Seeking Answers

Dear Rasika Prabhu,

Hare Krishna! You have mentioned in the previous discussion that the Mahabharata is considered as 5th Veda. Now the Vedas generally means knowledge about material, spiritual & about Gods. But the Mahabharata is filled with cheating, hatred, jealousy,conspiracy,murder. Then how does it qualify to become a Veda?

Q2. There is no need for Lord Krishna to play unfair. Is there any mystery behind Lord Krishna playing unfair in the battle field?

Q3. I just read the story in the discussion "what is maya". Its a good story but i am a bit surprised to read that a very exhalted sage like Narada who has the license to enter Vishnu Loka doesnt have the knowledge about maya. I have heard that every thing is known to the person who sees Vishnu.

Eagerly waiting for your reply prabhuji.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Romit Kelkar

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna!!!

Jai Gurudev!!! Jai prabhupada!!!

Kindly explain the statement "Krishna is the cause of all causes".?

Krishna is the cause of all causes Lord Brahma says in bramah samhita as follows

īśvaraḥ paramaḥ kṛṣṇaḥ                    sac-cid-ānanda-vigrahaḥ

anādir ādir govindaḥ          sarva-kāraṇa-kāraṇam

Krsna who is known as Govinda is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin and He is the prime cause of all causes. (BS Verse 1)

In srimad bhagavatam sri narada asked lord brahama to clarify who is the real creator, who is the real cause of all the causes, who is god in order to clear the doubt of people in general because every body says bramha is the creator actually brama is secondary creator actually Krishna is the creator so lord brahma answered as follows in SB second canto chapter 5 (The cause of all causes)

nārāyaṇa-parā vedā           devā nārāyaṇāńgajāḥ

nārāyaṇa-parā lokā            nārāyaṇa-parā makhāḥ (SB 2.5.15)

The Vedic literatures are made by and are meant for the Supreme Lord, the demigods are also meant for serving the Lord as parts of His body, the different planets are also meant for the sake of the Lord, and different sacrifices are performed just to please Him.

nārāyaṇa-paro yogo           nārāyaṇa-paraḿ tapaḥ

nārāyaṇa-paraḿ jñānaḿ     nārāyaṇa-parā gatiḥ (SB 2.5.16)

All different types of meditation or mysticism are means for realizing Nārāyaṇa. All austerities are aimed at achieving Nārāyaṇa. Culture of transcendental knowledge is for getting a glimpse of Nārāyaṇa, and ultimately salvation is entering the kingdom of Nārāyaṇa.

Krishna is the reason for our suffering?

Krishna is the cause of all causes but we are the responsible for our suffering because we are not following dharma / what our Krishna is assigned for the human being is not followed so we are suffering. When we act under the direction of Krishna than Krishna will be responsible if we act under our own than we are the responsible for the suffering.

As we know that our father is cause of our all causes for example if the father is sending the son to the school but the son lieu of going to school if he gone to some other place stolen some money and caught by the police and suffering in police station. For this suffering son is the cause or father is the cause? Surely son is the cause because the son is deviated from father’s instructions the same way we are cause for all sufferings.

In this connection srila prabhupada says in SB 2.5.17 Purport as follows Those who are not surrendered souls are put under the care of the material nature (bhrāmayan sarva-bhūtāni yantrārūḍhāni māyayā [Bg. 18.61]); therefore, they are allowed to do things on their own account and suffer the consequences themselves. Devotees like Brahmā and Arjuna do not do anything on their own account, but as fully surrendered souls they always await indications from the Lord;   

Three modes of material nature namely goodness, passion, ignorance responsible for misdeeds of a human?

Modes of material nature are not cause of our misdeeds but this modes act according to our past karma. For example if our past karma is all bad karma than in this life we will get the body & Modes such way that all our karma can be utilized so this modes will develop based on the karma than all the result will manifest from karma through Mode of material nature.

Planets are cause for our suffering?

Plants are not cause for our suffering actually this planets also will manifest upon us based on our karmas for example at the end of our life if we had lot of bad karma than yamaduta will come take the soul to yamaraja or if we are devotee than vishnuduta will come and take the soul to vishuloka. Selection of yamaduta or vishuduta is in our hand the same way good people all the planets will act such a way that all the action will be good in there life its stated that all the planet will come 100 % perfect auspices position when the lord is appearing. If the planet is cause than why some people are enjoying some people are suffering even though ruling planets are same does not change person to person, in this connection if u want to understand very easily ur having the salt / Limpu if u put in the curd nothing will happen the same salt/Limpu if u put in the milk everything will be wasted the same way depend on our karma depend on what we have with us this planet will reflect.

Hare Krishna hope this answer will satisfy u in progressing K.C simply if we surrender to Krishna nothing will come and touch us either this karma or modes or planets all will act very wonderfully result will be like diamond. Krishna is guaranteed in many place in bhagavat gita he never fail to protect the surrendered devotees its happen in real life of so many devotees. Either way we have to serve somebody forcefully in material aspects husband serve wife or wife serve husband, son serve father, servant serve master, employee serve the owner, owner serve the client and client serve the customer all are servant even America president or Indian President all are servant only but one who serve the supreme lord is the best among all the servant that is our ultimate dharma.

sa vai puḿsāḿ paro dharmo                  yato bhaktir adhokṣaje

ahaituky apratihatā yayātmā suprasīdati (SB 1.2.6)

The supreme occupation [dharma] for all humanity is that by which men can attain to loving devotional service unto the transcendent Lord. Such devotional service must be unmotivated and uninterrupted to completely satisfy the self.

Kali yuga chanting is the best medicine to attain everything.

Hare Krishna.

Rasika Govinda Das

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Wonderfull!!

• Hare Krishna Romit Pr

Did u think that Krishna is the cause of all causes? Did u think that Krishna is the reason for your Suffering? Please give ur opinion  

• hare krishna prabhu g.....

well i don't think that krishna is the reason of my suffering but it is also true that without his will nothing can happen whether it is good or bad.

sorry if i hurt someone but i feel that now a days the person without any effort and character getting all benefits and prosperity by wrongdoing and day by day they are prospering.

prabhu g pls explain this since i m very confused and in darkness in this regard.

• Hare krishna !!!

Jai gurudev !!! Jai prabhupada !!!

In BG krishna says among the demigod I am indra mean among the demigod lord indradeva is the best so to show the supremacy krishna says like that among the rsi I am the Narada like that just to show that krishna is top in everything even cheating also he is top mean supreme personality of godhead is the top in everything that is the way we can understand the meaning of this statement.

In goverdhan lila krishna put indra in to the ignorance to tech us that we should not puffed up any moment when we are doing the service (krishna always use pure devotee for teaching the lesson) and second thing Bhagavan mean one who possess six opulence in full which includes strength also so krishna lifted governdhan to show that he is the supreme. Now a days so many bhagavan coming in India prabhupada says they are rascal they cont lift governdhan even they cont circumbulate what to speak of lifting this people are cheater.

Hare krishna. Jai Prabhupada

Rasika Govinda Das

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Wonderfull!!

• hare krishna!

danav or devta har yug main hote hai. but jigyasso sighra hi bhagwan ko jan leta hai. lack of knowledge create such type of crtisizm.

• Hare krishna !!!

Jai Gurudev !!! Jai Prabhupada !!!

Surrender to him means he is telling us to take shelter at his lotus feet mean following his instruction as per BG

man-manā bhava mad-bhakto         mad-yājī māḿ namaskuru

mām evaiṣyasi satyaḿ te    pratijāne priyo 'si me (BG 18.65)

Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.

Always think of me: When we read above sloka we feel very hard in the beginning how is it possible to think Krishna always we should not do any activities? prabhupada gives good example when we are going to get marry the young couple always think each other 24 x 7 even though they continue to do there duties still they think in there mind another example if the baby gone to school the mother always think about the baby even while she working in the house the same way even though we engaged so many activities if we try to remember Krishna in our mind our life will be saved, mind will be peaceful  its hard in the beginning but due course of devotional practice its very practical and its possible.

Become my devotee: Hope u know well

Worship me: Hope u know well

Offer your homage unto me: mean what our we do at the end just we can offer to Krishna than we can accept everything… prabhupada gives good example in this connection the father or mother will give some eatable to baby some intelligent baby gives back one hand to mother or father that time the mother or father will be so happy they love the child even though its given by father only still the father will be very happy when the child gives back the same way everything given by Krishna but if we gives even very little to him saying with thanks he will be very happy with us..

Even if u see all the fire scarifies or vedic mantra in all the temple including siva or all other temple they will say at the end Narayanam Smarbayami or Hari Om (mean everything offering to lord narayana) lets him be pleased with my offering and give the benediction to the living entity.

Temporary suffering we must take medicines because we have to take care this body to execute the devotional service without body we cont do any activities so we have to take care this body as long us we alive but krishna also remove but pure devotee they never ask krishna this kind of small small things they ask only bhakti but krishna will protect them always when we surrender unto him at this moment we are not completely taken shelter at his lotus feet better to take medicines and chant hare Krishna…Krishna will remove the permanent dieses of birth, death, old age and dieses this is our biggest dieses.

U can visit any near by iskcon temple on Sunday when our ur free that will help u lot other time u can chant hare krisha mahamantra even while traveling or at ur home.

Hare krishna. Thank  u so much.

Ur servant

Rasika Govinda Das

Bahrain. Balramdesh

• Wonderful!!
  • Hare Krishna !!!
    Jai Gurudev!!! Jai Prabhupada!!!
    Question: You have mentioned in the previous discussion that the Mahabharata is considered as 5th Veda. Now the Vedas generally means knowledge about material, spiritual & about Gods. But the Mahabharata is filled with cheating, hatred, jealousy, conspiracy, murder. Then how does it qualify to become a Veda?
    Hare Krishna Veda means complete including material as well Spiritual topic so than all kind of activates must be there in the vedas including cheating, hatred, jealousy, conspiracy, murder etc... U will not find any activities which are not discussed / mention in the Vedas in material as well in spiritual world. Than people say veda is not complete this subjects are not discussed if the people did cheating, murder what we be his consequences. Who will tell us who will guide us? If it is not discussed than how we will solve the issues like murder & cheating case who will be final authority? Sastra is the final authority. Mahabharath is not just simple fighting story they are teaching the lesson to the people in general if u behave like Duryodhana than ur end life will be like that if u behave like pandavas than ur end life will be like that what is the dhrma of each people what one should do what one should not do like that… Veda is like Theory class mahabharatha is like practical class. People some time says vedas will tell so many things but its not possible / practical to do by people in general than we can turn our face in mahabharatha and take the examples from great personalities how they over come this kind of problems or obstacles. We have to take lesson from mahabharatha and apply in our life that’s all. We have to understand if we are not follow in our life the words of Vyasadeva or Vidura or Bhismadev or pandavas or krishna than our life will be cheating, hatred, murder etc…
    Q2. There is no need for Lord Krishna to play unfair. Is there any mystery behind Lord Krishna playing unfair in the battle field?
    Which one ur telling pr Krishna play unfair? Krishna never played any unfair game in the battle field what is the necessity of playing unfair game by supreme personality of godhead. For example if some body is searching the cow to kill if they come and ask did u see the cow? even though u know where the cow is hiding still u can say I don’t know sir because u lie to save the cow its accepted in sastra …like that certain things are accepted by sastra for the higher purpose…Prabhupada explained what our krishna order or says is the ultimate dharma for all the people. We should not imitate krishna but just simply follow what our krishna teaches. Krishna is equal to everyone all are his children’s so he never be unfair to any one for example in house two sons are there one child is disturbing another good child than what the father will do naturally he will protect the good child and punish the bad child the same way Krishna protected the pandavas( because they followed the dharma) and annihilated the duryodhanas (he performed all short of nonsenses ) that’s all we may be thinking this is unfair because we are not in complete knowledge about supreme that why we may think unfair but its not…we will understand about krishna when we execute the devotional service… krishna will revel him self slowly slowly…krishna can do anything and everything just by shaking his finger still he do so many activities to set an example and to attract the people in general so that they can surrender unto him and so that he will remove all the suffering of the living entities. Krishna says
    janma karma ca me divyam evaḿ yo vetti tattvataḥ
    tyaktvā dehaḿ punar janma naiti mām eti so 'rjuna (BG 4.9)
    One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.
    Q3. I just read the story in the discussion "what is maya". Its a good story but i am a bit surprised to read that a very exhalted sage like Narada who has the license to enter Vishnu Loka doesnt have the knowledge about maya. I have heard that every thing is known to the person who sees Vishnu.
    Hare Krishna if we think like that narada don’t know what is maya and he asked lord narayana to explain that means pr we are not understood the exalted position of sri narada he is the 3rd incarnation of sri Krishna he is empowered incarnation by Krishna to give bhakti (Devotional Service) to everybody (SB 1.3.8) he is the guru of Pralada, Durva, Vyasadeva etc… he only bless Vyasadeva to compile Mahabharatha, Srimad Bhagavatam, and he only bless valmeki to compile Sri Ramayan.. Than we can understand how great personality sri naradamuni is… Sri narada is very very dear to lord Krishna we can not talk about his glories its Unlimited … By his momentary association he changed Hunter in to the great Vaisnava in prayak …by his momentary associations Nalaguvera and Manigreva two sons of Guvera got the association of sri Krishna in damodar past time even though they intoxicated while narada visited them… Lord always use his pure devotee to teach the lesson to people in general for example if top star is acting in the drama as a beggar role if some people who don’t have any knowledge if they ask he is very richest man he is star how he is become suddenly beggar what we can say for that? Narada knows everything they are asking to lord to explain so many things for our purpose …Like that so many wonderful past times are there to teach the lesson for us simply just we have to take the lesson not thinking in material aspects we have to elevate our self to spiritual platform than we will understand some extend why narada acting like this…Narada can travel all three planetary system without any difficult any place any where he can travel..even brahma and indra deva also in one of the past time they behaved like common man Krishna teaches the lesson ..
    So pr I would request u to associate with devotees in near by temple as much as possible, chant hare Krishna mahamanatra, and read BG and hear prabhupada Lectures so that our faith will increase slowly than all our question will be answered by Krishna and prabhupada through his books I also had so many question like this why he did like this when I begin K.C now by the mercy of my spiritual master I am trying to understand in spiritual way my level best but what our sastra says or guru says or sadhu follows are all great meaning behind each and every activates… we have to look in right aspect janasaksu (eyes filled with spiritual knowledge) referring from right sources from right person with faith than everything become perfect. Kindly forgive me for delay in reply because I went outside for office meetings…Hare Krishna. Jai Gurudev. Jai Prabhupada.
    Your servant
    Rasika Govinda Das.
This reply was deleted.