Hare Krishna prabhuji .

Please clear my doubt .i have read some where in devi bhagavad purana that adi para shakti is the creator of the universe and she created bramha vishnu and mahesh.

Sir please clear my doubt whether who is supreme krishna or adi para shakti

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Prabhujis have already answered.

Also one can go through this lecture series ( first 15 lectures is on Sanatan dharma complete) by HG Priya Valabha Devi dasi mataji.

Link is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL180JQuwJo2j_0aFJsfA_gpBICDE...

These are excellent lectures and i find them very very useful. I hope we can get all our doubts cleared through these 15 beautiful (~ 30 min each) lectures.

- Jai shri Krishna !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki jai !!

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Who is supreme krishna or adi para shakti ?

Sri Krsna is the Original Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the supremely independent being who is all knowing and origin of everything ever.

īśvaraḥ paramaḥ kṛṣṇaḥ
    sac-cid-ānanda-vigrahaḥ
    anādir ādir govindaḥ
    sarva-kāraṇa-kāraṇam

Kṛṣṇa who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes.

As far as creation of universe is concerned this happens at various levels. Even lord Brahma is considered creator. But Lord Brhama is not an independent creator. Because he doesn't create the elements of the universe.

Just like when a new house is constructed and people appreciate the house and ask who has constructed the beautiful house, most commonly it is answered by referring to the owner of the house. 

In a technical sense owner might not have physically constructed it by putting the  bricks, cement sand steel etc himself. But the answer is not wrong in the sense that there was no house at one point of time in past and now there is house the person who took the responsibility of getting the house constructed and enabling all the construction activity from materials, design, etc is the owner. 

So Sri Krsna is the original person who is the ultimate independent origin of material world and material universe. But He doesn't directly do the creation. Sri Krsna has different energies who perform these activities. 

So when other Puranas mention Brahma or Adi Para shakti as creator it has to be understood within in that context. Adi Para shakti  is the transcendental energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna. Sri Krsna is the possessor of the energy and the energetic being for whose pleasure the  energy acts. In the context Adi Para Shakti has prime role in creation of the universe.

The aspect of Sri Krsna being the Supreme Energetic being and the enjoyer of His own transcendental energy is confirmed in the upanishads as follows 

tam īśvarāṇāṁ paramaṁ maheśvaraṁ
    taṁ devatānāṁ paramaṁ ca daivatam
    patiṁ patīnāṁ paramaṁ parastād
    vidāma devaṁ bhuvaneśam īḍyam
    The Supreme Lord is the controller of all other controllers, and He is the greatest of all the diverse planetary leaders. Everyone is under His control. All entities are delegated with particular power only by the Supreme Lord; they are not supreme themselves. He is also worshipable by all demigods and is the supreme director of all directors. Therefore, He is transcendental to all kinds of material leaders and controllers and is worshipable by all. There is no one greater than Him, and He is the supreme cause of all causes. (Śvetāśvatara Upaniṣad 6.7)
    na tasya kāryaṁ karaṇaṁ ca vidyate
    na tat-samaś cābhyadhikaś ca dṛśyate
    parāsya śaktir vividhaiva śrūyate
    svābhāvikī jñāna-bala-kriyā ca
    He does not possess a bodily form like that of an ordinary living entity. There is no difference between His body and His soul. He is absolute. All His senses are transcendental. Any one of His senses can perform the action of any other sense. Therefore, no one is greater than Him or equal to Him. His potencies are multifarious, and thus His deeds are automatically performed as a natural sequence. (Śvetāśvatara Upaniṣad 6.8)
    In the above verses this line clearly answers the given question - parāsya śaktir vividhaiva śrūyate
    parāsya śaktir  means the person whose is possessor of paraa shakti. 
    So paraa shakti is not independent of Sri Krsna. Whereas Sri Krsna is the independent Personality of Godhead, origin & possessor of all energies and worlds.
    Hare Krsna
    • This is so eloquently explained that you prabues have made a a valid point of-confusion into an obveus revolation of obveus truth.Thank you & all glory & victory to your service!
  • Hare Krishna,

Srila Vedavyasa wrote Devi Bhagwat. He's incarnation of Lord himself, thus he also has some past-times which are irre & staggering for normal minds.

There is no doubt that Bhagwat Gita is the supreme literature because it was spoken from lotus mouth of Sri Krishna himself, now he confirms in BG 10.8.

aham sarvasya prabhavo
    mattah sarvam pravartate

I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me.

There's that, a very simple answer and conclusion. Now if you want more technical and scientific answer, then see the image below.

068467b984c9dc2b56fedf3c05469733.jpg

Thank You

Hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.