Please accept my humble obeisances.All glories to Srila Prabhupada.All glories to Sri Sri Nitai Gauracandra.Hare KrishnaI noticed that I am very attracted to hearing the pastimes of Sri Krishna but yet I don't feel the same enthusiasm with my chanting.Sometimes I have a great taste for chanting and sometimes not so much. Even though I am trying to avoid the ten offenses still I don't feel the taste increasing.It can't be a problem with the process.What's wrong with me?Your most sinful,Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna

Dandavat pranam to all the Vaisnavas and Vaisnavis.

Thank You to all who have given me this encouragement to chant more sincerely.
    All who have given me this encouragement are my siksa Gurus and I am really indebted to You all.

Your sevak
    Bhakta David
    • Hare Krishna Prabhu ji..

dandwat pranaam..

please read sri sikshashtakam (teachings of Lord chaitnya)

http://www.harekrsna.de/Siksastaka/Siksastakam-E.htm

hope u will get a perfect answer from Srila prabhupada..

and Thanx a lot asking this question.. devotees like u make us remind we chant for pleasure of krishna not for ours...

definitely it proves one more devoted to Krishna if one chant 16 rounds without taste

hari bol prabhu ji

Hare krishna hare krishna

krishna krishna hare hare

hare ram hare ram

ram ram hare hare.

a fallen conditioned soul..

Sri Siksastakam - Eight Instructions of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
  • Prabhu,

Really Appreciate your sincerity. This sincerity is a great qualification for chanting sincerely. You just need to be patient with yourself and give yourself some time. Do not rush and try to go fast. All of us have spent many incarnations in Maya. So your experience is not new. Be patient and chant your rounds and with every bead pour your heart out to the Lord confessing your shortcomings. Such japa is said to be very powerful and moves the heart of the Lord. You will see that miracles will begin to happen. This is because your faith in the Lord will be absolute as you start this process. Trust my Words.

Kindly Promote this website started to Spread the Teachings of our ...

• Volunteer

Crying as like a child cries for Mother.

Sri Naam Prabhu - Krishna is naughty Boy. He is not cheap. He won't give His association easily to everyone and anyone.
    One should work hard to please Him.
    And that hard work is cry.
    That hard work is serving to sincere Devotees, pleasing them and getting their blessings for better crying.

Again crying!
    "Oh Krishna, oh Mother Radha, i am unable to chant Your Holy Names!
    I am so weak!
    Oh my dear Lord, please help!
    Please, help!
    To whom I will go if not to You!
    Everyone in this world will leave me today or tomorrow, so to whom I will go for protection?
    I do not have anyone dear to me other than You my Lord!
    So please do not neglect me!
    Please help me! Help me to utter Your Names sincerely, with my heart and soul, with tears of love!"
    Your servant,

• Hare Krishna David Prabhu .

Please accept my humble obeisances .

I this will surely help you -

Vaiyasaki Prabhu Lectures - http://audio.iskcondesiretree.info/03_-_ISKCON_Prabhujis/ISKCON_Pra...

Thank you very much . Hare Krishna .
  • Hare krsna.Same problem with me..I listen to lectures and krsna kathas daily..I do read books but i find hard to chant ..i chant within

• Hare Krishna..

I feel hearing the pastimes of the Lord or reading about Him will make you more attracted towards singing His praises and even chanting His names. So first listen to all His pasttimes and get to know about His glories. Then automatically you would start singing His kirtans.

Regards,

Subash

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Your query shows the sincerity with which you are approaching the process.

The best of us have these ups and downs while chanting. The idea is to chant regardless. Even if the taste is not coming, one should just chant the committed rounds.

Frequently, I have seen that I chant best when I am in trouble, so I have started to pray for trouble so taht I can chant sincerely with all my heart.

Maybe you need more association to chant better, maybe you need to get up early morning and chant in mangal muhurta.

By all means, listen to hari katha if that attracts you. SOme of the lectures also speak about chanting and the importance and art of it. Maybe you could access those lectures and get some inspiration.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.