should we have to mainataining even this material body?

im a student doing degree and im practicing KC frm 2 years,,, i've heard that even devotees practice yoga in order to keep their body in good condition, so can a devotee practice things like yoga, karate or kung fu or atleast go to gym to maintain his physical health good? only with the purpose of just to maintain the body can a devotee learn kung fu,,, which also brings some disipline? is learning such things are considered sin??? plzz help me everyone,, im confused should i learn or not.. im in a dilema....... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Volunteer
    Harinama Sankirtana is like going for a walk with Krishna in the pleasure grove of Goloka Vrndavana. It is the instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu and also the Goal.
    Thank you Jagadatma das Prabhu. Haribol!
  • Volunteer
    Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    please forgive me, but i will say my opinion, please do not be upset!
    as i remember HH Bhakti Bringa Govinda Swami Maharaja in order to stay healthy also does gym. And other Senior Devotees as i know go to the Ocean, to the River to swim.
    i do cycling and also some asanas in hatha yoga, these things are really helpful to keep health in a good condition rather than going to the doctor and spending money.
    also sitting in lotus posture, pranayama...very little things but play big role.
    And of course what does His Grace Jagadatma Prabhu told is perfect way, if one follows strictly Temple sadhana he becomes a perfect Yogi, perfect sports man, healthy for 100%.
    And if one becomes a Temple pujari :-O no need for any kon fu.
    Your servant,
    P.S. Srila Prabhupada says that best among sports is swimming others will shorten the life span.
    • thank u, harekrishna..

• Volunteer
    Dear devotee Hare Krsna, you can come to the temple and do some heavy duty dancing with the brahmacaris.
    There are some very energetic ways to dance for the pleasure of Krsna and you will get such a good workout.
    When I was a young man we would dance for hours and go on Hari nam sankirtan 4 to 5 times in a week.
    I was working in the day and running to the temple as much as I could.
    Gyms and karate will cost you money so give the money to the temple and dance for Krsna.
    Learn to play the mrdunga drum in kirtan styles. Loud and long for dancing.
    You need strong arms and shoulders so learn large wompers too.
    Become expert at sankirtan, loud singing drumming and wompers, kartals. And dance while playing!
    Eat lots of prasadam and chant Hare Krsna asking Him for service.
    Do hard physical work around the temple and never be lazy.
    You will find the other devotees will be dancing with you and will become ecstatic.
    So both your body and your soul will be in a very healthy condition. Hare Krsna
This reply was deleted.