ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Hare krishna devotees,Please accept My Humble Obesiences

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

As far as i Know Surrender means to completely depend on Krishnas mercy for Everything ,Like a Child depends on Mother/ father . Now Pure devotion shoudnt have any material desires (Nishkam Bhakti) .

then when we surrender we are depending Exclusively on Krishna for our Needs ,how does this  end in Nishkam Bhakti .

Hoping for Answers 

Thank you

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

arent these things opposite depending on krishna for things & having no material Desires

Relly thankful For enlightening on This Topic Mataji . Really Helpful !

Hare Krsna 

Response given by Parul Mataji is good.

In addition, there are instances when gopas in vrindavan would deliberately get themselves in trouble just for kicks because they knew Krsna would save them. Here is excerpt from krsna book chapter 12 The killing of Aghasura  

Then they further consulted among themselves: “If we all at one time entered into the mouth of this great serpent, how could it possibly swallow all of us? And even if it were to swallow all of us at once, it could not swallow Kṛṣṇa. Kṛṣṇa will immediately kill him, as He did Bakāsura.” Talking in this way, all the boys looked at the beautiful lotuslike face of Kṛṣṇa, and they began to clap and smile. And so they marched forward and entered the mouth of the gigantic serpent.

So the gopas and gopis would depend on Krsna for many things like their own safety etc, but it is not material because it is not selfish. And also the purpose of their whole existence is to please Krsna. 

Hare Krsna

Thanks For replying Bharath prabhu ! All Inputs taken !

Very nice mataji. 

Nishkam bhakti is not praying for food.

Then it would be mishra (mixed) bhakti.

Christians often pray, Lord give me my daily bread. (This was quoted by Prabhupada)

You are praying to God. That is bhakti. 

Then you are praying for daily bread, to sustain. Thats praying for material, still.

That is mishra bhakti.

Hare Krishna,

Definition of Surrender should be understood clearly before we can jump into all this..

Surrender is last stage of Bhakti. Not the starting stage.. Many of us are confused that the.. bhakti that we do is considered as surrender ...

Surrender means surrendering ur 11 senses with the body.

When you know that you are made up of 5 elements ( earth, water, fire, air and ether).... You at once understand this body is not Yours....!!!

Next step is.. Soul.. Soul is eternal and It is part and parcel of the Supersoul..

Now tell me What are you???? 

WHICH PART OF YOU, YOU have considered is yours??????

IT IS UTTER FALSE EGO THAT MAKES YOU SAY "I" AM DEPENDING ON LORD FOR MY NEEDS.

ONCE YOU HAVE SURRENDERED IT MEANS YOU HAVE LOST THE FALSE EGO. YOU PRACTICALLY LOST YOUR IDENTITY.

YOU BECAME PART AND PARCEL OF THE SUPREME LORD SRI HARI.

NOW TELL ME WHO IS THE DOER???????

KARTHA KAUN HAI????

Kartha , Karma, Kriya All become LORD When you surrendered to HIM COMPLETELY.

WRITER, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, ACTOR, ACTION, REACTION..EVERY THING BECOMES LORD.. YOU BECOME A VESSEL or INSTRUMENT in the hands of LORD.

What you are saying nishkama bhakti that u are doing...also.. become AKARMA As You are not the doer at all!!!!!!!

IT HAPPENS ONLY IN THE END STAGE OF BHAKTI. 
WHAT YOU CALL NOW AS SURRENDER IS NOT REAL SURRENDER.

Surrender of 11 senses.. 

What are the 11 senses.:-

1. Then there are five senses for acquiring knowledge: the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin.

2.Then five working senses: voice, legs, hands, anus and genitals. 

3. Mind.

Once you have given off mind also.. where do u practically exist?

Lord said to Arjuna to not to fear.. go kill them. I will take care that you don't get any sins... 

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

( 18.66 BG)

What HE said was to forget everything... surrender all ur senses and mind also unto me.. Don't fear of any sins.. I will take care even if you kill your own guru ( Dronacharya) or Bhishma ( grandfather) also there is no need to fear of sins!!!!! BECOZ YOU ARE NOT THE DOER NOW. I AM ONLY THE DOER.

Hare Krishna

Really Nice Answer mataji ,really Helped me ! Thanks !!

It cleared my Doubt .

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Yes, pure devotees do not pray to the lord for anything, certainly not their needs. Lord is Himself eager to serve such a pure devotee and fulfill all the needs. Example is of Srivas Thakur - Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu would do kirtan in Srivas Thakur's house every night. This was a closed program, not open to all. Some envious people decided to take revenge and placed all kinds of tantric paraphernalia outside Srivas Angan one morning. When Srivas Thakur opened the gates early morning and saw the tantric paraphernalia, he simply accepted it as will of the lord and did not try to defend himself at all. He did not try to hide or remove those items, nor he got angry, trying to find out who is maligning his name. He simply accepted it as will of the lord and told everyone that this is what i do every night.

However Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu got very angry and in precisely 3 days, that person was afflicted by leprosy, so severe that it was unbearable.

Pure devotee who is 100% surrendered to the lord does not bother about his bodily needs. Surrender is a journey, not a destination. We surrender bit by bit. Lord also takes over depending on the level of surrender that we have.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

Thanks For the Reply mataji, Ceratinly Helpful !

Thanks Advaita prabhu for taking Time & Giving Reply !

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service