SOME QUESTIONS

PAMHO DEAR DEVOTEES:

I HAVE READ THAT WE MAY NOT WISH TO KRISHNA TO FULLFIL OUR MATERIAL DESIRES BUT IF LORD KRISHNA FULFILL OUR MATERIAL DESIRES EVEN WE ONLY THINK OF IT SO WE CAN ACCEPT IT OR NOT AND IF WE BEG TO LORD TO GIVE ME UR SERVICE AND LORD NOT PROVIDE US SO WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND IT MY NEXT QUESTION IS THAT WITHOUT INITATION CAN WE CHANT MAHAMANTRA ON BEADS OR NOT

YOUR SERVANT

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Raghav Pr

PAMHO. AGTSP. AGTSG&SG.

these are couple of very good questions. The answer to your first question is very simple. If we approach a rich/wealthy man and ask for 10 rupees, he will give it out without hesitation and if we are lucky, he may give us 100 or 1000 rupees also. But, if we ask him to give a place in his home or accept us as one of the family member in his home, he will not be ready to do it. Krishna is like this wealthy man and we asking for material benefits is like asking for 10 rupees for him. So, he gives what we ask for or even more than we asked for sometimes. But when we ask for his service, we are trying to become closer to him and ultimately want to enter his home Goloka vrindavan. So, he will not allow easily.

I was hearing one story in one of the SB class. Once, Krishna and Narada muni was going on a walk and as they were moving, they came across a rich man's house. The man upon seeing the lord and narada muni, invited them inside and give them a sitting place and served with very nice prasadam. Lord while leaving from his home, gave a benediction that his wealth will increase more and more. They both started to walk ahead and came across an poor old man who was living in a thatched hut and had only one cow and nothing else. The old man invited Lord and narada muni to sit in his hut. He then milked his cow and offered the milk to Lord as offering. The lord drank the milk and while leaving gave him a benediction that let his cow die soon. 

Upon hearing this, Narada muni was confused why Lord gave such a benediction to old man and inquired form Lord. Then Lord Krishna said, the rich man had so much wealth and for him to surrender to me is very difficult so I gave him more wealth which would give him some material pleasure. But this old man has this cow as the only property. IF this also goes away, he has no one but me to surrender and come back to me. 

So, from this story what we can understand is that Krishna does the best for our own well being. 

Regarding ur another question about chanting on beads, you can defiantly do it. There are no rules/regulations/time/place/circumstance to chant Hare Krishna mahamantra. Infact, every one has to chant Hare Krishna mahamantra daily a fixed number of rounds on the beads.

Hari bol!!!

• thanks for the guidance

This reply was deleted.