Jai Sri Krishna,

I hope the members of IDT are not holding any grudges against me for me being an admirer of some other path. If i like one particular path, its not going to be that i will hate the rest. I'm a student of different sects and philosophies. To me, all paths leads us to divinity. But that's just my belief. You don't have to accept what i say.

Now, that being said, i have a question, since i'm learning about achintya bheda abheda philosophy as well. :)

What do the gaudya vishnavas mean by "jivas are fragmental particles / part-and-parcel / amshas of Krishna?

Does the supersoul or paramatma splits into multiple wordly souls. Is that what we should understand by us being amsha of Krishna? Please educate me on this matter.

Thank you.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Nobody who is mayavadi can appreciate the divine words of Sri Krsna or Srila Prabhupada. Mayavadis are Krsna aparadhis.

Hare Krsna

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Prabhupada didn't say much in the Gita about why we are called fragments.

Srila Prabhuapda is simply repeating the words of Krsna. Krsna says jiva is amsa of Krsna. So Srila Prabhuapada has translated the same. There is no scope for asking "why". There is no scope for speculating "why".

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji!
    PAMHO

It means that we are his spark. anything good in us is coming from lord Krishna and as said in the bhagavad gita, he is the seed giving father. and no, it doesn't mean that god splits into many souls. if it did mean that, then why would lord Krishna say that there was never a time when the jivas or lord Krishna didn't exist? plus that is kind of advaita phiosophy because if lord Krishna only divided himself into so many forms then we are Krishna (it coud be that you didn't mean it this way) but if we are, then how can we be stuck in this material universe? 

the members of IDT are all devotees prabhu ji, they're very compassionate and they wil definitely help if you ask for it. but kindly refrain from talking about advaida vaad here because we don't believe neither do we like it. if you ever ask about any misconception, it would be answered

Hare Krishna

• Rest assured that i'm not here to preach or discuss any other philosophies. I'll be discussing only achintya bheda abheda here. And i hope Bharat ji and Gayatri ji would also participate in this discussion and help me learn more about gaudiya vaishnavism and won't discriminate against me because of my interest in multiple religious paths.

Could you or anyone else please explain, what exactly it is meant by "we are sparks of Krishna"? 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

And i hope Bharat ji and Gayatri ji would also participate in this discussion and help me learn more about gaudiya vaishnavism and won't discriminate against me because of my interest in multiple religious paths.

Mayavadis will not be encouraged. Discrimination is a faculty of intelligence. Intelligence will be used against poisonous philosphies/ enquiries and doubt creating pretentious mayavadis.

Hare Krsna

• its just a metaphore.

• Metaphor to explain what exactly. 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

It is better to stay away from mayavadis. 

Hare Krsna

• It means that anything which is good in us us is just a spark of the greatness of shri Krishna. we should even meditate on it this way, you see anyone with extraordinary strength, think how that's just a spark of Krishna's strength. Poetically we can also think of it this way, we are sparks revolving around the fire of Krishna consciousness, if we are close to it (doing bhakti) then even our own beauty is enhanced but if we stay away from it (be materialistic) then we are vanquished

prabhu ji, they are great devotees. they migh not participate in this discussion but it could be for some other reason. not because of you following another path. lord krishna himself says that bhakti is better than all other philosophy because it's soooo sweet! but if you want to follow another path, that's your call and Krishna's choice

Hare Krishna!

• So by spark or fragment, we should NOT understand the jivas to be a broken off portion of the supersoul. Is that it?

This reply was deleted.