soul vs supersoul

hare krishna

my question is that

if soul and supersoul are same in quality but different in quantity then  can soul expand(or contract) itself like a supersoul(krishna) can? does soul possess this quality of expansion which is in supersoul also?

if it is  so then is there any example in scriptures where a soul have shown expansion or contraction.

thnx to read my question

hare krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

I wonder what He enjoys 

Good to wonder. But not good to speculate on it. 

Hare Krsna

• Maybe, by expanding of soul he means an individual soul to become e bigger parcel of universal soul [ if it is possible at all] For example: Gautama was a individual Indian's soul but become Buddha  on mind of a lot of people in many country for many centuries.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Incorrect understanding. 

Hare Krsna

• Thank you for the helpful answers. And what is meant by Paramatman being the supreme enjoyer (bhokta)? What supreme enjoyment does the Lord possibly attains while residing in our flesh/subtle bodies? And may i know the sanskrit word that translates as guides or helps. (i.e. supersoul guiding the jivatman.)

Also I've read that the paramatman rides on jivatman's back during reincarnation. Is this according to gaudiya sampradaya only, or is it believed by all the other vaishnava sampradayas as well? Thanks.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

What Supreme enjoyment does the lord possibly attain while residing in our flesh/subtle bodies ?

The Supreme Personality of godhead Lord Sri Krsna does not reside in our flesh/subtle bodies. Sri Krsna as supersoul is accompanying the soul in the soul's journey through various births, lives & deaths but Supreme lord doesn't reside in material body as the soul does. 

It may appear contradictory but it isn't. Supreme personality of godhead can be present within the material world without residing in material world. 

As far as enjoyment of supreme lord is concerned only the Supreme Lord can state about His enjoyment. All speculations on these are useless. 

And may I know the sanskrit words that translates as guides or helps ?

upadraṣṭānumantā ca
      bhartā bhoktā maheśvaraḥ
      paramātmeti cāpy ukto
      dehe ’smin puruṣaḥ paraḥ (BG.13.23)

Also I've read that paramatman rides on jivatman's back during reincarnation. Is this according to gaudiya samprdaya only , or is it believed by all the other vaishnava sampradaya as well ?

Anyone is free to read anything from anywhere. But asking such questions on whatever one has read wherever without any reference whatsoever makes no sense. And references must be from authentic scriptures like BG, SB etc. What a person believes has not much value in Krsna consciousness if it is not based on truth.

Hare Krsna

• You've given the whole verse brother. I only wanted to know the single sanskrit wordthat translates as 'guide' or 'help'. Please check my post above, i've said word, and not words. Also i'm perfectly aware that Krishna in his two handed form doesn't reside in our flesh bodies. Only ksirodakashayi vishnu does, in the form of a supersoul, as mentioned in iskcon website. 

And my apologies for not providing any references. It was a long time back. I'm simply asking to confirm, whether the supersoul rides on our soul's back and leaves the body or not. If not then what is the correct knowledge according to the scriptures. That's all i want to know. 

• E-Counselor

Never heard of supersoul residing on the back of soul. Certainly not Gaudiya Vaishnav philosophy. 

SInce it was a long time ago, you can forget this concept altogether. 

You could start reading Bhagavad GIta, as suggested by Bharat prabhu. PLease read from beginning to end, starting from Introduction. It will automatically clear a lot of your doubts. 

Haribol.

• I'm reading the BG and carry it everywhere i go.

The blue cover is absolutely gorgeous and is a reminder of krishna's divine bluish skin.

6w2h0JM.jpg

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

The book shown above - The Bhagavad Gita Introduced & translated by Enath Easwaran is a classic example of what Srila Prabhupada would call - Bogus interpretation of Bhagavad Gita.

The above Book should never be read by anyone who has any sense of spiritual aspiration because of the following reasons

1. The book is one of most materialistic version of BG. 

2. The author is not a devotee nor belongs to any traditional sampradaya

3. The author flaunts his incompetence in basic understanding of dharma, karma etc

4. The author is at best encashing the popularity of Bhagavad Gita and has no interest in giving any proper knowledge to readers  At worst the author aims to deliberately mislead the people into pseudo spirituality which is nothing but materialism with a bluish hue of bogus BG.

This book should never be read by anyone who has any intelligence left. 

This book is perfect for persons who want to continue with their dirty materialistic way of life endlessly for infinite births traversing all the 84 lakh species of life in the 14 planetary system enduring all the suffering and chasing flickering pleasures.

Such books remind us extreme purity and compassion of HDG Abhaya Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada is in sharing his devotional ecstasies in the form of Bhaktivedanta translations & purports.

Hare Krsna

• This book is perfect for persons who want to continue with their dirty materialistic way of life endlessly for infinite births traversing all the 84 lakh species of life in the 14 planetary system enduring all the suffering and chasing flickering pleasures.

Let Krishna be the judge of that.

Whether the author / readers of this book are impure materialists and whether they will be doomed to the animal kingdom or not, it's for Krishna to decide. You don't know anything about our personal lives and so you've no right to judge others. Only Lord has the right to judge us.

This is a religious discussion forum so please don't spread hate and discrimination here. We are all one in the eyes of Krishna. 

This reply was deleted.