Replies

• lord krishna says, "patram pushpam falam toyam yo me bhaktya praychhti"

he dont says, andam meatam machhlim darum , yo me bhaktya praychchti."

so we follow the instructions given krishna and his pure devotee only.

• Hare Krishna!

The basic question one should ask: am I eating it for pleasing "my" senses  or for "pleasing"  Krishna?

Since Krishna is easily pleased with " Patram, pushpam, phalam  toyam.." an aspiring devotee should always

offer a Tulasi leave, flower, fruit and Holy Ganges water to Krishna along with vegetarian bhoga- and after Krishna has accepted, one should offer PRAYERS.. Maha Prasade Govinde, namo Brahmne Vaishnave...  and eat "PRASADAM".

It is very easy to quit eating meat, fish, egg, onion and garlic......

and you raise yourself from "bodily" platfirm to "spiritual" platform, as an eternal servant of Krishna- with the mercy shown by RadhaRani and Nityananada through a bonafide Guru in "parampara".

Finally, let MahaMantra chanting on your lips make Krishna dance- all your "temptations" will be replaced by "transcendental" dancing on your lips.....

Your well wisher

Dr Prayag Narayan Misra

radhamadhavahari@yahoo.com

001 480 814 1372 (USA)

• Hare Krishna my Dear Romit,

The fact that you have publicized your intention and deemed failure is a testimony of sincerity.

Do go to Guru Maharaj Srila Prabhupada's version of the Divine Bhagavad Gita As it isChapter 1 text 15 page 47.

Read the purport and enjoy the glorious assurance.

Swim in that ocean of the protection of Bhagavan Sankarshana who is non different from Bhagavan Sri Sri Radhe Sri Krishna Chandra, the Divine In dweller of all embodied souls.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya, Sankarshanaya, Anirudhaya Pradhyumnaya ca.

Best.

And let me know after you have read it

Naren

• Dear Romitji,

I was born in a Bengali family, and consumed all non vegetarian items one can think of till about eleven years ago. I knew that I was doing something wrong, but did not have the will power to stop the practice. This, even after consorting with devotees at ISKCON. This proves that the tongue is very powerful and will not let go of the "facilities" it has got used to. Many most merciful devotees advised me against it, but to no avail. Finally, I took the decision myself, and I promised in front of the dieties of Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Gopinath at Chowpatty that I would stop eating meat totally with immediate effect. Since then I am sure that Their Lordships have helped me constantly, but I have kicked the habit permanently and today abstain from not only all meats, fish, eggs etc; but also cakes, etc; My wife joined me about a year later, and then finally, my father, seeing us both, also gave up all meat eating at the age of eighty, a little before he died. 

In my case, the urge to eat meat was destroyed by the concern of merciful devotees as well as my own will power which was based on good association. Not to mention the mercy of Their Supreme Lordships. My friend, once you earn the mercy of devotees, then you will not even need to ask for scriptural sanction as to eat meat or not. The question fades into insignificance.

• Dear Romit,

Hare Krishna.

The laws of the dukhalaya allow for consumption of non veg under only specific conditions which are mundane as of now and are constantly being abused.

As Bhagavan Ji's sincere devotee sincerely trying to devoid yourself of the only non devotee latencies will surely enable you to achieve your heart's desire and one fine day you will experience all the splendor of Shudha Prema Bhakti.

Om Sri Sri Bhagavan Sankarshanaya Namaha.

Yours affectionately

Naren 

• Hare Krishna,

After living continously in such worse situations (like eating non-veg, fish, etc.) one's mind is sure to be conditioned. Hence it becomes natural for you to get attracted to such issues by the sense of tongue, smell. Also it is difficult to refrain your senses from getting wandered around. The only answer to address this issue is:

HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE

HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE.

Anartha Nivrtti is not artificial or a forced phenomenon. It is automatic, when you develop the taste for Hari Naam after Adau Shradda.

There are various stages of spiritual advancement and one can himself realise this.

Hence just increase your quantity of rounds to 16 and later make it qualitative. You will see the paradigm shift in your life and activities. When a soul approaches Lord Krishna with very sincere desire, Krishna says na me bhakt pranasyati.

HariBOl

• Hari Bol!
    I dont like ur qus. its like some one want to make sin with help of vedic laws. If you wanna be devotee then you just chant Mahamantra n eat krishna prashadam, after that all the bad ideas of eat flesh is get out.
  • Jai Shri Krishna..

Dear Romit Prabhu..

I used to like all these things too, that was before I knew Krishna consciousness.  You are a very good devotee, I know this because of your interactions in the past discussions. There are terrible costs attached to killing or consuming none KC food. Each living entity is paying for it's sin by living out it's life and hopefully become KC or at least to a higher life form where it will continue it's upward journey to Krishna. 

By killing same as eating (paying for their death by demanding the flesh from various places such as the fishermen etc.) you are interrupting their journey in life and it will have to be reborn to continue from where it left off.  The punishment for which is to be born as the creature to be killed and eaten by the creature etc.

Why go through all this just for the want of the tongue..  There are so many great veg dishes that would outshine the taste for animal dishes. 

All the best..

2535762028?profile=original

• Really Strange !!!
    • Jai Shri Krishna..

Romit Prabhuji, we all are souls and allowing the material body to take control over your choices will be very damaging to your KC. Please believe me when I say that I know what you are talking about, when you say that the smell is over powering. Believe also this that after leaving such foods your senses become clear and you start to see the real picture. The smell that was so alluring will smell like the stench of death and you'll really hate it. Eating sea creatures is said to be worse because they feed on even dead body of men! Ultimately, each person has to decide for themselves what they want and hopefully you will choose the right path.

Haribol!
This reply was deleted.