Violence against Hindus and Iskcon devotees

March 2013 < The Bangladesh Puja Udjapon Parishad, an ISKCON-affiliated group that looks after Hindu temples, said 47 temples have been destroyed in Bangladesh. Animesh Sarkar, an ISKCON representative in Dhaka, said Hindus in Bangladesh fear that “things will get much worse.

What is the point of having temples when you are unable to protect it? What is the point of chanting the name of the Lord when you cannot protect your faith from being destroyed!

From year 1000 till the arrival of British in the 1700, Hindustan was always amongst the top 2 in the world with the highest GDP, It had the culture, it had the scriptures, but it did not know how to protect itself from foreign invaders! These invaders came to Hindustan and looted and destroyed much of the culture and temples.

Lord Krishna and Lord Rama fought evil; they did not let the evil get the upper hand! What are your thoughts on this??

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Q. WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF TOLERANCE ?‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

Q. SHOULD ALL LIVING ENTITIES BE TREATED WITH EQUALITY ? ARE DEVOTEES EQUAL TO EVERYONE ?‏

Q. WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF COMPASSION ?‏

• Thank you Siddhartha Prabhu for your input on this matter,  I would also greatly appreciate more input from other devotees on this topic. This topic is one  area which has bothered me and I have not come to terms with it. You say do not think about it, and continue with our primary duty to chant the name of the Lord, but then what happens tomorrow if an aggressive religion comes and wipes out KC ( Nothing is impossible), as we saw attempts made for the Bhagavad Gita being banned in Russia, Many Krisha temples destroyed in Islamic countries.

If we look at History:-

Zoroastrian has been completely been wiped out from the world.

Ancient Egyptian History completely wiped out

Buddhism completely wiped out from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Central asia and now being destroyed in Tibet and also from many other places!

The list is endless...............

So does it make sense not do anything, and just sit back and not protect your culture?

Will really appreciate input from other devotees as well.

Jay

• hare krishna prabhuji

please accept my humble obeisances , all glories to srila prabhupad..

We need to identify ourselves as souls (eternal servants of lord krishna) and not as hindu or a non hindu, i know it vry easy to say than to follow.but the moment we start  seeing the atrocities of the world we start feeling compassionate, in a way it is a good thing but it shouldnt in anyway make us doubt the potency of the mahamantra .Nothing in this material world  happens without the will of the supreme.every one gets the reaction of their karma be it a devotee or a non devotee.We can protect people or things only upto a certain extent beyond which we have no control and lord takes over.The biggest and the purest of devotees had to face so many difficulties which was krishnas mercy ( a test may be) on them.The events of kalyug must strengthen our faith and the need to take krishnas shelter more and more.Thats all we have to do , thats all is expected from us..

Though i have no qualification to speak on any topic , i hope this helps in some way..

This reply was deleted.