Hare Krishna

Please accept my humble pranams

All Glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga

Normally we will not offer grain bhoga to Gauranitai deities on Ekadasi day. On Gaurapurnima day  with the lords mercy  we are planning to offer chappan bhog to the  sri sri gauranitai.

Usually on Gaura purnima day devotees nirjas fast and break with ekadasi prasad at night.

My question is   

Shall we offer Bhoga made out of grain to Sri Sri Gaura nitai on Gaura Purnima  day?

Please guide me

your humble servant

rameswar kanai das

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna prabhuji

PAMHO. AGTSP. AGTSG&SG.

It depends on your temple which you are associated with. Some temples use grains and some do not. I know pune temple do not use grains for Gaur Purinima however, last year here in Bangalore, the authorities decided to disterbute grain prasadam after they had consultation with devotees from other temples and HH JPS Maharaj. This was a question asked by a devotee in Coimbatore temple to HH JPSM and Maharaj said either one is ok. One of the SP disciple (forgot his name) was sharing with another devotee here in bangalore that SP never told to eat non grain prasadam on Gaur purnima. All he had told was for Janmashtami only so we have to be very strict on that day.

Regarding offering grains to Gaur Nitai on Ekadashi day, that has to be avoided. I read (i believe in IDT itself in the ekadashi section somewhere) that SP says not to offer grain prasadam for ones Guru, and aacharyas and Gaur-Nitai also. But one can offer grains to Krishna and the Mahaprasadam can either be distributed to people who do not follow ekadashi strictly or can be stored for next day.

Hari bol!!!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna prji,

Please forgive me for incorrect information. I got confused with Narasinga chaturdashi and Gaura Purnima and said that we had grain prasadam on Gaur purnima. But it was Narashima chaturdashi.

Back to your question, you can certainly offer non grain bhoga for Gaur Nitai on Gaur purnima but we can not eat it the same day just like we do on Janmashtami.

Once again my apologies for giving incorrect information.

hari bol!!!

• hare krishna

dandavat pranams

in your last posting,  I hope you meant to say we can offer Grain Bhoga.

thank you very much for guiding us

ys

rkd

• hare krisshna

dandavat pranams

where in this link, i can find my answers

ys

rkd

• Hare Krishna

Dandavat Pranams

Please some one answer who know about  this ... because we have to ask devotees to prepare bhoga according to your answers

Thanks

your servant

rameswar kanai das

This reply was deleted.