Pretending to be devotee..........

Hare Krishna All,

PAMHO,

All glories to srila prabhupada!

Please forgive me if Iam offensive. I am chanting 16 rounds and also following regulative

principles....sometimes I force myself to chant and finish 16 rounds.......and I feel bad that Iam

not doing this out of love for krishna but for my selfish desire of being safe and secure my future.

I am exposed to many materialistic pleasures and dont have proper brought up as well, that may be

one of the reason for not getting the taste of krishna consiousness.I think People who are pure enough and whose brought up is good can develop krishna consiousness very quickly. In my assosiation I have

person who can recite most of the mantras and has good command on bhagawadam and bhagwadgita

and respect him for his vedic knowledge, his yoga practice, but when it comes to women and relationships, he is more eager to know about them and so on,I feel he is pretending to be devotee. this makes me feel that there is something else that is needed to develop pure bhakti and to be called as devotee. Inspite of all this I am practising krishna consiousness and trying to get the taste of it. I want to taste krishna consiousness and go deep into it, the problem is Iam not totally convinced. Does this comes with time or I am lacking any effort? Please help me to become devotee as I dont want to be pretender.

Your Servant

Aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Very Good discussion especially sudheera prabhu wht u explained is 100 % correct.As other members replied very fruitful dicussion.Hare Krishna.

• Volunteer

but i liked Mumbai :-) when one first enters to that city covered with black umbrella - smoke one's determination to go back to Godhead increases ;-)

so it is not a curse but a blessing.

But there is one place which i call it as the Heart of Mumbai - Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Mandir. The place where sincere Devotees loudly chant the Holy Names, take care of Deities...i can surely say to You that whenever i am in Mumbai i feel myself as if i am in Maypur or Govardhan.

--------------------------------

THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE Siddhartha Prabhu!!!!

everything is still the same. Same cancer, same food, same desires, same men, same women, same sufferings, same Holy Names.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Aakash pr,

PAMHO. AGTSP. AGTSG&SG.

Very wonderful question once again. Its a fact that we all have to accept that the material creation is being run by the desire for sex. that is why its called sometimes as mithunaagar - encageing by the desire of sex. The creation itself is made and designed to operate that way. If some one is attracted to opposite sex or is interested in hearing about them or knowing about how to impress them and so on, then we need not be astonished at all because this is BAU (Business As Usual). What we need to be astonished of is that there are some who have given up this desire and are still continuing practicing of pure devotional service. Try to see such people and derive inspiration.

For example, if I want to be a good student in the class and score good marks, I need to associate with good students who top the class and learn from them and practice myself. If I see the failure students and think that they are failing and I can not pass too and join them, we can never become a good student at all. Decide what you want to be and associate with the appropriate devotees.

Regarding association, I heard something very nice in one of the class. When we see some senior devotees, we should respect them, when we see some one junior to us, we should be compassionate to them and when we see our equals, we should have loving exchanges with them. But, how can we be sure that some one is a senior or junior or equal to us??? A devotee who is coming to temple for the first time may be a Greate devotee in his last life and has already completed his 99.99% quota of devotional service and for sure may go back to God head this life. So, we should not take chance and offend any vishnava.

Sri Chaitnya Mahaprabhu said amaanina maanadena keerthaniya sadha harihe. Only when we respect every one, even the most un respected person on the planet and expect none in return. Only in such a state of mind we can chant the name of lord constantly. Also, Mahaprabhu told that any one who chants HK mahamantra once in his life is a devotee, a vishnava.

Bottom line is that there can be many more things like this we may come across, but we should not be judgemental and brand some one to be pretending. Lets bother about our own KC life and try to become better devotee of Krishna.

Hope not offended you or any one else reading this. If so Please forgive me.

Hari bol!!!

• learnt a lot 4m dis discussion....thank evry1.

haribol

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

For example, Srila Prabhupada also was Grihastha with 4-5 children. Bhaktivinod Thakur also was a Grihastha with 10 children. Let's see His time table:

20.10 - отдых (2 часа)  - resting time (2 hours)

22.00 – 4.00 - писательский труд - writing 

4.00 – 4.30 - отдых - resting

4.30 – 7.00 - повторение джапы - Japa in beads

(молитвы на четках)

7.00 – 7.30 - корреспонденция - correspondence 

7.30 – 9.30 - изучение священных шастр - learning shastras

9.30 – 10.00 - омовение, Прасад - bathing, Prasad

(½ литра молока, фрукты, 2 чапати) - (half liter milk, fruits, 2 chapatis) 

10.00 – 13.00 - работа в суде - job at the Judge

13.00 – 14.00 - отдых дома - rest at home

14.00 – 17.00 - работа в суде - job at Judge

17.00 – 19.00 - перевод шастр с санскрита на бенгали - translation work shastras from Sanskrit into Bengali.

19.00 – 20.00 - омовение, Прасадам (поллитра молока, рис, 2 чапати). - bathing, Prasadam, (half liter milk, rice, 2 chapatis)

Общий расход времени: - general time spent  

сон – 3 часа - sleep - 3 hours

писательский труд – 8 ½ часов - writing work 8.5 hours 

Джапа, изучение писаний – 4 ½ часа - Japa, learning Shastras - 4.5 hours

работа – 6 часов. - job 6 hours

-----------------------------------

i do not know about what kind of sin You are talking but if we have desire and determination to achieve something we can do that!

If a wife is a Devotee then she make from a simple house a Vaikuntha. Taking care of Tulasi Maharani, kids, cooking, washing, keeping house clean, worshiping to Deities. If she does not do those things then it is Your male duty to help her and to teach her to do such like services.

Husband is a Guru of his wife. He should give 4 kind of protection to a wife. one of them is Spiritual. If You start to wake up early in the morning, chant Your Japa, read Bhagavatam then wife also will be eager to do that seeing Your example. 

Husband should preach to His wife and children. 

------------------

yes, if we do not occupy our sense with Devotional service then we will start to desire dirty things. Our mind is like of fly's mind.  

You can make You home a Temple then You all will be living at the Temple fully being engaged serving to Krishna. You will earn money for Krishna, wife will cook for Krishna ....

so no time for sense gratification and sins.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Maral Mataji,

Pamho,

All glories to Srila prabhupada and my gurudev!

Mataji the timetable of prabhupada is very tough to follow for normal person like me. I feel disturbed and have acidity problem if I sleep for less time.But In one of the lectures I heard some prabhu (sorry dont remember his name) saying that we should sleep 6 hours a day. Anyways at least I follow to an extent I can .

Your servant

Aakash

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Sorry if i did not mentioned. Above was Bhaktivoda Thakur's  timetable. 

Anyways, we can not imitate in our stage but i also heard from the lectures that men should sleep 6 hours, female 7, others more :-)

It was just example that Krishna showing the life style of His pure Devotees wants to tell us that even if one has 10 children, even if one is in grihastha ashram, even if one works with materialistic people there is possibility to be in Krishna Consciousness.

Your servant, 

• The devotees of Lord Viṣṇu offer all kinds of sacrifices for His pleasure. The devotees are always attached to the service of the Lord, whereas fallen souls are attached to the pleasures of material existence. In Bhagavad-gītā, it is said that anything performed in the material world for any reason other than for the pleasure of Lord Viṣṇucauses further bondage for the performer. It is enjoined therefore that all acts must be performed sacrificially for the satisfaction of Viṣṇu and His devotees. This will bring everyone peace and prosperity.

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji, PAMHO !!

All Glories & My Obisences to Srila PrabhuPad & Gurudev!!

All Glories & My Obisences to Gauranga!!

All Glories & My Obisences to Radha Rani & Govind !!

Prabhuji in all your concern there is some strong desire to achieve Krishna Prem, just keep on doing whatever you are doing keeping this desire intact. Krishna understand much better the conditioned soul. He just want to see your endeavour. Pray to him from the core of your heart for his guidance and pray to him for Guru.

All we are doing today without initiation is the practice of practicing Krishna conciuosness, once by the mercy of Krishna we get our Guru and his accpetance of being his desiciple i.e. once we are initiated the real taste of KC you will start getting and from their actual elevation on bhakti will start. Till that time just endeavour for Krishna Prem.

Remember a pure devotee will never standup and say I am pure devotee, the moment he does be sure that Maya has taken charge over him. Dont ever blaspheme Vaishnav's whatever they do their is some pure intent which we dont understand.

I am also practicing KC but I am a real fallen soul, need mercy of Krishna and association of Vaishnav's like you all so that I also get guru and elevate in KC. Please please pray for me.

YS,

Ashish

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotee, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

First, Siddhartha  Prabhu, please forgive for the next: there is no need to be a full time Temple Devotee in order to progress in Krishna Consciousness. Lord Gouranga told: REMAIN WHERE EVER YOU ARE! IF YOU HAVE FAMILY LIVE WITH YOUR FAMILY! IF YOU WORK, OR IF YOU LIVE IN THE FOREST ...JUST ADD THE HOLY NAMES TO YOUR LIFE. and it is the perfection of life in Kali Yuga.

-------------------

We do not have any qualification to enter to Spiritual world. We are soooooooo degraded. we do not have enough money, wealth to buy that ticket to Goloka. we even do not have passport or visa. NOTHING. we even do not have strength to cheat and enter that World. 

the only way is to beg! Just beg to give to us that mercy unconditionally. If we can do that than life is perfect.

------------------

In order to able to beg we have to have the next 4 qualities:

to be humble than a blade of grass

to be tolerant than a tree

to respect everybody

and do not for respect to ourselves

--------------------------

His Holiness Srila Radhanatha Swami Maharja says that if you think that you are advanced then something is wrong with your mind. you have to work with it nicely.

--------------

A person should be satisfied  with the next things in life:

1. with wife

2. with food which he eats

3. with his salary

And he should not be satisfied with the next thing:

1. with the quality of chanting

In chanting we never ever should be satisfied. If today we chanted little bit nicely then we have to chant better tomorrow. better and better. no end.

-----------------------

Akaash Menon Prabhu, if You feel so than Your mood is right to the point. Do not be satisfied with Your progress and it is the key for real success.

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.