Hare Krishna

Please accept my humble obeisances

All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga

One of my god brother wanted to know, Why did lord chose black colour as his body complexion? or What is the significance of shyama varnam?. I do not have solid answer to say, please someone help me.

your servant

rameswar kanai das

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AGTSP, 

Plz go through the following link for the appropriate ans.

http://www.thespiritualscientist.com/2012/01/why-is-krishna-blue/

Why is Krishna blue?
    From Panca pandava Prabhu: Why god is blue, as there is many colors if we see, we are generally attract to like humans white body or black beauty? To…
    • Hare Krishna

Please accept my most humble pranams

Thank you very much for all wonderful answers.

your servant

rameswar kanai das

• Yes PR ji, this is the right answer.........

Pl find below answer of one of the ISKCON spiritual master for this in one line:

"BECAUSE HE LIKES IT THE BEST"

Hari Bol !

YS

Harish

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear devotees!!! Its not black but blue. Sri Lilasukh had the privilege of having the darshan of Sri Krishna and in Krishna Karnamrita, he describes Krishna as having bodily splendour of that of a fully blossomed blue lotus. Its sapphire blue. In Natyashastra, Bharatmuni says, the blue colour is associated with eros. Thus Krishna, is transcendental eros personified. The blue colour means Krishna is Transcendental Cupid, Madana-mohana. 

• Hare Krsna!  All glories to Srila Prabhupad!

I have heard two different stories.  Briefly , When Lord Krsna's father Vasudev was crossing with Bal Krsna across the holy ganges river.  Gange was so filled with happiness She reached up and touched Krsna's lotus feet and Krsna was turned blue-black.

The other story is that his colour is because of Sri Krsna being an incarnation of Lord Vishnu who lives in the sea and his colour is blue-black and thus so is Lord Krsna...

On a personal note having studied anthropology  most scientist admit that the beginnings of the human race began in Africa.  So I like to think Lord Krsna was returning to the original colour of the human race.   Also blue has always been associated with royalty  so perhaps thats another reason.

Blessings to all!

• Volunteer

black color takes everything to itself.

but white gives everything away.

Krishna is the Lord who takes all the service from everyone. And Lord Balarama the Lord who gives all service to Him.

i heard it in the lecture.

Krishna is black because He is the only one who takes all the results of yagyas....

Your servant, 

• Haribol, 

"Blue signifies Infinity- the infinite sky" and lord Krishna is so - Infinite

• Sevak

Hare Krishna. PAMHO. AGTSP.

Prabhu Ji this is a Mayavadi concept. Please don't read Mayavadi blogs. Impersonalists say that because they think God to be formless Brahman. They say the color blues symbolizes immeasurable and all pervading reality – formless Brahman and so Krishna chose that color to represent God. But NO that is not true. Krishna can manifest any color according to His own choosing. The infinite impersonal Brahman is subordinate to Krishna. God has a form although He is all-pervading.

Your Servant.

Hari bol! 

• hare krishna

dandavat pranams

all glories to srila prabhupad

thank you very much for the clarification

your servant

rameswar kanai das

This reply was deleted.