The leaf is the answer!

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna.. please accept my humble obeisances and all glories to Srila Prabhupada! we often ask ourselves.. why do we suffer and why do we not. but i suppose the latter only applies to real seekers of truth. now, my question  to God once was why do we suffer and i saw a dead leaf falling from a tree at that moment. and i got my answer after deep introspection. 

so dearest prabhu's and mataji's , whar are your thoughts on this? whar relevance does a falling dead leaf have to do with the non-permanent appearance of suffering and enjoying?  

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dearest devotee, please accept my most humble obeisances!

My thoughts on this matter are fairly deep. It is a known fact that Krishna can be found anywhere and everywhere in multifarious forms, but it is also a fact that Krishna's instructions to Arjuna can also be found everywhere. To take the falling leaf as an example, one can see that when the leaf is connected to the branches and twigs of the tree, it remains nourished throughout its lifetime on the branch with the help of rain. Every devotee knows well that Krishna has imbued His spiritual energy in rain as well. Krishna says that He supplies heat and rain without discrimination among all living entities. Similarly, when a person establishes an association with Krishna (the tree), pure devotees (branches), and also with the devotees of devotees (twigs), one will remain nourished with true happiness throughout one's lifetime. However, because this is the material world, leaves are bound to fall from the tree, because for one who has taken birth in the material world, death is certain. A pure devotee, on the other hand, never falls from his position as a servant of the Lord because of his deep devotion to Him, and thus attain eternal life in His kingdom. It is said that in Goloka Vrindavana, the supreme abode of Krishna, not a single leaf falls from its association with the tree. In the same way, one may also say that not a single blade of grass moves without the sanction of the Lord. In this way, one can make innumerable interpretations of a leaf falling to the ground from a tree with respect to transcendental knowledge. There truly is no limit to make connections between nature and Krishna. Nature is considered to be one of Krishna's many energies, which is working under His direction in so many beautiful ways. Another great connection one could make is that the leaves of a tree cooperate very well with one another to keep the entire structure of the tree growing. Similarly, as long as we are serving Krishna, the seed of bhakti-yoga within our hearts constantly keeps growing without limit. Such is the beauty of Krishna's creation...all glories to the almighty Supreme Absolute Truth, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna.

I hope this inspires you in some way to look for Krishna both outside in creation as well as within yourself.

Sincerely,

Śyāma-Vallabha Dāsa

This reply was deleted.