Why Do God Have Navel..

Hare KrishnaPAMHORecently one of my friend asked me if God Has no birth then why He is having Navel..?? Because the navel is connected with the birth... And why do krishna needs navel.. He was supporting Nirakarwad.. Can anyone please help me out..Yours in the service of Lord KrishnaUmesh

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Experreinchal knowledge is way Krishna appears as a living imbodyed being, as the materealy conditioned mind "requires" a physically-tangible form in order to focus it's attentions upon. Therefore, it is for our sake that he appears Once in every kali Uga in His Supermost exalent physical form. Basically, to become physical for the sake of the/our physical affliction of mental limitation. He became Physical & that's how physical bodies are grown!
    What kind of question is that? Krishna said to Arjuna that He even as a physical being He could still remember all the many many lives both He & Arjuna had lived. So. . just because He takes the truble to assume a physical form that, that doesn't mean He suffers materal/ physical limitations as we do! He remans externally-all-knowing, and always extaticaly devinly situated. & provided for us mortals someOne i.e.
    a person place and thing to focus our mind's attention upon. This seems so self explanatory to me. Jaya jaya Sri Sri Jagannatha
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

If God Has no birth then why He is having Navel

Who said god has no birth ? God has birth, but god doesn't have birth like conditioned souls have. Conditioned souls are forced to take birth by material nature, whereas Krsna chooses to appear from where ever he wishes, could be from a pillar, could be from nose of Brahma, could from womb of Kausalya. 

Lord Sri Krsna Himself says about his appearance in BG (4.9)

janma karma ca me divyam

Krsna's appearance and activities are transcendental for devotees and bewildering for non-devotees

why do krishna needs navel ?

Krsna doesn't need navel, Krsna doesn't need anything, not even eyes, nose etc. But Krsna has these because these are aspects of His complete personality. 

aṅgāni yasya sakalendriya-vṛtti-manti
    paśyanti pānti kalayanti ciraṁ jaganti
    ānanda-cinmaya-sad-ujjvala-vigrahasya
    govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi

I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, whose transcendental form is full of bliss, truth, substantiality and is thus full of the most dazzling splendor. Each of the limbs of that transcendental figure possesses in Himself, the full-fledged functions of all the organs, and eternally sees, maintains and manifests the infinite universes, both spiritual and mundane. ( Brahma samhita 5.32)

For a conditioned soul eyes are needed to see. But Sri Krsna can eat with eyes, see with his ears. Every limb of Krsna can perform any or all functions. But that doesn't mean when mother Yashoda gives him food Krsna puts food in his nose. Krsna puts food in his mouth only. Krsna doesn't need anything, yet he possesses everything. 

A conditioned mind contaminated with impersonalism can never grasp this. 

Hare Krsna

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Please ask your friend - why not? WHy GOd cant have navel? How does that limit His status as God. The difference between Krsna and us is - angani yasya sakalendriya vrittimanti - each anga of Krsna can do the function of every other anga. That means He can see with His ears, impregnate with His glance. Normal person will have navel from which umbilical chord was coming, to connect to mother. Krsna has navel to connect to Brahma for creation.

Why do we limit God? He cannot have this or that, He cannot do this or that...then He is not God na, then we are God.

This is in addition to what Bhanu prabhuji has mentioned.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.