Reading bhagvad Geeta without Guru?

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

Pamho

Dandvat prabhu ji and mata ji 

i read Bhagvad Geeta daily , should i take association of Guru maharaj  and as possible as i recite at least one shalok daily , i realize  that it is very nice practice to improve my spiritual  knowledge , i  feel  that my mind , body and sense  are controled by krishna by blessing of lord krishna i feel peace now days but  chanting mahamantra is only  4 rounds plz guide prabhu ji and mata ji what should i do?  should i continue read bhagvad geeta ?

your servant

Ravi Dewangan

hare krishna  

jai gouranga , jai chaitanya prabhu

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Dear Romit prabhu Hare Krsna!   No.  Its not difficult for you and some other scincere souls.  Srila Prabhupada's purports are so clear and there are many commentaries by other great acaryas we can read also.  Its very clear!  Its emphatic.  You MUST accept a guru take diksa and personal training under the guidance of the pure devotee.  Its repeated again and again.  But somehow not many see that written on every page.     When Srila Prabhupada was personally present in Australia he was asked if by his purports we can clearly and fully understand Krsna and pure devotional service.  He replied 3 times.  NO NO NO!   You have to HEAR from the person who has understood the book.        The example of buying and reading medical books from the market thinking by this you will become a medical man is given,  You will not be accepted as a doctor simply by reading books.  You have to first be accepted  by the medical college and undergo disciplined training under the expert proffesors.  Only after passing the examination board can you be allowed to practice.  If you do not get trained in this way you cannot claim to be a doctor.   Those who claim they are doctors without any personal training  are called quacks.  Its that simple.

And yes,  There are many deep and confidntial meanings in the Gita.  Each word has many meanings and non devotees are misled by so many interpratations.  And also the purports are  compressed and have to be expanded io reveal the essancne of unalloyed devotion.  Those whose vision is colored by even a tinge of karma or jnana will not see that spotless devotion there.  They will see only mixed devotion.  You should not hear and accept training from them.  Be very careful to protect the delicate creeper of pure unalloyed devotion.   Put  complete faith in krsna prema and pray to Lord Nityananda. He is  most merciful on the fallen souls of kali yuga.   Jaya Nitai Gaurachanda!

• hare krishna
    thats gr8 that u feel supreme light
    • All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

Hare krishna prabhu 

yes prabhu i agree with u Bhagvad Geeta is krishna himself , if we apply instruction and order of Bhagvad Geeta

we can get mercy of krishna , i know it is difficult but is can be possible in deep love with krishna, but similarly we have accept all  prinicpal of Guru Maharaz and turth of Shastra because krishna said in Geeta. 

• AGTSP PAMHO Radhe Radhe we have a live Bhagavad Gita class on SKYPE daily,at 6PM hawaii time, it is interactive ,whit coments and questios at the end , to join u need Skype then add iskcon_hawaii ,the E-TEMPLE link is http://iskcon-hawaii.com/
        • Volunteer

We read the bible [Gita]day and night   But you read black and I read white

And then we fight   And might makes right.   Wordsworth. I added Gita

Dear devotees Hare Krsna!  Our beloved Srila Prabhupada in his introduction to the Gita As it Is has stated,  "One must understand the gita as Arjuna understood it from Krsna".  So Arjuna is Krsna's pure devotee and dear freind.  And Krsna says to Arjuna, 'Because you are never envious of Me and are My dear friend I shall impart this most confidential knowledge to you".  So many times again and again is stressed that only such pure devotee who has a transcendental loving relationship with Krsna can know the actual meaning of the Gita.  Not by mental speculation nor by study of comentaries can it be understood in Truth.  You have to serve a pure devotee who has a direct relationship with Krsna, please them and get their blessings.  Repeatedly hearing and putting your personal questions they will dispell your misunderstandings completely.  Bhagavad Gita is a very popular book amongst karmis, jnanis, yogis, politicians, non devotees who interpretate the Gita according to there own whims.  They are all conditioned souls who are subject to the 4 defects .  Imperfect senses,  mistakes, illusion and cheating propensity.  The Lord and His pure devotee are not under the influence of The 4 defects.  Therefore Krsna instructs us to inquire from a self realised soul who knows and sees The Truth.  When I get the mercy of the Gita and then need to learn how to surender I must pray that Krsna please send that pure devotee to me. Otherwise how will I understand the confidential message of the Gita which remains unknown to the nondevotees like myself.   Many people read Gita and chant Hare Krsna even.  This is certainly very good but without approaching the pure devotee who is Krsna"s representative in this world and learn the process of pure devotion from them,  I wil not get the ultimate goal of this chanting, Krsna prema.

• Well I was not very much spiritual in terms of dharma granth
    Though I believed lord SHIVA is the real super hero and spiderman is artificial hero.
    But once on june 09' I got chance to sit in 1st day out of 7 days recital of shree Bhagwat Geeta. I heard about the maha yagyaa yojna of 84000 hrishis at Naimi sharanya.
    Though I was very upset about in my practical life, I found my self very happy when I woke up next morning.
    though all devastations were there in its place in my heart I was feeling huge source of light.
    I never said these things to anybody as any one would laugh at me but I felt the kind of extream high intensity light, that could be compared with the light from cracker called MAHTAB
    • Hare Krihsna 

Danvata Pranam Mata ji

i m happy to hear that u feel huge source of light in your heart. actually krishna is supreme lord not shiva

lord shiva come by krishna according to vishnu puran. Now i feel and realized that Bhagvad Geeta is our real friend, Guru and God also. if we apply bhagvad geeta in our life sincerely we can get supreme peace and love of krishna. 

• Hare krishna

ravi i also dont have guru earlier but as i start reading shri mad bhagvatam gita, shri krishna him self become guru of mine..when v start reading automatically shri krishna takes cares of us..nw my guru is shri krishna ..he guides me..i m not totally surrender my self to shri krishna but i m in process ..soon i ll b successful.by god grace.whn v read shri mad bhagvatam gita, our sense is work according to it.same problem arise sometimes with me that , i dont have tym to read shri mad bhagvatam gita, then i read gita saar instead. reading daily is not important, important is how much v apply , and follow shri mad bhagvatam gita. every one is reading shri mad bhagvatam gita but they are not applying . for example read one para, apply it in ur life,this make wonderful changes in ur life.ur all queries solved by applying by grace of god.now come to chanting..u r chanting 4 rounds that gr8, no. of rounds doesnt matter, but ur bhav matter when u chant.

jai shri krishna
    • Hare Krishna Prabhu,

I agree that we should apply Srimad Bhagvad Gita in our day to day life. The crux of Bhagvad Gita is "Sarvaan Dharmaan paritayaj..." i.e. abandon all varities of religions and just surrender unto lotus feet of Sri Krishna. To achieve Krishna prema a process has to be followed which is given a pure devotee of the Lord i.e. a bonafide spiritual master who is in one of the four sampardayas started directly from Krishna.

As you said that it does not matter that number of rounds chanted .. but the bhava of chanting matters, but it is partly true. Srila Prabhupada founder acharya of ISKCON has recommended 16 rounds daily for all the devotees who are desirous of achieving Krishna. In the begining very few pious souls can do chanting sincerly with full devotion but for most people who are just learning.. they have to follow a discipline. If we chant according to the recommendations of Srila Prabhupada and other great acharyas we will progress at much faster rate in our spiritual life. In Bhagvad Gita Sri Krishna also says "

tad viddhi praṇipātena

paripraśnena sevayā

upadekṣyanti te jñānaḿ

jñāninas tattva-darśinaḥ 

TRANSLATION

Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth.

So when Krishna Himself says this then it is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.