Seed of Bhakti…

Hare Krsna again!  Sorry I only have you guys  as associates and friends for I live far from a temple.  Anyways - I was wondering if when you first get the seed of Bhakti do you ever have to get it again if your plant almost dies?  All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Sri Caitanya and the Pancha Tattva as well as all assembled devotees of the Lord!  Hare Krsna Hare Ram!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

The seed of devotion is eternal, once got, cannot be destroyed. If one is unable to cultivate the seed of devotion in this lifetime, or if one is not able to complete one's sadhana, one gets a chance in next lifetime to continue from wherever one stopped. The choice of whether one takes up in next lifetime also or not, is on the individual. 

I see you are tormented by these and similar questions. THere is only one way to start doing devotion, that is by starting. Simply pick up your beads and start chanting. Before the 1st round, 1st mahamantra, pls pray to Their Lordships and Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to allow you to chant. Once you have completed the committed rounds for the day, again thank Them for allowing you to chant and pray that They give you permission for the next day also. 

Like this, take simple baby steps and restart your journey back to Krsna.

Do not worry about whateer went wrong in the first endeavour. Its like a child learning to walk. Child will falter and fall, but happily the child gets up again and starts walking again. Same way, we have to take baby steps towards Krsna. 

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD 

• Thankyou Mata!  I am having difficulties is my devotional service.  I also have a hard time saying Hare pronounced With a "d" sound. I can pronounce all Hares well except the middle three.  It discourages me from chanting a little.  I can say Hare with a "r" sound just fine.?  I don't know.  I'll keep trying and praying.  Thanks Mata!  All glories to Srila Prabhupada! Hare Krsna!

• There was a sage Valmiki who couldn't say name "rama" when he first started chanting Lord Rama's name he was a tribal that time before becoming a sage.

He used to eat flesh and consumed liquor and was living a pathetic most fallen life at that time he got  association of  sage Narada muni. Sage Narada gave him Lord Rama's name to chant.

Because of the too much fallen state, this tribal couldn't even say " RAMA" he used to says MARA  

totally opposite meaning also

In Hindi " Mara" the reverse form of RAMA means killing. Because he was used to killing animals in forest so much. He couldn't even utter Lord Rama's name properly.

But his intention to chant was pure.

He was chanting with devotion to please Lord Rama.
        Lord Rama even accepted that form of chanting as Lord only sees the intention of the devotee.
        And this tribal over a period of time

MARAMARAMARAMRAMAARAMARAMARAAMARA..... chanting mara mara mara mara.. continuously it sounded as if Rama rama rama rama rama as it is a chair of words.

So, don't worry keep chanting the chant of Lord's name is going to cure the  tongue's inability to take HIS name itself.

As you cleanse your self of all the bad qualities and sinful reactions of past karma slowly your speech will improve and you become perfected to chant  HA"R" E.

Hare Krishna

• Thankyou Gayatri!  Thant makes me feel better!  Hare Krsna!

This reply was deleted.