What to say to devotee patient in hospital?

Hare Krsna! pamho agtsp

I am going to visit a devotee in hospital today who got admitted due to a 3rd degree burn. He may be a little disoriented or he may not be.

I really feel for him. He must be going through so much pain!

What is the best KC way to react in such a situation? I feel preaching will be a bit too heavy. I just want to say some cheerful and kind words.  I have never been in a situation like this before. Hence, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hari Bol!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna!

pamho agtsp

Thank you so much for your help. I met him and it was all good. He was happy to just see us visit him.

I will certainly keep praying for him as well.

Thanks again!

• Volunteer

also next time when You go Prabhu, please give him a small photo of his beloved Deities and maybe some Maha from Them. It will also touch his heart.

How nice to see Devotees taking care of each other!!! :) It is Srila Prabhupada's mercy. Who created this big family where everyone can live no matter to their caste, birth, qualification...

Your servant,

• hare krishna,

You can pray for him and also tell him that many devotees are praying for him therefore he will definitely recover soon. You may also mention that , though with pain , krishna has given him a second chance in this human form and that there must be some higher purpose of purification for him through this situation. If all this is too heavy for him then you can tell him that once he recovers you all can go for a nice spiritual retreat some where and all devotees are waiting for him to get well..

I hope this helps in some way..

• Volunteer

yes, yes very heart heart touching words: "All Devotees are praying to You and waiting for Your soon recovery...!"

Very nice.

Those moments person needs much attention and care even though for his her body. For example, there is one young Mataji. After her marriage her body paralyzed and she now moves only with her hands and head and sits on a wheal chair. Her husband left her. So she is now with her parents. 

Once on her birthday Devotees brought her to the Radha Gopinath Temple and we celebrated her birthday singing and clapping our hands while she was cutting a small cake. Seeing that situation eyes of all Devotees were filled with tears of compassion and each of them prayed the Holy Name to be merciful upon her.

Then she also cried. Everyone embraced her...she was really grateful.

In this way these emotional exchanges may seem material but no. On the contrary spiritual world is full of emotional exchanges.

Your servant,  

This reply was deleted.