Replies

• Hare Krishna.

Today in my temple one prabhuji gave this example.

Srila Prabhupada and devotees were walking near the Golden Gate Bridge. Prabhupada said, "If I say... 'I renounce this bridge!' Does it make any difference? No. Because even if I renounce this bridge, it is still there. And if I embrace it for my material desires, it is also not good."

So according to today's lecture, Prabhupada means we should try to use whatever is in our means to serve Krishna. We should be useful and practical rather than theoretical. 

• If SP never said this means....help to enlighten the actual version of HDG pls....
  • Srila Prabhupada never said this....

• haribol,

this is the explanation I herd from a prabhu

Firstly, we must utilise the knowledge that is being given to us by Srila Prabhupada. With out being applied knowledge remains intellectual and is knowledge for knowledges sake. Once applied that knowledge has real value. An example, someone may know intellectually that smoking is bad but if they carry on smoking then their knowledge has no value. If it is utilised and on the basis of the knowledge the person stops smoking then that knowledge is of value.

Secondly, we can look at it from the point of view of yukta-viaragya. Viaragya means renunciation. The common misunderstanding is that once has to completely renounce everything to become spiritual. However, Krishna explains in the Bhagavad Gita that real renunciation means using everything for Him. That means utilising everything to serve Krishna and help us advance spiritually. So the principle is to utilise everything for Krishna.

haribol

• Hari Bol Prabhu jee!

Very nice question asked and very nicely explained by Parasram Prabhu jee in first paragraph itself. Unless we put the knowledge to use, there is no point. Perhaps it is like knowing value of the thing versus price of the thing. Am I putting reasonable parallel here?

Your servant,

Sharanagat

• hari bol... can u give me any good storey of Demonic nature..

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

i am not sure, but if You elaborate it broadly!

utility means, maybe to apply all these knowledge of Bhagavad Gita in our life rather than only speaking of it.

Your servant, 

• Ji Ji All-victory to you and your service. Hare Hare Krishna all victory & Glories to the Vishnavah bhaktis Of {HDG} Krishna & Hare.

• I also thought like this but actually i didn't want to do any speculation & I wanted to know what actually Prabhupad meant by this.

This reply was deleted.