happiness most, she didn't even feel bad if Lord wasn't there with her. She perfectly knew that Krishna is always present with everyone as " Parmatma" 

Gopi's felt insecure when they came to know that Lord took Radharani away to a secluded place and left them all alone. Till now they had this feeling that Lord is belonging to everyone. But then, the felt Lord Krishna is somewhat partial to Radharani.  As soon as this feeling came in Lord dissappeared from the place. To show that He is with all and HIs love is equal to all and He is not partial. He expanded himself to many forms of Krishna and was dancing with each gopi. 

You also have Lord Krishna within ur heart as parmatma. I also have everyone has His own Krishna. There is no need to feel He is belonging to only me.  One who can manifest for all 16,100 queens at a time and get married to them at the same time. One who has manifested for all the 10,000 plus gopis. Can you even feel he is just mine only.  

Yeah that feeling comes to us it is check point that is where we need to check that negative emotion and correct it. It is one of the tests in love.

Love is devoid of all all these vikaras like jealousy, selfishness, posessiveness.

You see a material lover if the girl doesn't love him back he puts acid on her face so that if she doesn't belong to me then she shouldn't belong to anyone else.

This is a material vikara. Jealousy and Posessiveness.

Yes we need to feel that Krishna is mine. You have deity at home or photo of Lord that is your Lord. I have a deity at my home that is my Krishna. Someone else has another deity they have attachment for that deity that deity belongs to them. But doesn't mean that Supreme Lord belongs to you and you only.

Sharing is caring. We are all parts and parcel of Lord.

Let us see like this. 

One child was joining the peices of jumbled puzzle it was a picture of the nature, in it were trees, animals, insects, birds, flies, humans, and waterfalls, mountains sea everything whatever you find in an complete ecosystem. When he finished he just flipped it over to see was it stable. he was surprised to see that behind the picture of nature was.--

✓[Updated] lord Krishna Jigsaw Puzzle for PC / Mac / Windows 7,8,10 - Free  Mod Download (2021)

So What I want to say is all are parts and parcel of Lord and all of us belong to Him. You have a deity at home that is your you can say the deity is  my own., and you have a parmatma in your heart He  is exclusively belonging to you and you alone same with me and everybody.

Hare Krishna

• Hare Krsna, 

Thank you mataji, you helped me realize this negative emotion. I will try my best to overcome this.

Hare Krsna.

• In Jaiva-dharma of Bhaktivida thakura, there are many questions asked about how to attain bhakti (1st contact) it says you have to think krishna IS MINE or you think My Krishna.

• Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Prabhuji, you are right. It is correct to think that Krishna is mine but it is incorrect to think to be only mine. And somehow I was thinking him to be only mine. But Krishna in form of Parmatma was making me realize that I was wrong, but my mind was in opposite way and hence as I was unable to figure out that what is correct, I asked here and now I have understood (through Gayatri Mataji). And here I even realized that we require devotees in differentiating the voice of Parmatma and the mind.

Hare Krsna.

This reply was deleted.