Question: Why Gita As It Is Emphasizes Guru?

Question: Why Gita As It Is Emphasizes Guru?I have read the Bhagavad-gita many times but have yet to read the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. What is the difference? And how come it seems to stress having a spiritual master so much in the "As It Is" edition when I don't believe I have ever read it in the many translations that I own.Hare KrishnaAnswer: Because Krishna Emphasizes GuruThere is only version of the Bhagavad-gita, and that is the Bhagavad-gita spoken by Krishna. Lord Krishna clearly states in Bhagavad-gita 13.8-12: ācāryopāsanaṁ, that approaching in spiritual master is one of the items of knowledge and that not approaching a guru is ignorance.Therefore any Gita translation which accurately translates the Sanskrit must bring forward the necessity of having a bona fide spiritual master. If they do not do so, that edition, according to Sri Krishna, is in ignorance.If other authors are using the popularity of the Bhagavad-gita to present their own philosophy that a guru is not required, we are not interested in such so-called Bhagavad-gitas. Instead we are interested in what was actually spoken by Krishna to Arjuna because it is this pure, accurate presentation of the Bhagavad-gita that will deliver us from the cycle of birth and death, not other editions which change the words of Krishna.Hare Krishna Hare Krishna …For more discussions visithttp://harekrishnaharekrishna.ning.com/forum/

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.