Reincarnation

Hare Krishna Guruji and Mataji.

We do know that Islam, Christianity does not have concept of reincarnation  like Hinduism. Now for example, Assume that rather than me taking birth again and again depending on the Karma accumulated. Is it not easy to convert to Islam, follow the Qur'an religiously and die in peace and there would not be any rebirth. I will rather be judged on the judgement day as mentioned in the Qur'an. As i have followed the path shown in the book I will therefore be taken to heaven.

This was asked by my muslim friend to me. He said rather than carrying the baggage of your previous life in this life why don't you become muslim? There is no concept of reincarnation. You will be judged on your only life. Become a good follower of Quran and be assured to be taken to heaven. Basically one can start with clean slate by converting and becoming good muslim.So I would like to know why do Hindus have this concept where as others don't? Why should we only bare the consequences of karma not others in different religion?

Looking forward for answers.

Haribol.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have 3 real cases of people who reincarnated in my village, if you have guts come and check to my village, I am ready to show you those people and you can ask any question then, else remain humble. If you really want proofs Krishna and devotee will help you, if you just want to challenge authority of Krishna, you will be just fooled by your own tiny mind and senses. If you are coming contact me over gmail: durgadangi05@gmail.com
      • Sevak
        Hare Krsna

Where is the proof of reincarnation?
        I never said I will provide proof of reincarnation or have provided proof of incarnation.

For me the greatest proof beyond all so called "scientific" experiments by humans is the word of GOD - Lord Sri Krsna
        Lord Sri Krsna says in Bhagavad Gita

vāsāṁsi jīrṇāni yathā vihāya
        navāni gṛhṇāti naro 'parāṇi
        tathā śarīrāṇi vihāya jīrṇāny
        anyāni saṁyāti navāni dehī
        As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones. ( BG 2.22)

The above is ultimate proof for me.
        I am sure this doesn't serve your purpose. However there are well documented cases that support reincarnation. I am not saying this is proof. Look it into this if it is helpful to you. If not I can't help you.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h82PwADicl8

Hare Krsna
        • This reply was deleted.
          • Sevak
            Hare Krsna
            As said previously I am not trying to prove existence of God or reincarnation. You mentioned the following

"If it were true, out of the 7 billion in this world, we'd see more instances of it don't you think?"

No, I don't think. I think that reincarnation is a fact. I have no interest in proving it. But I think it is possible that it is a true phenomenon that need not have more instances of past life remembrances. It is possible that nobody in the world recalls their previous lives and yet reincarnation is true.

As said previously past life memory is not a proof of reincarnation. It supports reincarnation. If you think all of these are fake, I cannot help you. But having no proof of a phenomenon doesn't mean the phenomenon doesn't exist. It is still possible that the phenomenon exists. You don't believe it, that is perfectly understandable. Nobody is forcing you to. It is entirely up to you. But the main point I was making is the phenomenon doesn't depend on anybody's belief. it is what it is irrespective of what anyone thinks.

Hare Krsna
    • Thank you guruji.
      Hari bol
      • Sevak
        Hare Krsna

Kindly address me Bharat. I understand you may want to convey respect to devotees, you can address devotees as prabhu or mataji.
        Guruji is way to address those who are initiating gurus, and Maharaj is way to address Sannyasis.

Hare Krsna
  • E-Counselor
    Hare Krsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Your friend has given a very simplistic ostrich approach to the issue of reincarnation. Just by changing faith the laws of nature do not change. Simply if a school student thinks I will not learn algebra and do simple arithmetic, algebra will not cease to exist.

Muslims may not be aware of the law of reincarnation, that does not at all mean that such a law is not existing or functioning. If you observe the world, is it not very obvious that we are governed by a higher power. The rules of that higher power are mentioned in our scriptures. In those rules, rebirth is mentioned. When we observe people around us, doesn't this concept of suffering past karma get reinforced?
    Kayamat ke din - that is one judgement day. Then next life, next set of karma, next judgement day. What we call Yamraj keeping accounts of our karma, they call it Kayamat. Its so simple. They have not been told beyond that because they were not ready for knowledge beyond that.
    Only hindus have this concept because hindus have continued what was called Sanatan Dharma in earlier times. Like already mentioned, the word hindu is not mentioned in any of the scriptures anywhere. The people who carried forward the legacy of sanatan dharma are now called hindus. In fact, most hindus would have never heard the words sanatan dharma nor would be knowing the meaning even. Such is the level of ignorance.
    Haribol,
    Your servant,
    Radha Rasamayi DD
    • Mataji, pranam.
      Thank you for wonderful reply.
  • First ask him what is true meaning of Islam, actual meaning is taking shelter not changing hindu beard to muslim beard, that is nonsense. Ask him whether he really knows what is actual understanding of Islam, taking shelter of whom? What God looks like, why to take shelter of Him, why we have forgotten Lord, etc. All these points almost all muslims know nothing much. They will be flat when you say like that. Tell Him that you are neither Hindu nor muslim, you are soul, part of God as told in Gita, In Gita there is not a single word called Hindu or muslim. So follow Gita not this nonsense friend, else all will go toward hellish destinations through such foolish friends.
    • Guruji,
      Thank you for the reply.
      • Thanks for askin honestly! All the best!
This reply was deleted.