ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

practising krishna consciousness in a muslim country where its population is % 99 muslim and having some difficulties in here

Haribol! All Glories To The Srila Prabhupada.
My name is Gauranga Das and ı live in Turkey. I would like to share my experiences while trying to keep practising in krishna consiciousness in here.
So i am practising Krishna Consiciousness with other devotees who reside in Turkey. Actually ı either go to work in order to maintain my material body or trying to make progress in devotional service which is the purpose of life.
As a matter of fact while trying to execute service and keeping in touch with other devotees, i am being attacked pysically and psychologically by some persons including  my material family as i am practising bhakti yoga which they say it is cult due to its being conradictory to be keen on such things(worshiping god by chanting, not eating meat,not gambling, offering bogas, aratis and so on)according to the turkish religion, culture and norms. And ı was forcibly put in a mental clinic hospital because my material family proceeded against me due to be in krishna consiciousness. I was either questioned by psychiatrists or police about why i am the member of this cult(which is not cult). I was taken to the compound(they call like that)and locked up in that place for almost 1 month. And ı have been observed in those days. As a result, I was told that I was brainwashed. So they stamped me as schizotypal due to the fact i am interested in krishna consiciousness.

As far as i am concerned, everyone is given a chance to live what they want to or what their heart say. And after  I had met with Krishna Consiciousness four years ago i started  practicing bhakti yoga almost everyday on account of being absorbed in thinking the spiritual life which brings the eternal happiness and peace. Actually i dont discriminate people whether they are muslim, christian, buddhist or hindu etc. or i dont say that all religions are bad and because my heart says that i am sincerely interested in this path so i chose this path to continue.

Furthermore, ı took my material family to the court several times and i got the restraining order. but still i am being hampered to practise devotional service. They threaten that they would harm me and the other devotees and also put me in a mental hospital. So recently ı was commited violence and with this reason ı took a legal action against them on account of being interfered my life and commited violance against me. They also humiliate other devotees by using bad language to them and krishna consiciousness. In this case, I would like to ask what I should do? By the way, After I had been diagnosed as schizotypal, i voluntarily went one of the mental hospital and i took a report where is written that i dont have any mental disease.

Views: 2792

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

My hundred obeisances to you for your faith and perseverance.

Your story tells us how lucky we are, and how much we take our freedom for granted.

What you can do prabhuji is: Do you need to stay in Turkey necessarily and work? Is it not possible for you to leave the country and take up job in some other more accepting country? Or would it be possible for you to join an ISKCON temple full time in whichever country you think fit?

If you are going to choose the second option, then it would be a good idea to gradually start staying in the temple. FIrst stay for a week, then get out. THen after a month, stay for a week again. Do this for 3 -4 months. THne stay for 2 weeks for the next 3-4 months. Then stay for a  month. Like that, you see whether you are comfortable staying in a temple - it can have its own challenges.

Needless to say, your material family should be of no consequence to you - get out alone and start working somewhere else. If you earn enough, and you have financial responsibilities to fulfill, and you still want to take care of your family despite everything they have done to you, then you can send money home. THat way, there will be all round peace.

If you continue to stay in Turkey, you will be subjected to more trials and humiliations.

No you are not a mental case prabhu. You are a very dear and determined devotee. I can say this that KRsna is very pleased with your perseverance. Continue to chant 16 and follow 4. Read Bhagawad Gita and Srimad Bhagawatam everyday.

If you want to make real spiritual progress, forgive your family prabhu from your heart for what they have done to you - they do not know what they have done and in their eyes, they were simply trying to reclaim you as one of their own.

BEst of luck.

Do keep in touch.

I wil lworry for you prabhuji.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

HUndreds and thoudands of obeisances to you prabhuji. YOu are far more advanced than many devotees I know. Who am I to give you any advise. I need advise from you. Pls forgive me and bless me prabhuji.

You have chosen the tough path, which shows your level of surrender.

Krsna has chosen you to be His warrior in that country - to establish His name in that country. YOu are indeed fortunate.

I am so fortunate to be able to simply write to you and communicate with you.

I am reminded of the book - The Salted Bread.

One day I hope to have your darshan and serve you in whichever capacity I can.

Pls be in touch with devotees to get inspiration and to give inspiration.

I am feeling so humbled and so happy to read your post.

Hari haribol prabhuji.

Dandvats.

Your servant,

Rashmi

Hare krsna prabhuji.

Please accept my humble obeisances. 

All Glories to Sri Guru & Gauranga.

First of all, hats-off to your determination & faith in Lord Sri Krisha.

Rashmi mataji very well said. I thinks what she has advised you is totally correct.

YOU SHOULD ALSO CONSULT YOUR GURU-MAHARAJ FOR THE SOLUTION.

I will always pray for your devotional life and your health.

May Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai and Srila Guru-Parampara always bless you with their loving mercy.

Your servant,

Arjuna Ananda Das

Please please 

how lucky you are to suffer because dear lord krishna, many celestials and humans can just dream about.

haridasa namacarya was beaten on 22 squares till death because dear krishna, look what destination he achieved.

jesus christ was passed the same together with his students like peter and john and many others after them.

every single drop of pain and discomfort done because of lord ,

voluntarily or by force, is the best way of getting lords mercy.

mother kunti said :

SB 1.8.25 — I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths.
SB 1.8.26 — My Lord, Your Lordship can easily be approached, but only by those who are materially exhausted. One who is on the path of [material] progress, trying to improve himself with respectable parentage, great opulence, high education and bodily beauty, cannot approach You with sincere feeling.

Hare Krishna

I dont have the words to express what I felt reading your post. I read the reply of Rashmi ji and felt it was the perfect suggestion - actually your safety is a serious concern being in  a 99% muslim country and we know how tolerant they can be. you have chosen a very tough path...

But your faith and persistence to continue there is appreciable. Always remember Krishna is there also - in all times remember Him. 

You have taken up this absolute great work of translating Sri Bhagwatam in turkish language. Hope Krishna helps you in this. 

Hare Krsna,

Your story is indeed very touching Pr Gauranga Das. But not surprising because the whole material atmosphere is full of faithlessness and opposition because of the degraded age of Kali.

I suggest that you use the Internet and other social networks to remain in touch with the devotees of Lord Krsna.

This is what I have been doing myself over the years, especially because I went through a period when I had no physical

contact with devotees. Please keep up your courage and consider this could be due to effect of previous lives without offence.

It is not easy to give proper advice in this case. But I recall scriptures advise to accept what is favourable for Krsna's service. If you are not married and can cope with life in another country, then if should perhaps work towards that goal.

But of course, it's up to you to consider all factors involved especially work. But all in all, it could be worth through contacts considering a move unless you can be protected by a group of devotees or can appeal to those less radical muslims to mediate in your favour.

Important is not to let anger affect you even if it's very difficult and easier to say than to do.

Chant the holy names of Lord Krsna. In a dangerous position or not, that is what we should do.

Haribol,

RSS

Television Channel

Join us on Whatsapp!

Online Statistics

Back to Godhead Magazine Subscription !

© 2019   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service