The exact determiner of one's status.

All glories to Srila Prabhupad.

Knowledge is the most precious possession of any human being. Among all the types of knowledges, the spiritual knowledge is the supreme as per Bhagbat Gita. So, despite one's level of any material knowledge, what is most important for any human is his spiritual knowledge. Because this is related to his spirit soul, which is his real & shuttle existence. Therefore, depending upon one's level of spiritual knowledge, he is bound to be there, where he is, at present.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna Abani Kumar.   another way of determining high spiritual status is a persons faith and pure devotion.    What kind of faith and how great that is.  A simple and not so educated person  may be found to posses great faith and love for the Lord.     And sometimes the apparently very learned are not so faithful and pure in devotion.  They are often proud of such high education, learning and social status which are great stumbling blocks to pure devotion.

• Hare krishna   Jagadatma Prabhuji, Thank you very much.Many humble thanks for your kind reply. You are 100% correct in your views in respect of my discussion. While referring to knowledge, I never mean the material knowledge of people. I mean to the real knowledge of eternity. How can the faith & love be of great status for the Lord unless cherished by knowledge. Yes, "Bhakti" is the supreme & so are the really dedicated devotees, how can one practice 'Bhakti' without exactly realizing " Sarbaupadhi Vinirmuktam,Tat parate Nirmalam, Hrishikesha Hrishikesha Sevanam Bhaktir Uchyate".   I beg your kind excuse, if at all, I have made any mistake. But please reply me  for some more thoughts.    My respectful obeisance once again under your kind feet.

• Volunteer
        Suppose I say I have become a sannyāsī mendicant-this is not a qualification, that I can now understand Kṛṣṇa. Then what is the qualification? This: One who has developed the service spirit, with love and devotion, can understand Me." No other. Not the big scholars and mental speculators; but a child can understand Kṛṣṇa, if he has full faith in Him. So faith and devotion qualify one.

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. The Topmost Yoga System
This reply was deleted.