Suicide commited by family

Hare Krishna Mataji,My humble pranam!I am an aspiring devotee. Doing just 2 rounds as have fallen many times from more nos. I have a querry. My brother committed suicide 22-23 years ago he was 17 yrs. what can i do for his soul not to be in the immaterial state. How and what should be my conscience as my thoughts always go out for him when i think of him or see something of that sort around.Its very disturbing to know that anyone known who has left us in the suicide or a heartattack doesn’t get another body. My father had a heart attack died near the Cows we had not a devotee how and what can i do so Krishna bless them with his mercy and take them to better place.What is the right procedure to offer my Ekadashi or to do a Bhagwatam Saptah.Please helpSadar pranam

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mahji this group takes tith$ and does (a Monthly Honoring celebration) for the Family Name of the donator(s) & they are Vishnavas. Good luck with that Sincerely hare haray Krishna. AlwaysChant

https://iskconcongregation.com/cdm-subscriptions/

CDM Subscriptions - ISKCON Congregational Development Ministry
    Subscriptions Donate – Subscribe Please Subscribe and Support the Congregational Development Ministry in Expanding Vaishnava Congregations Around the…
  • Mahtaji - 2 rounds is not very much, many times one can find an (image) ? picture of Krishna &- beginning at His feet bow down of-course & then-rise slowly, chanting out-lode. . allow the gaze upon HI=e's stature as you chanting & continue allowing the eyes to encamps more & more of His whole (body,) till the head & face & whole form is faced, be humble & bow with reverence with your prayers. two rounds 3 time a day sounds like a good number tho all glory though to every mantra chanted properly Haray Krishna. sorry to hear about the drop-out men you've encountered. We are not all like that

• Hare Krishna Mataji.
    My Humble Pranam

Thank you very much for guiding me. I will do it as nothing is difficult and i will do it with the dedication.

By the mercy of Krishna and Gauranga i am hoping we will do Bhagwatam this summer. May lord grant us his mercy.

Ekadashi also now i will do as you have suggested.

I am very blessed to have got in to KC.

Hari Bol.
    Your servant
    Shiva Thakur.
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Very sad to know about your brother and father. Dying of heart attack is a natural death, there is no reason to think he will not get a gross body in next birth. Heart attack happens when the soul leaves the body.

Suicide is different.

WHat you can do is:

1) read all shlokas of Bhagavad Gita for them individually. If that is too much, then read Ch 8. If that is also too much, read 10.8-10.11 - its called chatushloki gita.

2) arrange a Bhagwath Saptah in both their memory together. If that is not possible, simply read Bhagawatam in the house everyday for them, there is a monthly Bhagawtam also. If that is also not possible, make it a practice to read SB everyday and dedicate the results to them mentally. No ritual required.

3) Fast on ekadasi for them individually. Maybe you could commit in the beginning - you will do x number of ekadasis for brother and y number of ekadasis for father. Then observe the fast, mentally offering the results to either. THis is very highly recommended.

Offering results of pious acts is simply a mental offering. Nothing needs to be done separately.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

My Humble Pranam to you.

I have started the Ekadashi vrata with the mercy of God 2 yrs now. Offered As ur guidance. Doing 8 rounds. And more still not regularly doing 16 target is reaching by year end few days to go.
      Bhagwatam is yet to start. Read the various Stuti ls from the book. Reading as much as i can. Will do the Saptah if mercy of Shrimati Radha Rani. Have been very incline to start reading Bhagwatam at home.

I am very grateful to you.

हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे! हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे !! Krishna
This reply was deleted.