prabhu ji i have doubt in my mind i want to ask u plzz help me.........nothing is before krishna nothing after krishna...krishna and chanting hare naam is only way for escape from this material world...... but if anyone worship LORD SHIVA....MATA DURGA etc and so many religions in this
world like Muslim pray to ALLAH....some other to JESUS so its wrong ? its all useless? are they escape from this material world? they finally get krishna? so many qus in my mind plz prabhu ji explain.......hare krishna jai prabhupad

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

If one prays to Krsna, and attains pure love for Krsna, there is no doubt that he goes back to godhead. If at all he remains in the material world anywhere, it is simply for serving the mission of the lord.

If one prays to say Shiva or Durga thinking he/she is the supreme, and one is sincere in the heart, that soul is directed towards Krsna (there are examples for this). If one is praying for material gains, that is granted by whoever is the object of worship (the only exception is Krsna, He not only grants the material gain sought, He also purifies the desires of the soul and makes the soul a pure devotee - eg - Dhruv Maharaj). So if material gain was sought and received, the transaction (so to say) is over and there is nothing else to expect. That person remains in the material world until the quest for spiritual perfection begins.

If one prays to Christ - he is a pure devotee and son of God. He can deliver the way a pure devotee of our parampara can deliver - provided the follower is a pure follower of Christianity - does not consider - Thou Shall Not Kill to mean one can eat meat and non veg.

Its not wrong to pray to Jesus or to Allah or Shiva, Durga, Ganesha or anyone else - neither it is useless. Every soul has to go through the evolution process and will eventually come to understand and believe that Krsna is supreme and get delivered. Until then, being a pure follower of Allah or Christ is also good - it makes them a good citizen of the world and they gradually evolve to higher consciousness.

I hope your doubt is cleared.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• E-Counselor

Hare Krishna Abhilashji,

In the Bhagavad-gītā, worship of different demigods or rendering service to them is not approved. It is stated in the Seventh Chapter, twentieth verse:

kāmais tais tair hṛta-jñānāḥ
    prapadyante ’nya-devatāḥ
    taṁ taṁ niyamam āsthāya
    prakṛtyā niyatāḥ svayā

“Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.” Here it is plainly said that those who are directed by lust worship the demigods and not the Supreme Lord Kṛṣṇa. When we mention the name Kṛṣṇa, we do not refer to any sectarian name. Kṛṣṇa means the highest pleasure, and it is confirmed that the Supreme Lord is the reservoir or storehouse of all pleasure. We are all hankering after pleasure. Ānanda-mayo ’bhyāsāt (Vedānta-sūtra 1.1.12). The living entities, like the Lord, are full of consciousness, and they are after happiness. The Lord is perpetually happy, and if the living entities associate with the Lord, cooperate with Him and take part in His association, then they also become happy.

Again, Srilla Prabhupada quotes in Bhagavad-Gita:

ekaṁ śāstraṁ devakī-putra-gītam
    eko devo devakī-putra eva
    eko mantras tasya nāmāni yāni
    karmāpy ekaṁ tasya devasya sevā

(Gītā-māhātmya 7)

In this present day, people are very much eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion and one occupation.Therefore, ekaṁ śāstraṁ devakī-putra-gītam: let there be one scripture only, one common scripture for the whole world – Bhagavad-gītā. Eko devo devakī-putra eva: let there be one God for the whole world – Śrī Kṛṣṇa. Eko mantras tasya nāmāni: and one hymn, one mantra, one prayer – the chanting of His name: Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare. Karmāpy ekaṁ tasya devasya sevā: and let there be one work only – the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Hope, this will eradicate your misconceptions for worshiping demigods and bring peace with conviction to worship Krishna as the Supreme Personality of God Head.

Thank you,

Haribol!

• BG :Chapter 3: Karma-yoga : TEXT 9

Work done as a sacrifice for Viṣṇu has to be performed, otherwise work binds one to this material world. Therefore, O son of Kuntī, perform your prescribed duties for His satisfaction, and in that way you will always remain unattached and free from bondage.

• thnks prabhu ji for response and show me right path :-) hare krishna
      • E-Counselor

Thank you for your understanding. You will be more en lighted and  advanced in your knowledge if you read at least one page from Srilla Prabhupada's book daily without fail.

Hare Krishna!

• Sri Haridasa Namacarya said :
    "All living entities in creation are inspired by the Lord in the heart to act in different ways. People of different religions praise the Lord's holy names and qualities according to the view of their scriptures. The Supreme Lord accepts everyone's mood. If anyone shows malice towards another's religion he ac­tually shows malice to the Lord Himself, who is worshiped by that religion. Since God is one, that person becomes envious of the same Supreme Lord that he himself is worshiping."
  • hare krishna....

this question question is oftenely asked to me by the non krishna concious people and ive seriously tried to find an answer ,i hope this is the exact one.

see if the god's name taken as krishna ,they say "KRISHNAM VANDE JAGAD GURUM" or "EKO NARAYANA" 

if its shiva and pravathi they say"VAGARDHA VIVASAMPRUKTHOU VAGARDHA PRATHI PATTAYEE JAGATAH PITARAM VANDE PARVATHI PARAMESHWARAM"they are said as parents of the whole universe.

if its rama they say "SRI RAMA RAKSHA SARVAJAGADRAKSHA".

wat ever the name u take ,may rama,krishna or shiva or durga  ,belive in one thing that there is on super natural power which is controlling us.i.e., the paramatma,the supreme soul.it has no name ,no shape, no odour ,no color,no gender,its a bright light with the brightness to the square of infinity, u call it by any name it will reply only thing is the u should call and worship and have faith in it with all devotion,concentration,sincereity,love and affection.

we call the superme as krishna, sum call with an other name but the faith is the same,all are equal and every thing is equal .and it is our dharma to be like that,supressing others and telling only our faith is great is foolishness and it is a black spot on our devotion towards the supreme.

we only concentrate on krishna because,concentrating on everyone and everything is nothing but concentrating on nothing as the proverb says"ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MASS"hope u understood.

as we belong to hindu sanatana dharma and as the vedic shruthi said"SAHASRA SHIRSHA PURUSHAHA"it means the supreme faces  of number to the count of infinity,as sahasra means infinity........

god is one only the faces are different. belive in one thing and be contended so that the life becomes neutralized...what ever the name it may be the power is the same.be good ,do good and tell the truth that is enough reach the lotus feet of the supreme..........

this is my opinion and suggestion,any more help u can ask me...

urs friendly,

vinay.

==============================hare krishna======================================================

• hare krishna vinay prabhu  i m fully agree with u. my friends relative ask me this question but  due to less spiritual knowledge m not able to ans such questions so i ask my doubts here to ans them and for my spiritual knowledge.thanks for such beautiful explanation hare krishna

• Hare Krsna,

Krsna is the ultimate destination for all the souls. We have forgotten this. But after getting to know that we are all His parts and parcels, that is we belong to Him. So best thing would be to go back to where we belong.

By Krsna's mercy alone some fortunate souls come across this understanding that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. So Krsna is showering His mercy, the best thing to do is to accept it.

Krsna Himself says in Gita,

Sarva dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraj aham tvam sarva papebhyo mokshaisyami ma sucah

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

People who worship the demigods will take a very long time to reach the Supreme Lord Krsna. Ultimately everyone will go to Krsna. But like that it will be indirect and long one. So why not worship Krsna now only and the easy and direct path.

It's not useless but a long one and takes more time to go back.

Anywhere we go in this material world, there will be misery. So demigods are also in this material world. So in each loka in this material world there will be some misery or the other. So only spiritual world is devoid of misery. There is unlimited happiness, bliss, devotion all around towards Krsna. So why not go there soon to go and see Lord Krishna.
  • Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

All the prayers to any demigod is useful. Each prayer is chanted for a reason and will yield the result based on the intention of the seeker. Everything has value when it comes to spirituality. The living beings are naturally inclined to serve someone. Its an inherent quality of the soul, to be servant and offer service. This attitude of service depends on the consciousness. Some serve the material aspects, some spiritual.

Praying to Shiva or Durga mata or Sri Ganesha or any demigod or Allah or Jesus is much much better than not worshipping at all. There is at least some spiritual credits a person is accruing by such activities. Krsna says that a person approaches demigods with a business point of view. Devotees of demigods more often than not have a material desire when they approach demigods. This becomes like a business transaction compared to serving unconditionally.

Krsna says in Bg 2.40

nehābhikrama-nāśo ’sti

pratyavāyo na vidyate

sv-alpam apy asya dharmasya

trāyate mahato bhayāt

Translation:

In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.

A krsna conscious devotee approaches krsna not from a material desire but from a reverential loving attitude. When you see Krsna’s vigraha, do you feel like asking him for material wealth or a beautiful wife? I don’t think so, because you know that it’s all temporary. This is what is different about krsna consciousness. It elevates a devotee from desiring material things to seeking spiritual bliss which is million times more fulfilling than all the material pleasures put together. Krsna wants to give you that.

Please don’t criticize any religious practice or followers. Everyone is a future devotee. If not in this life, they will progress in future births. Krsna will slowly and surely elevate them based on their surrender and faith and determination. Please respect all devotees across all faiths and work towards your own spiritual progress with firm faith and determination prabhu. All the best.

Hope I was able to provide the answers you were seeking. Sorry, my knowledge is very limited.

Chant and be happy.

Srila prabhupada ki jai..

Hare krsna

This reply was deleted.