Hare krsna,

I am interested in knowing more about rules and regulations we must follow for installing gaura nittai deities in home. And also I am the only person in my house who folloes krsna consciousness.my family members have no problem if I want to install the idol in the pooja Altair but my main question is I don't eat meat but by family members do do is it ok if I install the gaura nittai deitie idol in the pooja Altair.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor
    Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

It is very commendable that you want to install Gaur Nitai deities on your altar. However, since the family is eating non veg, maybe you start by installing photos instead of deities. Offer whatever you eat (I hope veg food without inion garlic) and ensure everyone eats a little of it everyday. Pray to Gaur Nitai that you want to bring Them home, to make the home environment conducive. Then you wait for the miracle to happen. Just ensure your family eats the prasadam offered everyday, even if it is little,.

Once you have installed photos, please start the worship as if They were deities - mangalarati and Sandhya arati must. Gradually your family will come around.

Haribol,
    Your servant,
    Radha Rasamayi DD
This reply was deleted.