Tension

Hare KrishnaI am a job seeker. I am so much worried about my future. While chanting I will be thinking what should I do to get a job ? I am not able to perform Krishna consciousness properly. My mind will get divert very soon. I m feeling that now I am in unstable condition because of job tension. From four years I am following lord Krishna. But when the critical condition came in my life. I am getting fear .What should I do in this critical situation. How to handle this situation and how to overcome tension?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK prabhu ji
  • Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

Dear Mataji, please accept my apologies that I responded to one of your other post/question without understanding Mataji's position.

To your question/position: Lord tests Jiva both by giving and not giving (what one expects). When the lord gives what we expect (say something material), then it gives some pleasure but there is a huge risk that the Jiva may forget the lord. But by not giving what we expect, we always think of God (since we are in some trouble). So if we practice to remember the lord always, then we no more have the risk of forgetting the lord, no matter what we have/possess in this world, which is the 'safest' position for a Jiva. Kunti maharani prays the same to lord Krishna, asking 'give me always some trouble, for I will not forget you'.

So that does not mean that Jiva need not work/expend any effort towards what we want to achieve in this world. We need to be sincere in our efforts but leave only the 'result' to the lord. Lord will certainly take care of us, for 'who else can save us ?' 

Adiyen humbly suggests Mataji to read 'Bhagavad Gita' (especially the 3rd chapter) in addition to chanting and worshipping the lord. Please continue to prepare for interviews with the confidence that Mataji will get the job one day or other.

Sarvam Sri Krishnaarpanamastu!

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

If you surrender to Krsna, you will not be worried so much. I know and understand that surrender doesnt happen so easily, but I also know that it doesnt happen without effort. 

Please note that the knowledge of Gita was given on the battlefield, not on the banks of a holy river. THat also teaches us something - that we have to apply the instructions of Gita in our life's battlefield. There will always be some tension or the other. In the middle of that, one has to do one's prescribed duty, keeping Krsna in the center.  

Today you are having job seeking tension, tomorrow you will have job keeping tension, whom to marry tension, how to remain married tension, this or the other tension.... there will always be something. With age, responsibility and tension both will only increase. 

Pls meditate on BG 2.14. Everything about life is temporary and fleeting. One has to accept that. 

Please chant your rounds every single day - whether attentive or inattentive. Continue to follow the 4 regulative principles, as much as possible for you, and try to improve.

At the same time, keep looking for jobs. Have faith, You will find something.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Radha Rasamayi mataji. Your words were great inspiration to continue on the path of bhakti !! Thank you.

-HariBol!!

• Thanqu..mataji to encourage me.. Haribol
  • Pranams. Worrying helps no one. sounds cliche but is so true. worrying will never improve a situation.

Say grace for what all we have. Many people do not even have food to it. Gratitude is the key to happiness. 

• Thanqu prabhu for ur wonderful explanation.
  • Thanqu for ur wonderful explanation..thanqu for encouraging me..

• Hare Krishna Prabhu

Put all of your trust in Lord Krishna. Chant 16 rounds a day and give all of your problems to Lord Krishna. I suffer from job stress and fear and I am forced to just hand over all of these problems to Lord Krishna to solve. Lord Krishna will decide if I stay at my present job or if I will go to a different job instead. I trust him to make the perfect arrangement for me. However, Looking for a job is even more stressful than having a job so it is even more important for you to chant 16 rounds a day now when looking for a job. Yes, when you are chanting you will be thinking about how to get a job. That's OK. Keep chanting 16 rounds a day no matter what is happening in your life.

• Thanqu for ur wonderful explanation...after reading this I am feeling relaxed...and my trust towards Krishna has increased.
This reply was deleted.