Forum 2.0

Psychosis

A devotee has genuinely got hallucinations about Lord Krsna interacting with him. After knowing the truth that its just hallucinations he is heart broken. How can he pacify himself and move on.
Then can it be considered as, Nothing happens by chance in this world. Not even a blade of grass moves without the consent of Lord Krsna.
According to previous Janma's Karma is he given that chance wherein Krsna trained that boy to chant Hare Krishna by watching the kirtanas.

IDT, can you please ask Chaitanya Charan Prabhu to explain about this psychosis mystery. It would be very helpful. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak
    Hare Krsna

Strictly speaking there is noway to clearly know whether such things are hallucinations or a spiritual experience.
    But it can be understood from the how one reacts to it.
    If the devotee's faith on Sri Krsna and Bhakti increases, he becomes more serious in rendering service humbly then it may be considered real at a personal level.
    But if a devotee thinks that I am so great I got direct Darshan of Lord and feels proud then it is certainly hallucination or trap by maya.

But whatever it is nobody needs to prove anything to anyone. It is quite personal. It is nothing for broadcasting.

Hare Krsna
  • E-Counselor
    Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.
    We all have our unique relationship with Krsna. He reciprocates with each of us in a unique manner. If the dreams brought your friend closer to Krsna, assured him of Krsna's presence in his life, made him chant or do other devotional activities, isn't it worth it?

Haribol,
    Your servant,
    Radha Rasamayi DD
    • Thank you Mataji. After reading the replies my friend is back to normal in kc. Has begun chanting again. Thanks a lot.
      Your servant
  • There's no such thing as psychosis, even for those who have delusions about reality. "Psychosis" is a false label people use to hurt others, created by ignorant non-enlightened people to propagate a system if corporate destruction of Spiritual Society. And Krishna can choose to appear in any way He chooses and all of His Divine Love is real, be it in a dream, an appiration, or communication in Deity form. Psychiatry is nonsense money based torture of the Soul that misunderstands the mind, body and Soul completely, and ultimately psychiatry tries to take people away from Krishna. Don't give into that nonsense. It is possible for demons to pretend to be Krishna to hurt the practitioner of Krishna Consciousness, but don't call that psychosis, don't use nonsense terms. But rest assured that Krishna was there for your friend and some nonsense person has tried to convince him that he did not see Krishna. We are devotees, we know who Krishna is, and we love Him dearly. My advice is to keep meditating on the Supreme Lord and a non-stop chanting of Hare Krishna, this will balance out the mind that has been through tribulation. Without Krishna everyone is mentally ill, the only mental illness is Godlessness, and our healing center is Krishna's Soul. God Bless you Prabhu.

Hare Krishna.
    • Thank you Prabhu. Thanks for the much needed answer. It's like Maya has been trying to convince to give up Krishna bhakti from all sides for that devotee. Be it family, psychiatrists. This answer is enough to keep going. Thanks.
  • Thank you so much Pratik Prabhu for the link. Answer to this question is very much needed. Please other devotees can give their answers too.
  • Hare Krishna,

I am not sure of the answer to your question, but I know HG Chaitanya Charan Prabhu's website link where you can ask him your queries. Check the link below:

https://www.thespiritualscientist.com/ask-a-question/

But as mentioned in the above website itself, please kindly read the guidelines for asking questions there.

YS,
    Ask a Question
    Kindly read the guidelines for asking questions at the bottom of this page before asking questions in the following format. Your Name (requ…
This reply was deleted.