What is the percentage of devotees on earth?

Hare Krishna all,

pamho,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Why everyone dont get the taste of lords holiname? Why only few people can understand Krishna quickly and progress in KC? What could be the percentage of devotees on this earth and what about the remaining population, into what category they fall?  Are all karmis? Does this mean their human life is waste then why did they get human form? From where do these people get KC and what could be the reason for them to be devoid of KC? does allah and other forms of god are all same i.e. Krishna. I can understand our great acharyas glorifying the lord and informing us to chant his holinames out of love,But I dont understand why krishna is saying same thing for himself. If this was krishnas intention then why did many people on earth are unaware of it? What is the significance of chanting other than being kaliyuga dharma?

Your Servant

Aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DEAR AAKASH ,

PAMHO.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND QUESTIONS !

Why everyone dont get the taste of lords holiname?

THIS IS BECAUSE THE POTENCY OF THE LORD CALLED " MAYA " IS SO POWERFULL DAT SHE DELLUDES MATERIAL LIVING ENTITIES TO FEEL THAT SHE IS MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN KRSNA.

Why only few people can understand Krishna quickly and progress in KC?

THIS IS BEACUSE THEY ARE EITHER TAKING UP TO KC. VERY ATTENTIVELY , OR THEY MST HABE AMDE SOME ADVANCEMENT IN THEIR PAST LIVES ALSO!

What could be the percentage of devotees on this earth and what about the remaining population, into what category they fall?  

KRSNA SAYS IN THE B.GITA " MANUSHYA NAM SAHASTRESHU..." ONE IN THOUSANDS WILL TRY TO COME TO ME , AND FEWER WITHIN THEM WILL BE SUCCESSFULL!

WHEN ASKED TO SHRILA PRABHUPADA, HE SAID: " KC IS NOT SO CHEAP ! DAT EVERYONE CAN TAKE IT UP !" 

Are all karmis? Does this mean their human life is waste then why did they get human form?

THEY ARE ALL KARMIS! WASTING THE PRECIOUS HUMAN LIFE HAVE ACCQUIRED AFTER TONS AND TONS OF GOOD KARMAS. (OUT OF 84 LAKH CLASIFICATIONS OF LIFE ON EARTH, ONLY A  HUMAN BEING CAN REALIZE GOD ! )

From where do these people get KC and what could be the reason for them to be devoid of KC? does allah and other forms of god are all same i.e. Krishna.

ALLAH MEANS  ALL POWERFULL(IN ARABIC) JEHOVA MEANS THE GOD FATHER, ETC. KRSNA MEANS " WHO HAS 6 QUALITIES : POWER,WEALTH,RENUNCIATION,BEAUTY,KNOWLEDGE,ETC. IN FULL QUANTITIES) HENCE THE NAME KRSNA INCLUDES ALL OTHER NAMES OF GOD :

EVEN, KRSNA latin transalation " kristios" the root word from which the word "christ" is dericed !

I can understand our great acharyas glorifying the lord and informing us to chant his holinames out of love,But I dont understand why krishna is saying same thing for himself.

KRSNA IN THE FORM OF CHAITANYA MAHAPRABHU COMES IN THE AGE OF KALI(as his own devotee, to tach others the power of devotional service), TO GIVE THE YUGA DHARMA" CHANTING THE MAHAMANTRA" HARE KRSNA" ..

HE SAYS THIS OUT OF LOVE ,DESPERATELY WANTING HIS NITYA SIDDHA BHAKTAS TO COME BACK TO HIM ! (if a prime minister proclaims himself as the head of the country , he is not false egoist about his position ,but if a mayor of a village doess dat , yes he is ! ) 

If this was krishnas intention then why did many people on earth are unaware of it?

PEOPLE ARE STILL UNAWARE BECAUSE WE ARE LAZY IN OUR PREACHING.. LORD CHAITANYA SAYS " I HAVE SO MANY FRUITS THAT THE WHOLE WORLD CAN EAT ! BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT HAVE ENEOUGH PEOPLE TO DISTRIBUTE THEM !

What is the significance of chanting other than being kaliyuga dharma?

YOU MUST READ THE PRABHUPADA BOOK : " CHANT AND BE HAPPY! "

OR

read the transalation of lord chaitanya's shikshashtakam's first 2 prayers :

Anonymous - May 21, 2011

Humble Prayers 20 - Shikshashtakam
    Sharanam Shree Guruvayoorappa....

Shikshashtakam (Octet of learning) Composed by Chaithanya Maha Prabhu, who was a very great devotee of Lord Krishna and an eminent scholar right from his youth; He is believed to have not written many prayers in his great life; This great octet is the only one written by him and are believed to contain the essence of all his teaching. The beautiful translation of this Octet is from Shri PR Ramacander ji.

Cheto darpana marjanam bhava maha davagni nirvapanam,
    Shreyah kairava chandrika vitaranam Vidya vadhujivanam,
    Anandambuhdhi vardhanam pratipadam purnamrita asvadanam,
    Sarvatmasnapanam param vijayate shrikrishnasankirtanam. 1

Meaning....
    Victory to the singing of the names of Krishna,
    Which cleans the dirt from the mirror of the heart,
    Which puts out the fire of the pain of day today life,
    Which spreads the cooling rays of moon everywhere,
    Which is the knowledge accumulated by the holy,
    Which increases the sea of happiness for ever,
    Which makes us taste , fully the divine nectar,
    And which is eagerly desired by all beings.

Namnam akari bahudha nija sarvashakti
    Statrarpita niyamitah smarane na kalaha
    Etadrishi tava kripa bhagavan mamapi
    durdaivam idrisham ihajani nanuragahah 2

Meaning....
    You have several millions of names,
    Which can give real strength to all beings,
    And you do not have any rules to chant them,
    And this shows me that you are merciful towards me,
    But I being unfortunate am not attracted by them.

I HOPE THIS IS THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION !!
This reply was deleted.