Service

Hare Krishna

Please guide me the right order to be followed for the service and offerings during aarti etc. at home for Lord Jagannath, Baldev ji and devi subhadrha ji. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna, Jai Jagannath,    

Hello, all recently I have been from Puri Dham. I was also worrying about the Lord Jagganath Darshan but thanks to my friend I got a help from a devotee care center named as "Devotee Care centre". The person who guides us was so nice and noble. In short if any interested for have a hassle free Lord Jagganath darshan then may contact Puri Devotee Care agency.

Haribol,

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

First we open the altar, pray to guru and gauranga that we may start our service and blow conch. Offer obeisances. Then we put flute and crown wherever applicable, see that the altar is ok, no adjustments need to be done and then start arati.

We start with dhoop, then deep (typically this is pancha pradeep, ghee lamp of 5 wicks), then water in a conchshell, then cloth, then flowers, then chamar, then peacock feather fan, then fold your hands and say your silent prayer, then again blow conch and then offer obeisances. i have only told you the order of offering the various items, not the number of times they have to be circled because I heard in a lecture by HG Pankajanghri prabhuji that offering is more important than number of times.

All the while, we have to sing song as per the arati being done, whether mangalarti, or darshan arati or any later arati.

For bhoga, we ahve to lay the plate, keep a seat to invite the deities and one flower for the gurus. Then mentally invite the gurus, working your way upto the detities, then start with the guru mantras, then Srila Prabhupada mantra, then

Namo Maha Vadanyaya Krsna Prema Pradayaate, Krsnaya Krsna Chaitanya Naamne Gauratvishe Namah - 3 times. Then

Namo Brahmanya Devaya Go Brahmana Hitaya Ca, Jagad Dhitaya, Krsnaya Govindaya Namo Namah - 3 times.

Then Jai Shri Krsna Chaitanya..... - 3 times, then Mahamantra 8 times.

All the while, there should be ringing of bells while saying the mantras. Then leave the altar for 10 minutes, then blow concoh or ring bell and then pick up the plate, keeping back the offering aasans.

I hope i have been able to explain. Pls feel free to ask if you have any doubts.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mata Ji,

First of all thanks for the information but my question is regarding the order in which we should offer the services like first to lord jagannath ji or to baldev ji? 

• Hariii boool.

First is always Jagganath then Baladev and Subhadra. Service should be done in that order. 

• Hare Krishna

Thanks for the info. even yesterday i managed to find an article in which the same order was stated

This reply was deleted.