Hare krsna mataji and prabhuji and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.Pls answer my question. I BEG I BEG I BEG.Pls KINDLY tell me what are the tricks and techniques that maya uses to DEVIATE the devotee from krsna?I want to know.When and where does maya attack?Does maya keep watching us 24 hrs a day??How to understand that the attack has taken place??With what weapon maya attacks??How maya bewilders us ??How does maya force us to do things against our will?How to understand when and which weapon to use to overcome the impact ofmaya's influence??

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

When and where does maya attack?

Every and anywhere. Anytime and all the time. Maya attacks us when we expect the least.

Does maya keep watching us 24 hrs a day??

YES, Of course

How to understand that the attack has taken place??

We think,act, speak in ways that are not conducive for Krsna consciousness.

With what weapon maya attacks??

Objects of sense gratification - gross and subtle and promises that are like mirage. Prahlad Maharaj says this

kutrāśiṣaḥ śruti-sukhā mṛgatṛṣṇi-rūpāḥ
    kvedaṁ kalevaram aśeṣa-rujāṁ virohaḥ
    nirvidyate na tu jano yad apīti vidvān
    kāmānalaṁ madhu-lavaiḥ śamayan durāpaiḥ

In this material world, every living entity desires some future happiness, which is exactly like a mirage in the desert. Where is water in the desert, or, in other words, where is happiness in this material world? As for this body, what is its value? It is merely a source of various diseases. The so-called philosophers, scientists and politicians know this very well, but nonetheless they aspire for temporary happiness. Happiness is very difficult to obtain, but because they are unable to control their senses, they run after the so-called happiness of the material world and never come to the right conclusion. (SB 7.9.25)

It is the promise of future happiness that is Maya's greatest weapon.

How does maya force us to do things against our will ?

This question is similar to the question asked by Arjuna to Sri Krsna in BG

Arjuna said: O descendant of Vṛṣṇi, by what is one impelled to sinful acts, even unwillingly, as if engaged by force? (BG 3.36)

śrī-bhagavān uvāca
    kāma eṣa krodha eṣa
    rajo-guṇa-samudbhavaḥ
    mahāśano mahā-pāpmā
    viddhy enam iha vairiṇam
    The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material mode of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring sinful enemy of this world. (Bg 3.37)
    Lust is nothing but concentrated desire to obtain a thing or an experience. Maya uses our material desires to keep us bound in this material world. 

How to understand when and which weapon to use to overcome the impact of
    maya's influence??

There is ultimately only one weapon against maya which lord Sri Krsna has said

daivī hy eṣā guṇa-mayī
    mama māyā duratyayā
    mām eva ye prapadyante
    māyām etāṁ taranti te

This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.(BG 7.14)

Only those who surrender to Sri Krsna by taking shelter of Sri Krsna can survive the onslaughts of Maya. Lord Sri Krsna has mercifully appeared in the form of His divine names. When we take shelter of Krsna's names by chanting His names and hearing them attentively, we are slowly but truly freed from the clutches of Maya. 

Hare Krsna

• Hare krsna prabhuji and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      Thank you very much for answering my questions.
      In the similar way keep on guiding me on my spiritual path.
      Ur demonic SERVANT
      CHARAN
      • Sevak

Hare Krsna Pr

If I may suggest this - Kindly refrain from using Demonic servant because it doesn't make sense.

Demoniac people are only servant of their senses.

You could just use our name or your aspiring servant or your insignificant servant.

Hare Krsna

• This reply was deleted.
    • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

This is very true

• Pls KINDLY help.
    Gayatri Mata and Radha rasmayi Mata,pls KINDLY help...
This reply was deleted.