What to do with non-devotee parents??

Hare krsna mataji and prabhuji and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.Pls KINDLY accept my HUMBLE obesiances.What to do of non-devotee parents??Today I was chanting mahamantra but my parents disrupted.ACTUALLY I got very less marks in my semester. So my parents became very annoyed.I got only 13/100 in chemistry.I usually hate this subject so don't study more of it but I scored nice in maths. Inmaths I scored 95/100 and in physics 25/100.But due to chem and physics my parents attacked on me like a demon.While I was chanting mahamantra, my mother hearing my chanting immediately entered my room and SLAPPED ME AND SNATCHED MY JAPA MALA FROM MY HAND.She immediately called my father and he too BEAT ME A LOT.I WAS OVERWHELMED BY GRIEF AND DID NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO??MY PARENTS WERE VERY ANGRY WITH MY PERFORMANCE AND THEY HAD ALREADY WARNED ME BEFORE but as I did not listen to them they removed the entire anger of my previous Actions and today's on Me.They were so Angry that they burnt all my spiritual books to Ashes, They also broke down my deity.When I observed them nicely while doing such things with me, I noticed that their position was FEARFUl. They always feared that after I grow up I may become a SANYASI and leave them forever. But I always tried to convince them that I will never do like that but they never listened to me.My father continuously tormented me with a lecture for 4 hrs. He beat me with a Bamboo stick and I was injured badly.Tears were rolling down from my eyes and through inside I called out to my krsna.But I did not get any answer or help.But then I ULTIMATELY understood that it's not my krsna's fault it's my only fault, I only grew rebellious of my krsna and came to this world. So at that time I really felt the pangs of separation from krsna and I cried for hrs In rememberance of my krsna.So I came very close to krsna by bringing my inner love which was for a long time.But my parents after harassing me warned me that "'IF I ONCE AGAIN CHANT KRSNA'S NAME OR DO ANYTHING RELATED TO KRSNA"" THEN THEY WILL THROW ME OUT OF THE HOUSE.AND THEY ALSO SAID THAT THEY WILL FORGET THAT I AM THEIR SON.So what to do now?I am very much disappointed as they burnt my books, Abused krsna, broke my deity and Harassed me for hrs.So what to do?I CANNOT LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT WORSHIPPING MY RADHA KRSNA AND GLORIFYING THEM BY CHANTING THEIR NAMES.SOME OF YOU MAY SUGGEST THAT I CAN DO EVERYTHING IN MY MIND. BUTI DON'T WANT TO DO EVERYTHING IN MIND.I WANT TO PERFORM.I DON'T THINK SO THAT I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO BRING MY PARENTS IN KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS.SO I AM THINKING TO LEAVE HOME AND LIVE IN OUR MAYAPUR TEMPLE WHICH IS FAR AWAY FROM MY HOME. I WILL DO THIS BY DECEIVING MY PARENTS.I HAVE SOME POCKET MONEY WITH ME WHICH I GOT THROUGH MY KRSNA'S MERCY...THROUGH THAT I WILL TRY MY BEST TO REACH MAYAPUR AND THEN THERE I WILL BEG FOR MY ACCEPTANCE.AND THERE I WILL PROMISE THE DEVOTEES OF DOING ALL TYPES OF SEVA AND THEN FINALLY I will free myself from all obstacles through the grace of the devotees.And then I will nicely serve my krsna and his devotees with my love and devotion.IS THIS PLAN OK??PLS TELL.I NEED HELP.PLS HELP.Radha rasmayi Mata, Gayatri Mata, Anusha TR mata, vijay prabhuji, Bharat prabhuji etc. Pls help.BEGGING for MERCYTHE DEMONIC SERVANTCHARAN...

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Krishna did not say, give up your duty.

You are using Krishna Consciousness as an excuse not to do your duty.

It is sad that your parents did all that nonsense. They are ruining their spiritual life on your account.

If you studied harder, because you became Krishna Conscious, then that would make them encourage you on your path and they also would show interest in this amazing KC that is helping you focus on your duty.

Scientifically meditation/Japa should help you focus your mind better on your studies. Not the other way.

Lets see what Krishna is saying, in the Words of Prabhupada:

Chapter 8: Attaining the Supreme

TEXT 7
    tasmat sarvesu kalesu
    mam anusmara yudhya ca
    mayy arpita-mano-buddhir
    mam evaisyasy asamsayah
    TRANSLATION
    Therefore, Arjuna, you should always think of Me in the form of Krsna and at the same time carry out your prescribed duty of fighting. With your activities dedicated to Me and your mind and intelligence fixed on Me, you will attain Me without doubt.
    PURPORT by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
    "This instruction to Arjuna is very important for all men engaged in material activities. The Lord does not say that one should give up his prescribed duties or engagements. One can continue them and at the same time think of Krsna by chanting Hare Krsna. This will free one from material contamination and engage the mind and intelligence in Krsna. By chanting Krsna's names, one will be transferred to the supreme planet, Krsnaloka, without a doubt."
    Just like Arjuna, dedicate all your activities including your studies to Krishna. Offering everything, in Krishna's service.

• Prabhu did you solve these problems?

• Hare krsna.
      Yes they r solved prabhuji.
      Thanks for ur concern
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I completely agree with Gayatri mataji. I mentioned in an earlier post that you have to be polite with your parents at all times, they will become devotees looking at you. You are ambassador of Krsna, they are future devotees. 

Running away from home will not take away your problems. It will only compound them. You have to suffer what is your destiny, whether at the hands of parents or someone else. If you run away, your parents worst fears will come true, which you promised them you will not do while taking a beating. Persevere, dont run away.

Regarding how you conduct yourself at home, you have to have to have to pay attention to studies. Your marks will make me beat you up. Just doing good in maths is not enough. You have to atleast pass in the other subjects. Please study hard and do well in exams. Do it in the mood of service to Krsna. That your being a good student will bring your parents closer to Krsna. 

Play with your friends, go out with them, stay away from bad habits like smoking, drinking, girls.

All the while, every day you have to chant. Your beads have been taken away, your fingers and will power are still with you. Please chant on fingers, on excel....whichever way. But chant.

You tend to be emotional and given to extremes. Try to bring balance in your life. Do not react to anything immediately. Take it in, think of your reaction internally, sort things out in your mind, and then only respond to the situation. This will help you mature as well. 

Nothing is lost prabhuji. All will be well. You have to do this journey of where you are today to "all is well". You will learn a lot in this journey. So start now. PLease chant everyday, minimum of 4 rounds. Actually, do only 4 rounds for now. Rest of the time, study, play, spend time with parents. Books you can read online on www.vedabase.com.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare krsna Mata and Aapke chrnoon mein sat pranam.
      Mata pls help me.
      I want to share many things with the advanced devotees but I don't have SATSANG.
      Pls accept me Mata.
      Mata pls KINDLY lend me with ur phone no. as on email or on this text I am unable to Express my feelings and thoughts.
      Pls help me.
      There are many problems.
      Pls KINDLY help me.
      I BEG I BEG I BEG...
  • Hari Hari..

I am feeling bad that you are the cause of all things and you don't even know that you are the cause of this whole blunder and still you are blaming not yourself but your parents.

Let me explain.

You get less marks .. You made ur parents angry they hurt you hit you...and in that rage they did all blasphemy and offenses to Krishna.. and you made them break the deities, you made them burn the books and abuse blaspheme Krishna.

Have you got good marks..they would have respected you and even Krishna.. Would have told to all.....praising you saying proudly......oh look at our son he is a perfect gentleman... has all good qualities and he is hard worker, he is studious and topper what not and above all he is spiritual .....!!!

It is in your hands Charan prabhu you can change your life as you want.. Try to focus of studies as well and show your parents that you can handle both studies as well as devotional life very well.

Running away from situations is never going to help. If you stand up and fight with the situations you complete your karma with people and places and move on. Even if you run away from these people if the karma to face misfortune is in your destiny you will face it anywhere where ever you go. Be it in Mayapur also. Even there you will face some people with whom you cannot live with or get along.

Be with your parents .. give them what they need from you......give respect to elders....Even Rama had to face cruel step mother but never insulted parents. We have to be silently face it and get over it. 

Can't you handle both studies and Bhakti together?

You unnecessarily made your parents do bad karma. Say Sorry to Krishna and see that you don't hurt anyone. Krishna is in all beings..Is he not there in your parents?

You have to get good marks and make them feel you did your job perfectly and now you earn time in this way to do your works ( bhakti).

You know what my son says..? my son says I got all A plus in all subjects and I can now play. I say I have no other choice left.. He shows me his grades and says look at my grades ..if i get less then you can ground me and say ur play time is cut..

But now you have no chance to cut my play time.

We should spare time for all activities .. work time.,play time.. study time and bhakti time.. You are not in Vanaprastha ashrama also kid..to spare 24/7 time for Krishna.

that is why in Olden days there were different ashrama dharma.

Bramhacharya ashrama is to learn both material education and spiritual education.

Why do you think Sri krishna was sent to Sandeepa Muni ashrama.. or Rama Sent to Gurukul.

Sri Krishna learnt 64 arts and 14 sciences.  

HHEHHEH and you say I cannot learn Phys and Chemistry? 

Sri Krishna took just 64 days to learn all sciences and arts now He is God.. we also must become perfected in all material education as well as spirituality.

Sri Krishna's guru Sandeepa Muni taught Him both academic studies as well as spiritual sciences. Krishna became  great administrator a great politician and a great warrior...He though being God Himself gave respect to HIS guru learnt from him all economics, sciences, astrology, biology and many more sciences along with spirituality.

Parents are the first guru and then comes our material education teachers and then comes our real guru.. who teaches us and guides us in our journey to Back to Godhead.

Never think that any study will go waste. All study only makes you more wiser!!!

Hare Krishna.

• Hare krsna Mata and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      Mata Thank you very much for enlightening me.
      Mata pls KINDLY accept me.
      Pls help me, there are many problems who's solution I don't know.
      Pls give me ur Phone no. Pls Mata.
      I don't have SATSANG. I am unable to EXPRESS my feelings and thoughts here with text writing.
      Pls help me.
      Also it takes a lot of Time to Type here and get immediate solution.
      Pls Accept me as ur SON and pls help me.
      I BEG I BEG I BEG
      BEGGING for MERCY.
  • HARIBOL
  • But prabhuji the situation has gotten very WORSE and serious and I am unable to understand what to do?
  • This reply was deleted.
This reply was deleted.