HARE KRISHNA,

hare krishna to all my dear devotees. m sorry if i hurt any of my devotee sentiments.

who is maya ? is material world maya ? who is controlling it?

there are 8.4 million species of life and some are very happy. they are floating in water, live in mountains, live on trees n so on.  one big species ( animal or something else) eat small species n live happily. no more tension n stress, small species also happy bcos somehow it knows m food of my big fellow freind who will consume me one day .

so this material world is dukhayalam but only for human beings ?? not for other species of life ???

material world also consist of beautiful nature like mountains, rivers, big dams, seas,

BHAGWAD GEETA says lord krishna glanced over the material nature then whole cosmic manifisation was created.so it mean he created maya ( ILLUSION )??

How beautiful lakes, mountains, rivers, forests can be called ilusion ????

krishna asked brahma to create material world or maya ??

who is durga devi ? is she controlling material world ??? but in krishna book its written brahma created material world , vishnu maintains it n lord shive annihilates it ? so where does concept of maya n role of  durga devi fits in ?? please explain?

please clarify above points.  all glories to srila prabhupada.

HARE KRISHNA

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krishna,

All glories to srila prabhupada.

All glories to sri guru and gauranga

By prabhupda's mercy i'm trying to explain something.

After 1 lecture somebody said material world is illusion,then prabhupada got angry.

Prabhupada: Material world is not illusion.it is temporary.But it is so beautiful. Krishnaa's creation is always beautiful.If you show some picture which you drawn and if i say it is illusion.How do you feel?.So this is krishna's creation.it is not illusion.

Who is maya : daivi hy esa guna-mayi 
    mama maya duratyaya 
    mam eva ye prapadyante 
    mayam etam taranti te

This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.

So krishna is saying here it is his divine energy and she works under him.

Just like when somebody planning to build a big city they will also paln for a Jail.Because they know that there will be some people who will create some disturbance to the city.Similar way Maya is like jail for those who rebelled against the will of the lord.So,Maya(Durga Devi - presiding deity) is like jailer.She will test the fallen souls and will see how sincere we are in serving krishna. When we completely become krishna conscious she cant touch us anymore.

Even stool eating pigs also think that he is very happy and he is enjoying with his pig family.this is called illusion.

But we know that eating stool is not enjoyment.So,the 8.4 Million species are completly in illusion thinking they can enjoy with their senses,but they end up with frustration down from an ant and upto bramha.

This material world is dukhalayam for every species since the source of dukha is Birth,death,oldage and desease.

One who is free from this 4 things will be happy.so,in vaikuntha (where there is no anxiety) there will be no birth,death,oldage n deseage.

Janmadi yasya yatah

Krishna is the source of everything.so he is the source of maya (external energy of krishna).But it is temporary.where his spiritual energy (vaikuntha) is eternal.

Branha did secondary creation,which is the creation of 14 planetary systems in this Bramhanda.there are innumerable bramhandas in this material creation.

Durga devi is External energy of Krishna.Durga means Fort (so she is like a jailer,who puniches the miscreants to make them good souls)

Chayava yasya buvanani bibarthi Durga

She is just shadow of the spirutual world.it just perverted reflection of spiritual world.What ever we see in this world the reality exists in Vaikuntha not in kuntha(place of anxiety).

Everything is there in srila prabhupada's books and Bagavat gita as it is.Please read themand chant hare krishan and also associate with devotees.Everything will be revealed in due course of time.

Hare krishna.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I will make an attempt to answer your question.

Material nature is the energy of the lord. Since it comes from the energetic, the Supreme Lord, it is permanent. Energy is never destroyes, even our modern scientists agree on that.

In our achintya bhedabhed philosophy, we say that the material world is real, but temporary. By calling it an illusion, we mean illusionary, meaning it gives the semblence of being permanent, whereas it is temporary. Our senses are also temporary, therefore perceptions of the senses are/ can be wrong.

Meaning, illusion was, is and will always be. This illusion is limited to the material world. Once material world is annhilated, it is created again, it is a cycle of creation and annhilation. At the time of annhilation, it simply goes and sleeps in the tummy of Maha Vishnu, only to come out at the time of creation again(you know that). It doesnt get destroyed. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability -

who is maya ? is material world maya ? who is controlling it? Maya is the temporary material world. It is created from the external energy of the lord. Energy comes from the energetic - the Supreme Lord. If we consider this material world to be a jail (durg), then it is controlled by the jailor - Mayadevi/ Durga devi.

there are 8.4 million species of life and some are very happy. they are floating in water, live in mountains, live on trees n so on. one big species ( animal or something else) eat small species n live happily. no more tension n stress, small species also happy bcos somehow it knows m food of my big fellow freind who will consume me one day .so this material world is dukhayalam but only for human beings ?? not for other species of life ???

- every birth and death is painful prabhuji. Then how can there be happiness. These lower species of life are happy because they do not have the consciousness to understand happiness or distress. In higher animals, they can understand pain, but are helpless, they have to undergo pain nevertheless. Moreover, this is not the final destination for that soul, it has to travel from one species to another, which is in itself painful. What bliss you are seeing is perceived, and that too is temporary, because life itself is temporary.

This material world is temporary for every single life form, including human being. The difference is, in the human form of life, we have the intelligence to understand our miserable condition and the discerning power to ask why we are suffering and how to get out of it.

material world also consist of beautiful nature like mountains, rivers, big dams, seas,

That is the  mercy of the lord. He has provided us such beautiful and bountiful jail to stay in.

BHAGWAD GEETA says lord krishna glanced over the material nature then whole cosmic manifisation was created.so it mean he created maya ( ILLUSION )??

He created jail, like how modern city planners will plan a jail when they plac any city.

How beautiful lakes, mountains, rivers, forests can be called ilusion ????

THey are called illusion because of their temporary nature. They are there, its not our eyes are getting deluded and we are seeing mountains when there is none. It is just that it is relative, it is there today, it will not be there tomorrow. It is temporary. Therefore, itis called illusion. We get deluded that because we see, touch and feel the mountains, lakes and trees, they are for real and the spiritual things discussed in scriptures are not real, whereas its the opposite. It is real, but temporary - it is giving us illusion of being real, that is why it is called illusion.

krishna asked brahma to create material world or maya ??

Krsna asked Brahma to create material world, maya, the way any city planner can ask someone to construct a jail.

who is durga devi ? is she controlling material world ??? but in krishna book its written brahma created material world , vishnu maintains it n lord shive annihilates it ? so where does concept of maya n role of durga devi fits in ?? please explain?

How does that contradict prabhuji? Durga devi is the jailor, she is in charge of this material world. She is incharge of keeping conditioned souls like me in this world. Brahma created, Vishnu maintains and Shiva annhilates. She is the external energy of Vishnu. Brahma also comes from the lotus flower on the navel of Vishnu (we all know that), so Brahma also comes from Vishnu and Shiva is the biggest vaishnava, biggest devotee of Krsna. Durga is Shiva's wife, she is in charge of world. Whatever material benefits one wants, one prays to Durga and gets it. If the same person prays to Vishnu, then he may get material benefit, but he will get spiritual benefit and his interest in the material world will diminish.

I hope I have been able to explain. I have deliberately kept my language absolutely simple, so that its easier to understand.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• This reply was deleted.
      • Right. Definition of Illusion is based on what we perceive with our senses. We cannot see the underlying elements of matter with our eyes. It is the modern science which gave the theories.

Therefore w.r.t human sense perception, we can call the transformation of forms as illusion. 

• Forms are temporary(which are perceived by our senses) and can be called illusion.
        Your physical form transmigrates into another form post death. Your very form is temporary.
        The underlying matter(or energy, at the speed of light as per the equivalence equation, is eternal).
        If we are considering Energy Mass equivalence of Einstein, then everything comes down to only ONE energy(which is eternal), in which case you are considering the Advaita principle. But I hope this is ISKCON.
        The context which we are talking is about the human perception which could see this world as collection of physical forms. So, we better talk in that context and do not go down to deeper levels of matter/energy/electrons/protons/neutrons/quantum waves etc.

Forms change and they are temporary which could be called illusion and if you try to hold on to the ever changing world, you will end up in distress, is what the great gurus/maharshis had perceived.

Thanks,

Subash

• thats a really awesome post Friend. Look into the meanings of Numbers or..."Numerology". The way you numbered them was pretty good lol. I find the lack of coincidence as always, entertaining.

• Hare krishna, Nice question.......what is this maya.........Frist of all understand what is maya......"Maya looks but it doesnt have reality,but Krishna is there but he doesnt looks"......So You asked what is maya......Maya is external energy of Lord krishna....which is given responsibility to play hide and seek with conditioned soul....who want to enjoy separatly with maya(which is not).....When you are in service of krishna....There is no maya......actually when we go for own sense gratification, maya shows his effect.....otherwise when you are with/in  krishna consciousness activities....you are safe.....so enjoy the life to advance in krishna consciousness...that will help.....Hare krishna.....ji....thanks for such a nice question......

This reply was deleted.