Why create nine lakes from the blood of sinners?

1. Why powerful shakta-avesa avatars Parasurama and Kalki played the role of brahmanas to destroy the sinners do not use curse or Sidhi, and descend to the lower level and act as a kṣatriya? Is it not possible, say, to perform yajña according to the Kshatriyas came into the fire like a snake? What is this lesson for us and where is the principle of "diversity-mother of pleasure" if the contemporaries of Parashurama-Rama, Balarama and Krishna also fought?

2. The text is not clearly established whether Parasurama river and lake mysteriously or it is an allegory. But any way why the blood of sinners is a purely human standpoint, it seems superfluous?

3. How to fill the lowland with blood, so that the bodies do not rise above its surface? After all, the volume of the body more blood poured out and in warm climates it will quickly collapse and evaporate. And if it was necessary for intimidation, why were Kshatriyas destroyed 21 times all over the Earth?

4. What is the difference with large-scale battles of other incarnations of the Lord, when it was not necessary to create pools of blood of asuras and (or) rakshasas?

5. Why nine lakes were in one place in India, although Parashurama exterminated Kshatriyas all over the earth? He marched across the planet or themselves Kshatriyas came to him to fight?

With the blood of the bodies of these sons, Lord Paraśurāma created a ghastly river, which brought great fear to the kings who had no respect for brahminical culture. Because the kṣatriyas, the men of power in government, were performing sinful activities, Lord Paraśurāma, on the plea of retaliating for the murder of his father, rid all the kṣatriyas from the face of the earth twenty-one times. Indeed, in the place known as Samanta-pañcaka he created nine lakes filled with their blood.

Paraśurāma is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and his eternal mission is paritrāṇāya sādhūnāṁ vināśāya ca duṣkṛtām (BG 4.8) — to protect the devotees and annihilate the miscreants. To kill all the sinful men is one among the tasks of the incarnation of Godhead. Lord Paraśurāma killed all the kṣatriyas twenty-one times consecutively because they were disobedient to the brahminical culture. That the kṣatriyas had killed his father was only a plea; the real fact is that because the kṣatriyas, the ruling class, had become polluted, their position was inauspicious.

Brahminical culture is enjoined in the śāstra, especially in Bhagavad-gītā (cātur-varṇyaṁ mayā sṛṣṭaṁ guṇa-karma-vibhāgaśaḥ (BG 4.13)). According to the laws of nature, whether at the time of Paraśurāma or at the present, if the government becomes irresponsible and sinful, not caring for brahminical culture, there will certainly be an incarnation of God like Paraśurāma to create a devastation by fire, famine, pestilence or some other calamity.

Whenever the government disrespects the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead and fails to protect the institution of varṇāśrama-dharma, it will certainly have to face such catastrophes as formerly brought about by Lord Paraśurāma.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear devotees, have any of you been to Samantha-panchaka? Looks like the lakes are gone by now? 

Tirthas of Kurukshetra district 

1. Arunai tirtha, Arunai 2. Prachi tirtha, Pehowa 3. Saraswati tirtha, Pehowa 4. Brahmayoni tirtha, Pehowa 5. Prithudak tirtha, Pehowa 6. Shalihotra tirtha, Sarsa 7. Bhisma Kund, Narkatari 8. Ban Ganga, Dyalpur 9. Kulotaran Tirtha, Kirmich 10. Brahma Sarovar, Kurukshetra 11. Sannihit Sarovar, Kurukshetra 12. Bhadrakali Temple, Kurukshetra 13. Aditi Tirtha and Abhimanyu ka Tila, Amin 14. Site of Gitaupadesha, Jyotisar 15. Som Tirtha, Sainsa 16. Shukra Tirtha, Sataura 17. Galav Tirtha, Guldehra 18. Saptasarsvta Tirtha, Mangna 19. Brhma Tirtha (Brahma Sthan), Thana 20. Som Tirtha, Gumthalagadu 21. Manipurak Tirtha, Murtjapur 22. Bhurishrava Tirtha, Bhor saidana 23. Lomash Tirtha, Lohar Majra 24. Kamyak Tirtha, Kamauda 25. Aapga Tirtha, Mirjapur 26. Karan ka Tila, Mirjapur 27. Nabhikamal, Thanesar 28. Rantuk Yaksha, Bid Pipli 29. Sthaneshwar Mahadev Temple 30. Ojas Titha, Samsipur 31. Renuka Tirtha, Ranacha   

Also unclear was filled with nine lakes, five or one?  According to Sukadeva Gosvami there were nine lakes, and Srila Prabhupada in the book Krishna - the Supreme Personality of Godhead and Srila Vyasadeva in the Adi-Parva Mahabharata spoke of five lakes:    

SB 9.16.18-19  
    SYNONYMS 
    tat-raktena—by the blood of the sons of Kārtavīryārjuna; nadīm—a river; ghorām—fierce; abrahmaṇya-bhaya-āvahām—causing fear to the kings who had no respect for brahminical culture; hetum—cause; kṛtvā—accepting; pitṛ-vadham—the killing of his father; kṣatre—when the whole royal class; amaṅgala-kāriṇi—was acting very inauspiciously; triḥ-sapta-kṛtvaḥ—twenty-one times; pṛthivīm—the entire world; kṛtvā—making; niḥkṣatriyām—without a kṣatriya dynasty; prabhuḥ—the Supreme Lord, Paraśurāma; samanta-pañcake—at the place known as Samanta-pañcaka; cakre—he made; śoṇita-udān—filled with blood instead of water; hradān—lakes; nava—nine.    

TRANSLATION

With the blood of the bodies of these sons, Lord Paraśurāma created a ghastly river, which brought great fear to the kings who had no respect for brahminical culture. Because the kṣatriyas, the men of power in government, were performing sinful activities, Lord Paraśurāma, on the plea of retaliating for the murder of his father, rid all the kṣatriyas from the face of the earth twenty-one times. Indeed, in the place known as Samanta-pañcaka he created nine lakes filled with their blood.    

KṚṢṆA, The Supreme Personality of Godhead, 82:  Lord Kṛṣṇa and Balarāma Meet the Inhabitants of Vṛndāvana

The Samanta-pañcaka pilgrimage site is celebrated because Lord Paraśurāma performed great sacrifices there after killing all the kṣatriyas in the world twenty-one times. When Lord Paraśurāma killed all the kṣatriyas, their accumulated blood flowed like a stream. Lord Paraśurāma dug five big lakes at Samanta-pañcaka and filled them with this blood. Lord Paraśurāma is viṣṇu-tattva.

• Not necessary right ...? Maybe blood from 2 or 3 killings was enough to make 1 big lake ...
  • Another question about the proportion of 21 to 9. Kshatriya were killed 21 times, and lakes 9. Logically would was 21 to 21 or 9 to 9

• whatever the Lord or His bona fide representative does in auspicious and purifying, even if it is a materially abominable activity like creating lakes of blood 

reg. why, i don't have clear idea, maybe it was to create fear so other people won't be sinful ..?

1. Why powerful shakta-avesa avatars Parasurama and Kalki played the role of brahmanas to destroy the sinners do not use curse or Sidhi, and descend to the lower level and act as a kṣatriya? Is it not possible, say, to perform yajña according to the Kshatriyas came into the fire like a snake? What is this lesson for us and where is the principle of "diversity-mother of pleasure" if the contemporaries of Parashurama-Rama, Balarama and Krishna also fought?

i don;t really know , maybe he didn't have time to perform yagya because sinfuls needed to be destroyed urgently, maybe it was to show others that *don't think brahmanas are weak & puny* ... at that time fighting was only way to reduce sinful population, so they all fought (balram, Krishna, Parashuram)

3. i don't really know ... long time ago whole world was one landmass, so he could collect all blood by flowing in one place, might have been winter so blood didnt evaporate 

kshatriyas may be destroyed thousands of times, not only 21, if they are sinful and not improving  

• 3. i don't really know ... long time ago whole world was one landmass, so he could collect all blood by flowing in one place, might have been winter so blood didnt evaporate

If he was on the planet, it is logical to expect that large lakes such as Baikal, Titicaca lake, the Aral sea and the other was filled with blood. That is where won there and created the lake. And the climate in the Dvapara and Treta Yuga is much better than ours and winter is not there or it doesn't reach the ice and snow

• long long ago the landmass was much different with different high & low areas .. the lakes you mentioned may not be there that time , due to shifting of tectonic plates landmass changes with time . The nine lakes were created at Samanta-pancaka , which is now near Kurukshetra in India ( Lord Krishna met Vrindavan vasis at this place, Ref Krishna Book, Chap. 82) 

Pls see this link reg. evaporation of blood : 

https://www.quora.com/What-will-happen-if-I-keep-a-bucket-of-human-...

after killings maybe there was so much blood it flowed as a river. so huge quantity so flowing very fast, before evaporating, also some times it was raining so evaporation was reduced 

but yes blood will evaporate so the lakes created were probably dried up quickly and decomposed .... but it was enough to scare the sinful 

by the time Lord Krishna came there to meet Vrindavan-vasis, the lakes were now filled with water, and all Krishna's family members took bath in it (Ref KB Chap 82) 

as you are really curious, i suggest become Krishna concious, "one who knows krishna comes to know everything"  you cannot understand the mysteries by simple studying : 

Bg 11.53 — The form you are seeing with your transcendental eyes cannot be understood simply by studying the Vedas, nor by undergoing serious penances, nor by charity, nor by worship. It is not by these means that one can see Me as I am.

but only unalloyed devotion 

Bg 11.54 — My dear Arjuna, only by undivided devotional service can I be understood as I am, standing before you, and can thus be seen directly. Only in this way can you enter into the mysteries of My understanding.

please give your further comments if any , thank you very much 

your insignificant servant, 

vj

What will happen if I keep a bucket of human blood in the open sunlight for a week or so? Will all…
This reply was deleted.