Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada
|An Appeal About Us Donate Contact Us|
Hare Krsna Prabhuji,
Sorry for late response. I was not able to access this website for about 10 -12 days.
REgarding Purushottam month vrata, it can be done at various levels:
1) Eating only once a day
2) Eating only ekadasi prasadam everyday
3) No sleeping on bed, sleeping on floor with cloth covering
4) No oil in food. Use ghee.
5) Waking up early morning everyday and taking bath in brahma muhurta.
6) Doing/ attending mangalarati everyday.
7) Chanting extra everyday.
8) REading/ hearing lecture everyday on Krsna's pastimes.
9) Showing ghee lamp to the deities everyday.
10) Doing tulsi puja everyday.
There are more, but I can remember only these right now.
One can follow any one or all of these, as per convenience.
The important thing is to dedicate this month for spiritual pursuits.
Our guru maharaj's health being what it is, devotees are requested to offer the fruits of their vrata to guru maharaj, though there is no compulsion.
Radha Rasamayi DD