Hare Krishna 

For example Bhagavad-gita as it is 2.20

For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain. 

There are many such verses which describe the eternal individuality of the soul. Can we elaborate on more such comforting verses?

Hari Bol 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna @Dipin Prabhu,

Have you read about Raghunath Das goswami ji's katha?

https://gaudiyahistory.iskcondesiretree.com/raghunatha-das-goswami-...

pls. read and you will know that he was such a wealthy man. But he has so much renunciation and detachment that he left everything all his aishwayra and vyapaar, wife etc. to come to Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. I don't have this much surrender. I have some surrender. I do follow regulative principles,I read books, I chant but I cannot have this high level surrender. As much as we surrender that much only is reciprociation isn't it?

Pls. read the katha you will know what all he underwent to become devotee of Sri CMP.

hare krishna.

Raghunatha Dasa Goswami – Biography 2
  • !!.. Hare Rama Hare Krishna ..!!

According to you, the most comforting verse from the Bhagavad Gita is .. 2.20.. and it's nice..

And certainly, m unable to describe.. The Beauty of All the Verses.. in words..

10825010486?profile=RESIZE_584x

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

What will comfort one will depend on time place circumstance as well.

Personally, I get inspired by 2.14 - matra saparshastu kaunteya..... It talks about the impermanence of happiness and distress. Both come and go one after the other like changing seasons. So we should not get overwhelmed by either and continue to do our duty under all circumstances. The biggest tragedy and the biggest achievement are both just that - matra sparsh - in the larger scheme of eternity of soul, it is nothing.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mataji 

Thanks for sharing. This verse is practically the most effective and comforting, and it is very significant because it helps us in our day to day life. It teaches us detachment and tolerance towards all upheavals that continuously take place in this world. That is the nature of this world and we can mould our response towards those situations which are ordinarily uncomfortable or distressing, if we keep this verse in our mind always!

Hari Bol 

This reply was deleted.