HARE KRISHNA..These six principles undoubtedly assure the complete success of pure devotional but whice is the best?plz give your valuable comment..

(1) being enthusiastic,
(2) endeavoring with confidence,
(3) being patient,
(4) acting according to regulative principles [such as sravanam kirtanam visnoh        smaranam--hearing, chanting and remembering Krsna],
(5) abandoning the association of nondevotees,
(6) following in the footsteps of the previous acaryas.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna,

Dandavat pranams.  All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.  All Glories to Sri Guru & Gauranga.

As per me, I think, No. 4 - SRAVANAM-KIRTANAM is the most important.

As it is said that 99.9% progress in devotional service is because of your chanting.  The rest 0.1% activities in devotional service, are so that one can imporve the quality of one's chanting.

Hari Bol.  Dandavats.

• Hare krishna Dasanudas prji !!!

as u rightly said Hearing and chanting is best for that some body should teach as how to do that that is sadhu or guru.. following the footstep of guru will cover everything.. Hare krishna

Ur servant

Rasika Govinda Das

• AGTSP

PAMHO

A humble "reply":

1. ENTHUSIASM WITHOUT PATIENCE IS "PASSION",

2. CONFIDENCE ARISE WITH "FAITH" AND IN HAVING "GOALS",

3. PATIENT WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM IS "IGNORANCE",

4. REGULATIVE PRINCIPLES ARE OUR PILLARS FOR QUICK "PURIFICATION",

5. DON'T ASSOCIATE WITH NON-DEVOTEES BUT GIVE THEM YOUR ASSOCIATION,

6. SATISFYING THE PREVIOUS ACARYAS IS A DEVOTEE'S "MISSION" AND FOLLOWING IN THE FOOTSTEPS INCLUDES EVERY ABOVE FACTOR.

HARE KRISHNA!

• All glories to Radha Kunjabihari    All glories to Srila Prabhupada   All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga

Hare Krishna

Prabhuji thanks for these pearls of wisdom

All the above guided points are great but one - the fifth point

abandoning the association of nondevotees,

i am trying to tread the path of KC with all the six points mentioned above but the fifth point mentioned is difficult to achieve.  I have been trying hard in keeping away from my relatives, friends and aquaiantences  all those who are non devotees, but there are instances where i just cannot avoid them sometimes they try to keep me away from chanting,

i am being drawn into the mundane materialistic mentality leading to miseries, every other day.

how to keep cool and maintain KC

Hare Krishna.....

• Hare krishna Jay Narayan Prji !!!

Jai gurudev !!! Jai prabhupada !!!

Abandoning the association of non devotees is very difficult unless we associate with pure devotees of the lord when we try only that aspect its really very difficult but when we mingle with devotee understand the greatness of the chanting the holy name, reading and hearing the glories of krishna from pure devotees than our existance will purify and even when we associate with nondevotee just by looking at you they will try to change to devotees like prabhupada associated with nondevotee only when he moved to USA he changed everybody to devotee every all new center of ISKCON or we used to go door to door during the damodar month and preach the glories of damodar lila they begin to come temple than slowly they will chant so in this way when we associate with pure devotee we will enjoy the higher taste than slowly lower taste will vanish no time... hare krishna.

Your Servant

Rasika Govinda Das

• Hare Krishna Avijit Prabhu !

All glories to Srila Prabhupada !

Thank you for your question. Yes, I definitely agree with Rasika Govinda Prabhu and Rajat Prabhu.

I would like to share what I heard in this regard in one of the lecture given by one of the senior disciple of Srila Prabhupada. The senior devotee mentioned in the lecture that once while with his group of disciples Srila Prabhupada asked " Among all the verses of the Vedic Scriptures which sloka is the most important one?

One devotee answered : " harer naama harer naama harer naamaiva kevalam

kalau naasteva naasteva naasteva gatir anyataa "

( CC. Adi 17.21 )

Translation : "In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy the only means of deliverance is chanting the holy name of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way."

Prabhupada said : No, The most important verse in all of the Vedic Scriptures is

yasya deve paraa bhaktir yathaa deve tathaa gurau
    tasyaite kathitaa hy arthau prakashante mahaatmanau

( Svetasvatara Upanisad 6.23 )

Translation : "Only unto those great souls who have implicit faith in both the Lord and the spiritual master are all the imports of Vedic knowledge automatically revealed."

So, yes it is very important to follow in the footsteps of our previous acaryas. And this we can do by surrendering to an advanced elevated devotee coming in a bonafide discplic successioin of such acaryas. But in due course we should and we will understand that all the activities of the Bhakti are interconnected and we should have a balanced approach in performing all of them. It is here where your Spiritual Master guides you how to do it ( taking into consideration your psyco-physical nature ).So my humble suggestion to you would be that you surrender to such a devotee ( the one who inspires you the most in devotional service ) and sincerely follow his instructions and be rest assured...... the success in KC is guaranteed. Hope this helps you. If yes please pray for my spiritual welfare also.......

Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,

Bh.Durgaprasad

• radhey radhey....thanks to all for the helpfull advice......radhey radhey
  • Hare krishna !!!!

Jai gurudev !!! Jai prabhupada !!!

As u said all the six are assure the complete sucess of pure devotional service since u ask which is best among six than we can say no.6 Following in the sootsteps of the previous Acaryas (Acaryas means Bonafied / comming from parampara system / he must have his spiritual master / he should accpet krishna as supreme / he should follow the guru, sadhu and sastra) is the best amoung the six because krishna says in 4th chapter Bhagavat gita Surrender to the guru he will deliver u from cycle of birth and death because they have seen the truth. Hare Krishna

Servant in the service of Sri sri radha and krishna

Rasika Govinda Das

• hare krsnaprji,

i also think no.6 is most imp because being stressed upon the order of previous acharyas remaining 5 will be achieved automatically!!

• thanks prabhuji...haribol..

This reply was deleted.