Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Well, no one can approach for that matter.. even understand Krishna without a guru!!!

It is foolishness to wander in a forest without a map or a guide to show us the way out avoiding pitfalls, fierce animals. Similarly the path towards Krishna is not easy and Krishna Himself guides us to a Guru...to come to back to HIM.

Self study one may pass a material examination but with self study we will never be able to understand Krishna's leelas' by our own effort. 

tad viddhi praṇipātena paripraśhnena sevayā
    upadekṣhyanti te jñānaṁ jñāninas tattva-darśhinaḥ ( BG 4.34).

Sri Krishna gives the answer in this verse. He says--->>Approach a spiritual master,  inquire from him submissively, render service to him.

Sri Krishna tells this to Arjuna in BG .. why He didn't say to Arjuna simply come directly to me??? He said to approach Spiritual Master. Because Krishna consciousness cannot be had by ones own effort.  Until a realized soul comes and clears our intellect of the ignorance we cannot see the real truth of life. It has been happening like this ..since time immemorial. 

SB 6.3.20-21 — Lord Brahmā, Bhagavān Nārada, Lord Śiva, the four Kumāras, Lord Kapila [the son of Devahūti], Svāyambhuva Manu, Prahlāda Mahārāja, Janaka Mahārāja, Grandfather Bhīṣma, Bali Mahārāja, Śukadeva Gosvāmī and I myself know the real religious principle. My dear servants, this transcendental religious principle, which is known as bhāgavata-dharma, or surrender unto the Supreme Lord and love for Him, is uncontaminated by the material modes of nature. It is very confidential and difficult for ordinary human beings to understand, but if by chance one fortunately understands it, he is immediately liberated, and thus he returns home, back to Godhead.

SB 11.22.10 — Because a person who has been covered by ignorance since time immemorial is not capable of effecting his own self-realization, there must be some other personality who is in factual knowledge of the Absolute Truth and can impart this knowledge to him.

SB 7.5.32 — Unless they smear upon their bodies the dust of the lotus feet of a Vaiṣṇava completely freed from material contamination, persons very much inclined toward materialistic life cannot be attached to the lotus feet of the Lord, who is glorified for His uncommon activities. Only by becoming Kṛṣṇa conscious and taking shelter at the lotus feet of the Lord in this way can one be freed from material contamination.

Gurus in the line of parampara and the Mahajans are called the torch bearers who lead and inspire others towards Krishna. Without serving a Guru we get lost in between and will never reach the destination.

Dhruva Maharaj tried to roam in the jungles in search of Lord. Unless he met Narad Muni to guide him he could never have met Lord or understood how to do devotional service and what mantra to chant also. Way to Lord ...is always shown by a pure Vaishnava only.

Hare Krishna.

SB 6.3.20-21
    In Bhagavad-gītā Lord Kṛṣṇa refers to bhāgavata-dharma as the most confidential religious principle (sarva-guhyatamam, guhyād guhyataram).
  • I am not sure in what context this statement was made. It may be possible meaning may differ as only one sentence could have taken. Scriptures says, without the mercy or proper spiritual master, one cannot make or very hard to  progress in devotional service and this  has been the advise in many scriptures.

They may be saying approach Krishna with the help of spiritual guru who will guide you. 

1. Every spiritual master or people who have attained spiritual planets had guru in general.

2. People may not understand Krishna lila as it is difficult to understand or digest from material platform, so in that case guru can explain you the importance.

This is my understanding and this are my views about the question. 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Prabhu kindly give the exact reference of where you had read it. read somewhere in vaishnava scripture is vague. Everything needs to be understood in the correct context. A statement taken out of context may not be appropriately understood well.

Hare Krsna

• This reply was deleted.
    •   WOW.... Right away we have two conflicting and diametrically opposed answers. In preaching especially I would go easy on the "less intelligent" people do this or that thing. There are many people who are amazingly intelligent who have their own philosophies, so you will not win any good wishes putting them down.

We got into a lot of trouble picking up on the olden day Christian rumor that women's brains are 40 per cent smaller which is not the fact. Those guys wish lol Actually it is proven factually that girls are better students. :-) 

So I think it is better to focus on confirming what we can factually about our philosophy and scriptures then to dismiss others as less intelligent because they have a different philosophy which is elitist and not very bright.

Thnx :-)

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

As suggested please create a group for devil's advocate

Then within the group give people a chance to answer the questions of devil's advocates

Hare Krsna

• There is an interesting statement in the Isopanisad (Mantra 6):

“He who sees systematically everything in relation to the Supreme Lord, who sees all living entities as His parts and parcels, and who sees the Supreme Lord within everything never hates anything or any being.” So we are parts and parcels of Krishna. Therefore we should not hate ourselves. On the other hand since we are supposed to love Krishna we should love all his parts and parcels and that includes ourselves too!

I would love to understand this from you Bharat ji.

• Hare krsna paragon prabhuji and Pamho.
    How is it possible that you read from SCRIPTURES that one who approaches krsna directly is a fool. This statement is completely wrong.
    The real statement is that One who does not approach krsna is a fool number one.
    Because there are many in direct method of approaching krsna, like worshipping the demigods for their or for your personal benefit.
    This is not being approved by neither krsna nor by sastra. The Demigods are different parts of the supreme lord so worshipping demigod means worshipping krsna indirectly.
    Only less intelligent people would be interested in doing this. There are still many indirect methods of approaching krsna, but the direct method is to worship the direct Deity of Radha krsna daily, offering obesiances, following the regulative principals, chanting Hare krnsa daily without commiting any offense, and all the 9 process of devotional service. So prabhuji as a devotee you are doing all these things, not only you but all the devotees world wide are following because this is the only method to approach krsna directly, so do you think all the devotees are fool? ( I am really very sorry for asking such nonsense question). But krsna has already said in BHAGAVAD gita, that by rendering transcendental devotional service into him we are most intimately United with him.
    So here there is no question of Foolish things.
    Pls FORGIVE if I SPOKE something NONSENSE.
    The demonic servant
    Charan.
This reply was deleted.