Hare Krishna
I haven't come across such references (Verses) in my readings yet, except in the commentary sections. I would really appreciate if you any of you contribute, because it would be helpful in convincing my mayavadi friends.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krishna 

Srila Prahupada has unbelievably ridiculed and exposed the false interpretations of bogus mayavadis. Below is exact excerpt from Purport of BG 9.11

Some of those who deride Krsna and who are infected with the Mayavadi philosophy quote the following verse from the SB (3.29.21) to prove that Krsna is just an ordinary man.Aham sarvesu bhutesu bhutatmavasthitah sada: "The Supreme is present in every living entity."

We should better take note of this particular verse from the Vaisnava acaryas like Jiva Gosvami and Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura instead of following the interpretation of unauthorized persons who deride Krsna.

Jiva Gosvami, commenting on this verse, says that Krsna, in His plenary expansion as Paramatma, is situated in the moving and the nonmoving entities as the Supersoul, so any neophyte devotee who simply gives his attention to the arca-murti, the form of the Supreme Lord in the temple, and does not respect other living entities is uselessly worshiping the form of the Lord in the temple. There are three kinds of devotees of the Lord, and the neophyte is in the lowest stage. The neophyte devotee gives more attention to the Deity in the temple than to other devotees, so

Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura warns that this sort of mentality should be corrected. A devotee should see that because Krsna is present in everyone's heart as Paramatma, every body is the embodiment or the temple of the Supreme Lord; so as one offers respect to the temple of the Lord, he should similarly properly respect each and every body in which the Paramatma dwells. Everyone should therefore be given proper respect and should not be neglected.

The essential thing to understand is that worshiping deity while disrespecting the paramatma in other living entities is not recommended. Mayavadis stretch this to the other extreme saying worship the paramatma in all living entities, including oneself, basically thinking oneself as paramatma or god and deride deity worship or considering it secondary or giving it a suboptimal consideration.

The right understanding is - deity is Krsna. Paramatma is Krsna. Brahman is impersonal manifestation of Krsna

Para brahman - Supreme absolute truth is manifest in in three aspects - Brahman  Paramatma, and Bhagavan - Krsna.

Vaishavas wroship Bhagavan Sri Krsna who is the highest manifestation of Parabrahman. 

Hare Krsna

• wonderfully elaborated prabhuji so understanding Paramatma is an essential step in bhakti

haribol

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

All understanding will be awarded by bhakti. No need of seperate understanding of anything 

Srimad Bhagavatam says 

By rendering devotional service unto the Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, one immediately acquires causeless knowledge and detachment from the world. SB 1.2.7

If one attains bhakti, one automatically attains knowledge and understanding. No need os separately understanding anything. But if one attains knowledge one may not attain bhakti because bhakti cannot be attained by jnana. Bhakti is independent. 

Hare Krsna

• its essential in sadhana bhakty with deity worship,

but not in raganuga bhakty or spontaneous devotional service.

we can see real examples of raganuga bhakty in the all citizens of vraja.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

Greatest expression of Raganuga Bhakti is when Lord Sri Chaitanya Maharabhu danced in ecstasy in the mood of vrajavasis at Puri Dham right in front of the deity of jagannath mounted mounted on His glorious rath.

Deity worship an essential element in sadhana bhakti. But even in raganuga bhakti deity is Supreme personality of godhead as manifested in Chaitanya lila. 

Bogus mayavadis say that deity worships is only for neophytes and as you advance deity worship is not essential. This is the degraded thought of perverted mayavadis who want to worship deity for purpose of achieving something that they speculate is higher than deity. 

Vaishnavas worship deity as Supreme personality of godhead. Even when vaishnavas are awarded other services by grace of lord they don't reject or disrespect or minimize deity/ deity worship. Nothing is higher than deity of lord because deity is Krsna. Nothing is higher than holy name of lord because holy name is Krsna. Nothing is higher than pastimes of Krsna because it is Krsna. 

Nothing is more cheaper than mayavada philosphy because it is cheapest expression of envy for Krsna

Hare Krsna

• you said :

Bogus mayavadis say that deity worships is only for neophytes and as you advance deity worship is not essential.

well, mayavadis are correct.

paramahamsa see dear lord everywhere,

in every living entity including his own heart.

therefore, deity worship in paramahamsa level is not essential.

SB 3.29.25Performing his prescribed duties, one should worship the Deity of the Supreme Personality of Godhead until one realizes My presence in his own heart and in the hearts of other living entities as well.
                  neophytes should continue worship deities,
                  until realize krishna presence in their own heart and in the hearts of other living beings. .

• Hare Krishna

The paramahamsas maybe Brahmavadis and not mayavadis, as they are dear to the Lord too.

BG 6.29: 

A true yogi observes Me in all beings and also sees every being in Me. Indeed, the self-realized person sees Me, the same Supreme Lord, everywhere.

BG 7.18:

All these devotees are undoubtedly magnanimous souls, but he who is situated in knowledge of Me I consider to be just like My own self. Being engaged in My transcendental service, he is sure to attain Me, the highest and most perfect goal.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

Lord Sri Chaitanya mahaprabhu says about such mayavadis

prabhu kahe,—“MAYAVADHI KRSNE APARADHI"

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, “The Mayavadi impersonalists are great offenders unto Lord Krsna; therefore they simply utter the words ‘Brahman,’ ‘atma’ etc(CC Madhya 17.129)

‘NAMA’, ‘VIGRAHA’, ‘SVARUPA’—tina eka-rupa

tine ‘bheda’ nahi,—tina ‘cid-ananda-rupa’

“The Lord’s holy name, His deity and His personality are all one and the same. There is no difference between them. Since all of them are absolute, they are all transcendentally blissful.(CC Madhya 17.131)

Lord has clearly said Nama, Vigraha and svarupa is all same. Whether one is neophyte whether one is advanved they are the same and worshippable. 

Mayavadi is Krsna aparadhi. Anyone who supports philosophy, statements, views of mayavadi will meet their appropriate ends 

Hare Krsna

• CC Madhya 24.80“The Absolute Truth is the same, but according to the process by which one understands Him, He appears in three forms — as Brahman, Paramātmā and Bhagavān, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
    CC Madhya 24.81“  ‘Learned transcendentalists who know the Absolute Truth say that it is nondual knowledge and is called impersonal Brahman, localized Paramātmā and the Personality of Godhead.’
    SB 1.2.11Learned transcendentalists who know the Absolute Truth call this nondual substance Brahman, Paramātmā or Bhagavān.
This reply was deleted.